It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indianapolis Voter Registration at 105% (ACORN voter fraud)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Source:

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

Voter registration is at record levels and new registrations are coming at a torrid pace. Indeed, Paul Ogden does the math and figures that voter registration in Indianapolis and Marion County has exceeded 105 percent of the over-eighteen population, which is quite a feat!

There’s a bit of hubbub about this in the blogosphere. Warner Todd Huston thinks the dreaded MSM is missing the story and wonders whether “ACORN, Barack Obama’s favorite fraud immersed ‘community organizer’” is behind it. Moe Lane, The Anchoress, Michelle Malkin, Rob Port, and others concur.

Of course, there are perfectly likely non-fraudulent reasons that could be. The 2007 census baseline numbers Ogden’s relying on could understate the current population. The voter rolls likely include large numbers of people who have died or moved but will in fact not vote.

Ken Dixon, reporting for the Connecticut Post, notes that there are indeed several ACORN-related “phony registrations” in that state, including the registration of a “7-year-old girl in the Marina Village housing complex, whose age was listed as 27 on the voter card.” Malkin points to other reports in Missouri, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana from credible sources.

In all cases but the last, the numbers are negligible: a handful of obviously fraudulent registrations out of thousands generated from ACORN drives. In Indiana, ACORN turned in 2000 registrations in Lake County, with 1100 of them “no good.”

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I live in Indianapolis and there has been NO local coverage of this story. Not at the indystar.com, WISHTV.com, or WTHR.com. I have written their news directors they do one of their "in-depth" reports they love to do. Y'know the kind...raid some poor restaurant or do some dumpster diving to "uncover" the scandal.

It's shameless...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

2 questions:
1. What is the average percentage who vote. Pretty sure it's not 100%
2. What is the punishment for voter fraud? Send voter fraud participants to levenworth for YEARS and see what the GOP margin of victory is. CHAD has nothing on these unlawful crooks who steal my ability to express my opinion and punish me for obeying the law.

Hey maybe it's there way of insuring that in fact the meek will inherit the earth.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That's crazy.

I am, however, going to require some sort of MSM pick up or proof with sources to believe it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Would you even believe it if it hit right between your eyes? I doubt it.

Same thing that happened in Washington state during the last election when a democrat won the governor's seat.

Guess they (ACORN) are trying the same tactics again across the county in hopes of ensuring a win by their friend and benefactor O(bs)ama.

Hopefully, we can expose them before the election this time and if necessary, republicans can adopt the democrat tactic of sueing when an election is in doubt - and it looks like there will be plenty of doubt.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
IMO just like the Florida recount, this is just another story to keep the masses diverted from talking about the truth. The truth that the whole process is rigged in the first place.

NWO tactic#37 - tell a smaller lie to cover up a bigger lie.

Wait that's not NWO, I did that when I was a teenager. Well, maybe they stole the idea from me. Regardless, they're using it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You expect me to believe one bloggers math? Hardly. Edited math at that, since this guy expects us to believe that he knows something that no one else does.

That's all fine and well, but he at least needs to provide his source documents and work to back it up.

Honestly, where does the baiting and trolling end with you?

*Edit:

And I know your not used to having to provide evidence, but can you at least back up claims, such as the one about Washington?

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

You expect me to believe one bloggers math? Hardly.

No, you are actually about the only person I do not expect to believe any evidence of fraud or corruption by democrats - even if presented with a mountain of evidence.

Most other people will at least start to recognize the pattern of fraud that is developing in state after state.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Great. Well, please, provide us with this hypothetical "mountain of evidence", or end your streak of accusations versus anyone who disagrees with you.

If it were Republicans, would you believe it off of one liberal blogger's math?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Great. Well, please, provide us with this hypothetical "mountain of evidence", or end your streak of accusations versus anyone who disagrees with you.

If it were Republicans, would you believe it off of one liberal blogger's
math?

But it's already much more than that in more than one state.

Be patient - your mountain of evidence is coming. Not that it would probably change your mind. This seems to be just the tip of the ACORN/Obama voter fraud "iceberg".

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I agree about that. I am not denying voter registration fraud has happened, especially in other states.

So, perhaps it has happened there. I never denied it did. I am just asking for evidence before we all start accepting it as fact. 105% is crazy, especially considering the national average in 2004 was 79%.

I don't think it's that much to ask for documentation.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i've heard tonight that the secretary of state in ohio is being sued for not doing anything about the acorn fraud going on in her state.
I don't think the repubs are gonna sit on their hands this election and let the dems get away with this again.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Indiana recently won a case in the U.S. Supreme Court over a law requiring a picture ID to vote. They also recently purged their voter lists to eliminate invalid registrations.

