It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and Gentlemen...A Thread about Nagging

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I share a house with two men, one of whom never cleans the bath after himself.

I had no idea how to tackle the problem, but today the other guy came to my rescue.

He came into the living room after his shower and asked me if I'd been bathing the dog (I was in on the joke) since he'd noticed how filthy the bath was.

I protested my innocence, but strangely we got no response from the culprit.

We're waiting to see if the problem will persist.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

WOW!
Subtle hints sometimes work...sometimes not.
Good Luck!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Women nag daily because they are only venting and are letting out their frustraton on the poor guy.
Men don't nag, they merely bottle up their frustration in silence, until one day all this built up frustration explodes and the guy says see ya.

Not saying one is right and the other wrong, that's just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Why do so many people spend so much time & effort sweatin' the small stuff. In a hundred years, nobody will care about the clothes on the floor or if the toilet seat was left up. These are not the things that I want to be remembered for. On my death bed, I don't wanna look back at my life and have fond memories of a nice kept house and a well trained spouse.

By the way, some men DO nag. I know one guy that I always tell ..."You'll make someone a good wife one day."

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Congratulations, ladies, for a bunch of great ideas on what to do to men who don't pick up after themselves. And you DO deserve better from us men folk. Plain and simple. I try my best to be responsible for my part of the relationship that I'm in. I fall short sometimes, though. Anyway, I am posting three jokes with my post that I hope every female who reads them will get a kick out of, as well as a bunch of laughs.
1. Q. What is the difference between a man and a savings bond?
A. The savbings bond matures!
2. Q. What two things does a good looking man have in common with a
parking space?
A. He's either taken or is handicapped!
3. Q. What's the difference between Cupid and a man?
A. Cupid is a pain in the Butt just one day out of the year!
I hope that all the women who read these jokes will appreciate them AND pass them along.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TeeJay

You must know my ex-husband. He was always nagging about something. LOL One day I said you put some women I know to Shame.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ok, I'm mystified here. What's the big deal about squeezing the middle of the tube? I mean, I've done it. When it runs low then cap it, Squeeze from the bottom to get it to the top of the tube. Uncap and carry on. It's no big deal to me. I just fail to understand. Sure I could see it if I decided to toss it when only half of it's gone but I don't. Enlighten me please.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Some people have OCD and it just drives them crazy not to have things a certain way. It might be little things that would not bother you or me. But to them it is a very big deal.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by silverflame]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
OHHHH I am so mad. I just called my boyfriend's cell phone and some girl answened. I know it is some joke but when I told her to give him the phone she said no. WTF I can take a joke with the rest of them but when I say give him the phone you do not argue with me. I mean really so I hung up and turned my phone off LOL. I am just going to let him sweat it for awhile. Maybe next time he will think before he lets someone else answer his phone.
Not long after I wrote this that crack head got of work because he could not get me on the cell. He came home to explain who answered the phone and why. I was like OMG he did not get off work to explain that phone call. I really love him he is so cute.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by silverflame]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silverflame

Uh oh...
Zap is in the Doghouse.
Keep that boy in check honey.

And you are gorgeous, and sweet..he'd be a fool to let you get away.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You're damn right I would be. Why do you think that I went to my boss and told him I had a problem at my apartment and ask him if I could take a little time off to run home and deal with it? And then sped home? She still can't believe I did it, but there was no way in hell I was going to risk coming home to her taking my head off and walking out because she was so pissed off.

She knows my coworker that answered, and we both thought she would recognize her voice, which is why I handed her the phone. My coworker was so upset that about making her so mad she couldn't even eat her lunch today. She kept apologizing to me, and said she'd call us tonight to apologize to her.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Oh you are a sweetheart Zap.
Time to kiss and make up.

You guys are so cute, it makes me all warm and fuzzy.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
He was so cute. I was letting him sweat it by not answering the phone and a few minutes later he came home to explain everything. I was like you are crazy. I have never had anyone do that. I still can not believe he did that. I think I will keep him lol. He was so in the hole, but after he did that he got bonus points.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of a joke, let's see if I can remember it correctly.

A lady is making some eggs for breakfast and her husband comes running into the kitchen and starts yelling "TURN THE EGGS, TURN THE EGGS, YOU GOING TO BURN THEM!" "YOU'RE ADDING TOO MUCH SALT, TOO MUCH SALT!" "YOUR SRAMBLING THE EGGS TOO MUCH, TOO MUCH!" And the lady glares at her husband and asks "What the matter with you, don't you think I know how to make eggs?" To which the husband replies "Yes but I wanted you know what it feels like when I am driving!"

