Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

TA-THREATS: FBI warns Texas oil refineries of possible attack

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The FBI has warned the Texas oil industry that it may be a target of possible terror attacks to coincide with the upcoming elections in November. There is no specific threat, but the FBI felt it was necessary to issue an alert to the petroleum industry in Texas. This is similiar to the pen gun threat and warnings made by the FBI.

Reuters
One official on Thursday said the advisory, based on intelligence the FBI has received, went to the industry and law enforcement officials in Texas "out of an abundance of caution." The official said the FBI in the past year processed 7,000 threats, and added, "These communications go out on a daily basis."

[Edited on 3-25-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wonder why just Texas ? Makes me think that they might be aware of specific threats and targets.

There are refinerys all over the place.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Winds of Black Death, exactly like I described in another thread.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Black Death = Oil Fires

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Okay, let's review what has happened so far concerning refineries and chemical plants:

We've got a security guard that was shot at the chemical plant in Freeport, Texas on 01/23/04. This was reported here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here

and, as far as I'm concerned, never satisfactorily explained. (They tried to insinuate the guard lied and then it just "went away" like so many things have since 9/11.)

Then we had the two "suspicious men" caught hanging around the Pennsylvania refinery just in the past 10 days.

Reported here:

HELLO! Is anybody home?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Besides the incredible video a refinery explosion would cause (we had a big refinery fire in Tulsa this week) how would such an attack effect Americans.

Could such attacks cause any issues with population centers, besides a few hours of evacuation of the areas? I don't doubt they may be targeting these areas I am just wondering if anyone on the board has any idea what the potential impact could be.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
one thing that would be definitely impacted would be the availability and price of oil in your area, target our economy and life becomes tougher. also depending on how close the refineries are from the population and the extent of the explosion...i think you can figure out what might happen there...but i am no expert on this stuff...i'm not sure.

nak

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Biggest concern in the refineries is the tank fields. Unless you really know your way around a refinery your, life expectancy inside the plant is higly limited. This is not an easy job environment to work in.

Not that you could not get a idiot to carry explosives into such a place, just that unless you know the processes and equipment involved you would only cause minimal heartburn.

Also, there are not really many refineries left in the US as good ol Clinton did his best to have the EPA shut down all he could. Not to mention that in order to make profit they have to be about 150,000 BPD (for outsiders- thats Barrels per day) in size.

new topics

join