It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Inside Account of U.S. Eavesdropping on Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Exclusive: Inside Account of U.S. Eavesdropping on Americans

abcnews.go.com

Despite pledges by President George W. Bush and American intelligence officials to the contrary, hundreds of US citizens overseas have been eavesdropped on as they called friends and family back home, according to two former military intercept operators who worked at the giant National Security Agency (NSA) center in Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Intercept operators allege the NSA is listening to citizens' phone calls.

"These were just really everyday, average, ordinary Americans who happened to be in the Middle East, in our area of intercept and happened to be making these phone calls on satellite phones,"Kinne described the contents of the calls as "personal, private things with Americans who are not in any way, shape or form associated with anything to do with terrorism."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Americans being routinely wiretapped by the NSA without a court order simply because they were outside the US. Our rights apparenlty do not travel with us outside the nation's borders.

And added to it the Soviet-style listening posts, with NSA staffers sitting and listening for hours to personal conversations of ordinary Americans, none the wiser that their private conversation is being invaded by their own government. Appalling.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This topic is being "discussed" already here.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
*smiles* I don't think it's being "discussed" anywhere yet as no one has replied to either of your threads yet. Just sayin'

It is reprehensible, however. I'm an American who lives outside the U.S. I'm sure if they're listening to my phone calls they're either extremely bored or think I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist. Either way...

[edit on 10/9/08 by Malynn]

new topics

top topics

join