It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

family man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
just got my monthly bills

water $400 per quarter

electricity $524 per quarter

insurance $1000.00 home and car + contents with $600 & $250 excess's

emergency services levy $90.00 (already taxed out on services tax )

car rego $700.00

morgage $400.00 pw

food $120.00

school fees $150 fornightly

+ transport petrol etc etc

wtf ppl anyone else drowning in dept

suicide seems comforting I just wish it won't be real messy and my kids see the mess

pathetic

really so sad ...

[edit on 9/10/08 by ROO-meh]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's getting tough and they're saying it is only going to get worse. I make $10.78 an hour and pay $300 rent a month to live in a house with four other people. I've got health insurance through work, but the way things are going, I'm very worried about getting laid off.

My emergency plan would be to rent a storage unit and live in there.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I moved to my current place with some money saved up, its been 10 months now and I've worked 2 temp jobs out of the whole time making at most $8/hr.
Bills aint gonna wait but there is just absolutely no work here period, think I'm going to stash my stuff and get some wilderness survival books soon.
To OP, don't let money get to ya man, Its just money afterall and from the looks of it, it will be at a loss for us all unless you work for AIG, nothing is ever worth taking you're kid's parent away.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ROO-meh

suicide isn't the answer to it I guess......maybe better to find a way to lower your costst........

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I thought I was doing the right thing ...
sunday school
right from wrong
a bedroom for each child
a back yard to play in
a better education private school
a family wagon
a bicycle and a back yard swing

just wanna live

evil surrounds... god so far away

strength to whoever reads this

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Its not about you or anyone else. I try my best to help as many people as possable and its got me kicked out of highschool in 11th grade, locked up for 11-29 and then booted out of Tech School while I was taking classes to be a network systems admin (on a funny note, I would of been working for Bank of America lol)
But I took up for people who could not do it themselfs, getting myself in trouble in the process and royally screwed over.
If worse comes to worse, don't look at it as you lose your house and land, just make the best of what you got and make an adventure out of it, thats what I had to do when I was behind bars, if I constantly thought about it, I would not be here.
Before anyone even considers taking there own life, think about afterwards what you're wife and kids are going to go through, do you really want to be that selfish?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ROO-meh

HI
Its makes me sad to read your post.
But no amount of monetary debt is worth suicide. Your family is important.
Get rid of everthing that you pay that is not either food, fuel, or keeping the roof over your head.
If you cant afford all the bill pay abit.
Cut your food shop down to bear minimum and forgo any luxury items.
Dont let your kids ask for luxury items due to peer pressure.

Remember.... they cant kill you.... times are hard.... but not being able to pay bills is not a sign of failure...it is a sign of the times.

My grandma made it through the war....bringing up 3 girls,,,,, with her husband at war. She darned her clothes and sold things from her garden to survive. People baked and used left overs for food.

So believe me...... unless you are already living like my gran above....
You can keep going.

God Bless.

xxx

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I see you quote the Bible in your signature, I've got another for you.

'Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.'

~Ephesians 6:11-13

Now I don't normally quote the Bible that much, but I've been thinking about that verse a lot lately.

These dark times will require you to dig deep and find a strength you never knew you had - but it's in there, and you'll find it. The welfare of your family depends on it. Now is not a time for giving up.

Here's a short video clip I sometimes listen to for inspiration. It's a Charlie Chaplin speech from his film The Great Dictator.

au.youtube.com...

Anyway, I'm actually not a religious person, but I know positive thinking goes a long way. I'll be sending some positive vibes your way - just know that no one here wants you to consider giving up, no matter the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ROO-meh

ROO-meh ... you're not going to kill yourself so I won't belabour that point.

It's tough and will get tons tougher when your kids are in high-school.

Where do you live ... city suburb ?

Have you investigated small rural towns, or even larger rural towns ?

Schools in the country don't have the same problems as city schools. So right there you could save by sending your kids to a State school.

In the country, you get a big piece of land for kids to play in.

Real estate is far cheaper

Land to grow veggies, keep chickens

Not the same petrol and transport costs .. usually can get from one end of a country town to the other in ten minutes

Why not investigate Wagga Wagga, for example ? Lots of industry and more coming ... so there's work. It has everything, plus clean air. Lots of sporting facilities for the kids. Nice community feel. Was there a few months ago and was amazed. Clean as .. huge modern shopping centre .. art galleries .. lovely parks and gardens .. old fashioned values.

There are other rural towns which are crying out for people .. can't remember the name of the town (it was on one of the current affairs shows in Oz last week) but they were offering houses for a dollar a week rent for a year or maybe more, to try to get people to move there permanently.

Keep your chin up .. we work to live and live to work, most of us. And as they say, if you die with more than ten cents to your name, it's a waste.

You're doing well .. you sound a great parent and citizen. Hope something good comes your way soon

Good luck

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Suicide is for cowards and quitters who want the easy way out. You don't sound like one of them so fight and be strong when your family needs you. People truly find their selfs in the darkest hours of their life and come out stronger than ever. Don't ever give up ROO-meh. Your kids need you in hard times the most and without you they might just give up too. Good luck and Godspeed for you and your family.

top topics

join