It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC National Debt Clock runs out of digits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

NYC National Debt Clock runs out of digits

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

NEW YORK: In a sign of the times, the National Debt Clock in New York City has run out of digits to record the growing figure.

As a short-term fix, the digital dollar sign on the billboard-style clock near Times Square has been switched to a figure the "1: in $10tn. It's marking the federal government's current debt at about $10.2tn.

The Durst Organization says it plans to update the sign next year by adding two digits. That will make it capable of tracking debt up to a quadrillion dollars.

The late Manhattan real estate developer Seymour Durst put the sign up in 1989 to call attention to what was then a $2.7tn debt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
"The late Manhattan real estate developer Seymour Durst put the sign up in 1989 to call attention to what was then a $2.7tn debt."

I think AMREO is real for sure...What you guys think?I think lot of prediction also coming true about nesty oct

I think iraq war also played a big role in this messup

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I can only wonder when the "fiscally conservative" members of the Republican party are finally going to wake up to the FACT that Reaganomics, trickle-down, and supply-side economics are complete and utter farces and that these ideas have bankrupt our country.

Going into the millennium America had all the potential to fulfill its manifest destiny of becoming the shining beacon of hope and prosperity for the rest of the world to follow. It is a shame that nearly half our population allowed an intellectual simpleton like Bush to reduce our once great country to a shell of its former self. One can only hope that over the next 20 years or so we can fix the damage that he as done and restore America to her once held position as the worlds economic and moral leader.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

no ways is america needed as moral or military leader ,it cuases imperialism ...

USA has to sink and China /india or Russia will have to become top dog , most probably China will be economic top dog , while Russia will be military top dog

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

no ways is america needed as moral or military leader ,it cuases imperialism ...

USA has to sink and China /india or Russia will have to become top dog , most probably China will be economic top dog , while Russia will be military top dog

First off, I said nothing of America being a military leader, but, since you brought that up I will address it. America spends more on defense than all of the other countries in the world combined. This is one of the reasons that we have such an enormous debt. You would be a fool to believe that any country, even China, will ever surpass the US in military technology, especially given that we are at least 20 years ahead of any country in the world. The technologies that Russia employs in its military are all copycats taken from of American ingenuity. On a side note, a war between any of the worlds three superpowers (America, Russian, and China), would be the death of us all in a matter of hours. For this reason doubt/hope it will never occur.

As far as your position that the world does not need America to regain her strength as a moral beacon for the rest of the world to follow, I have this to comment. China is still ran by oppressive leaders who are at best creating a police state where every man, woman, and child is watched and monitored on a daily basis. Anyone who steps out of line by expressing/protesting their distrust of, or dislike for. their government, is still being black-bagged in the middle of the night. Russia on the other hand is slowly seeing the democracy it recently created wither back into its communistic state.

I will agree with you that the last eight years under Bush and Cheney have horribly discredited America's position in the world. I will agree that Bush, Cheney, and their Neo-Con followers/handlers have been quite imperialistic in their approaches of governance and diplomacy. Their ideas of a single world superpower who dictates to the rest of the world has been inexcusable and I apologize that so many of my fellow Americans were duped into blindly following them for so many years. However, America is needed as a beacon of hope and morality for the rest of the world to follow, for, if we don't, once again, step up to this plate, who will?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We have no room to step up to the plate. Some people are too fat and gluttonous to ever possibly make it out of their chair to anything but a dinner plate, and most people don't wanna be looked at as extreme or weird or overly political because "that's leik sooo annoying."

I want nobody under any gflag or banner stepping up to the plate.

I want humans in general all over the world (there sure is #ing enough of them) to tire of oppression and start standing up in droves and stepping up to the plate together to swarm these #ing super-rich imerialistic #wads.

Will that happen? If it hasn't happened already, well... I guess there's no tea party this time... just Imperialism winning without a fight because people no longer have any fight left in them, after fighting to earn a living ad nauseum.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The technologies that Russia employs in its military are all copycats taken from of American ingenuity. On a side note, a war between any of the worlds three superpowers (America, Russian, and China), would be the death of us all in a matter of hours. For this reason doubt/hope it will never occur.

this is pure crap ....

russians had high energy military lasers before USA, anti ship supersonic cruise missiles , hypersonic longe range cruise missiles like kh-90 and supercavitating torpedos like shkval , heavy ERA ,composite armor etc..

many of military advancements came from Russia
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Interesting read, I guess I misspoke. I was primarily referring to how the Russians copied/stole our nuclear bomb program in its early stages and how they have copied our stealth and drone technologies. I did not mean to knock their military prowess, only to illustrate that no country will ever surpass our technologies as a whole, which is still my opinion. However, this is all a moot point. Any war between nuclear superpowers would quickly escalate from that of a conventional war, to a nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
the extent of symbolism here is astonishing.

The debt clock runs out of digits,
America has run out of room to move.

top topics

join