That is not to say fraud does not happen, but Indiana is reputed to be more on top of the situation than other midwestern states.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Previously, Indiana voter registration rolls accrued for decades without being purged due to population changes, i.e. deaths and relocation. I would imagine this accounts for much of the funky registration numbers.

We had a huge mess during the election before last due to polling place staffers not showing up or knowing how the equipment works.

We are a well oiled machine here in Indiana.

Edit: Doh, beaten by Grumble.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I can agree with you on that, too. I just remember, can't find it now (of course), but there was a similar issue in Washington state last election where there were more votes than registered voters and the democrat won. Don't want to see anything - at least that blatant - allowed to happen again.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

No, you are actually about the only person I do not expect to believe any evidence of fraud or corruption by democrats - even if presented with a mountain of evidence.

Most other people will at least start to recognize the pattern of fraud that is developing in state after state.

Dude, stop just saying this and prove it already. It is easy to claim that people would not believe even if there were a mountain of evidence when the mountain NEVER comes.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
How does one compete with fraud?
Even if you were to win over fraud, I've got a feeling the so called "disenfranchised" would soon be crying foul.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Washington, if at first you don't succeed find more ballots, oh and find them in a precint that is heavalt supporting your cause.

www.cnn.com...

Results flip
Rossi, 44, led Gregoire by 261 votes after the initial count, a margin small enough to trigger an automatic statewide machine recount. After the second tabulation, he led by 42 votes.

But citing the narrowness of the margin, 57-year-old Gregoire refused to concede, and the state Democratic Party put up a $730,000 deposit to pay for a statewide hand recount, which put her into the lead for the first time.

Because that recount flipped the result, Democrats will get their money back and the state will pay the cost of the retabulation.

In the midst of the hand recount, election officials in King County said they discovered the some 735 absentee ballots. When they evaluated the ballots on Thursday, 566 were found to be valid and added to the count.

Republicans went to court to stop those votes from being included, arguing that their emergence was suspicious and that state law limited recounts to only those ballots that had been counted in the earlier tallies. But on Wednesday, the state Supreme Court ruled 7-0 that the disputed ballots should be added to the county's recount result.

The ballots were originally rejected because the signature on the ballot did not match the voter registration signature in King County's computer system. But Dean Logan, the county's election director, said the ballots were excluded by mistake because the voter registration signatures were never entered into the computer system.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And more....

UPDATE (12:13pm): There are actually over 5,000 more ballots cast in King County than there are voters who showed up at the polls or mailed them in. You can’t make it up! Sound Politics has the scoop.

It is now official. From The Seattle Times.

After three vote tallies and 58 days of waiting, Democrat Christine Gregoire was declared Washington’s governor-elect today. But her Republican rival did not concede and wants a new election.

Secretary of State Sam Reed, a Republican, certified Gregoire, the three-term attorney general, as the winner of the closest governor’s race in state history. She won a statewide hand recount by a scant 129 votes out of more than 2.8 million cast.

To no one’s surprise whatsoever, Christine Gregoire did not join Rossi in calling for a revote. Shocking!

The GOP’s list of gripes….

Vance, Republican Party attorney Peter Schalestock and Dan Brady, the party’s lead recount observer for King County, made the following allegations about vote-counting in King County, which put Gregoire over the top:

• The county violated state election regulations by permanently obscuring voters’ original marks on ballots that were “enhanced” with white tape or dark ink.

• Election workers were inconsistent in deciding whether a vote should be disqualified as an “overvote,” that is, a vote for two competing candidates. The county issued guidelines several days into the machine recount, then told counting teams after the hand recount started to direct all potential overvotes to the canvassing board.

The alleged change made the counting of an individual vote “purely random,” Vance said.

• Party observers often couldn’t see much of what election workers were doing and weren’t told in advance that county elections superintendent Bill Huennekens was going to go through absentee ballots to look for wrongfully rejected ballots.

• Rejected absentee ballots — 566 of which were eventually reconsidered and boosted Gregoire’s margin in the manual recount from 10 votes to 130 — were stored in unsealed trays outside a locked cage in the county’s absentee-ballot warehouse.

So theres Wasington for ya...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I just read this at Yahoo! News:

Missouri Officials suspect fake voter registration

"I don't even know the entire scope of it because registrations are coming in so heavy," Davis said. "We have identified about 100 duplicates, and probably 280 addresses that don't exist, people who have driver's license numbers that won't verify or Social Security numbers that won't verify. Some have no address at all."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join