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This thread proves it, women= evil!
Taking the seat off, that's just wrong on so many levels.

Roper

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ahh classic stuff women complain about...

let's put this in perspective shall we?

1. The toilet seat.
Ladies, honestly, how hard is it to put the toilet seat down before you use it?

2. The Shower Curtain Rod
Ladies, this is not a cloths line, I am afraid that it's quite annoying to see your unmentionables hung up there.

3. The Angry Red Mouse.
I really don't care what the box says, tampons are not flush-able. Tampons need to be disposed of properly, what a lady needs in a home is a bio-hazard bag, (you know the red ones?) This needs to be burned after the time of month is completed.

4. Our Area.
If your guy has a specified area, please do him the favor of not cleaning it. We indeed are creatures of habit, if you clean our area, we will be unable to find anything for quite some time. This will result in this argument...

"Honey, have you seen my (insert missing item here)"

"I put it away"

"It was put away, I always put it right here."

"Why would you put it there? That makes the whole place look bad"

"But I need it there honey, do you know where you put it?"

"I put it away."...

do you see the problem?

If you want your guy to do something..tell him once, and tell him why.

Yes, this is the key to success here ladies, tell us WHY these things must be done according to your grand design. If we know the logic behind your madness we can best accommodate you. However the reason why is not...

"Cause if you don't, you won't get any"

Sorry, this is not a reason why this is an ultimatum. Us guys frown on ultimatums.

90% of nagging can be cured simply by utilizing a "matter of fact" tone of voice. This voice combined with the directive that you ladies wish us guys to follow will result in a more beneficial response, let us take this scenario for example

(wife busy doing some household chore wishes for husband to contribute to household work)

"Get the (insert chore here) won't you?"

This is not nagging, this is a directive, if done properly in a passing manner will result in a better environment where you ladies will benefit from a less resistant response from a guy. This is how men get things done on a job. We don't sugar coat things, we don't give a person an out. We tell the other guy what needs to be done.

The "out" mistake is something that women don't realise. The "out" in the instance of a household chore is the pet name that you commonly call your significant other.

Don't say "Honey, (sweety, sugarloaf, Mother (beep) that I spent 80 hours in labor and birthed two kids for, and can't be bothered to take out the (beep) garbage once a (beep) blue moon, you lazy (beep) what the (beep) is wrong with you? or whatever you affectionately call your man) can you (insert chore here)?" as this gives us the out.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You know you all talk about not nagging any more about things that men don't do. That you shouldn't have to keep telling him to put the toilet seat down, and the trash out and such. It is like we have to do everything for you. I mean is it that hard to put the seat down when you see it up. I put it down when I got to poop. We leave it up when we pee to save a step for next time, it is how we think. We don't want to waist the motion of putting it down.

The trash. It's a chore that we have been doing since we were taller than the trash can and our parents made us take it out. So that is the reason we throw a bitch sometimes when you ask us to do that one. It is a flash back of doing something that we got stuck doing that we grown to resent and hope to pass on to our children. Other chores that fall into that category would be yard work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the garage, and other chores like that.

But this is what I am willing to do for you women. I am willing to go to the council of men and bring your complains before the board and see what we can do. I am thinking that we can come to some kind of compromise on the toilet seat one. We will put it down, permanently. We will just have to adjust our aim to a smaller target. Or maybe we can start having a two toilet system. or a toilet and a urinal. Just some ideas. What kind of system would work for you guys. I am going for the urinal system, easier to clean.

I love women

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Sorry - thought better of it.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by berenike]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Geez . . . if women weren't so bitchin' and neat and great to live with, they wouldn't be worth the trouble . . . but they are.

Therein lies the crux of the matter....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What if we pee with the toilet seat down...

Sounds like a problem solved to me

What if we keep no trash cans in the house, only outside, sounds stupid yes, will it stop your nagging, I expect God to wipe out another city before this happens.

Are we men pissed that everything is an emotional rollercoaster, yes.

As much as you may deal with anger issues due to Estrogen, so do we.

Its like living with second hand smoke. Its not as deadly as having it but it'll kill you eventually...

What I'm trying to say is cut us some slack... with all the small stuff.

I don't mind if you scream at me when I come into the house at 330 in the morning with glitter all over me... just don't bug me when I'm watching the game or watching Varsity Blues for the 78th time

[edit on 11/20/2008 by FoxStriker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join