It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy is dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have just watched a clip from 'Network' and although the film is 30 years old, I cannot help but feel that the alarm bells sounded by Howard Beal have echoed across the decades in to a deafening knell...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
please fix the link

thanks

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Try this link

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by room101

Hmmm.. cant seem to get youtube link to work so try this link

www.dailymotion.com...

HTH.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here you go:

I first saw part of this movie in the first Zeitgeist movie and felt compelled to track it down.

Thanks for linking to one of the greatest scene in the movie.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hey the SEANIX , you did it with the super 16 bit .

THANKS GUZ , I AM HONORED to have helped out as a young man . I wanna sell it in Halton , thats MY JAZZ and my retirement fund I will contact edmonton and play dumb but thats MY TURF and only there .

Cool , you said even if doplar wasnt paid you would release it to the inuit and libraries , I LIKE !

Anyhow now its the 10 pizza boxes and 10 baby sasku battle for 100 250 piper cub and 100 200 foot X wing . No baby zwing 100 or baby piper cub 150 , 250 piper and 200 x wing thanks this gear if fer big boyz ONLY . Charge card with the 300 small sasku 16 bit engines and 200 large 16 bit sasku engines fer the super RJ light bomber with 16 250's silver tipped and guys , with the super RJ's and regular RJs and the saku engines you have to let the 16 bit kodack sink fer 3 dayz with the sasku kodack 16 human to alien and let it tine properly and fan test bafore launch and Tip the wingts ( points at wings ) and glass and tune the gear she will do 50 000 mph and sing . Remember the halton region is my truf for SEANIX and 16 bit laptops ok ?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by jokerdazey2]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When he says, " Their are no nations " and then says, " Your nations are IBM, ITT, AT&T, Union Carbide, Exxon ". Ralph Nader would agree to disagree.
How well does that hit home today? The end where there is a world with no need, where boredom is amused, and every man is a shareholder.

A mixed message to be sure. Further watching of his other videos on youtube carry an additional perspective. The brainwashing of America through the TV, and our lack of reading books. Yet I find it interesting, that the nation that did not read , has become the birth of the information age.

A balance to be sure. The dehumanizing of mankind, or the unification of humanity. Does unification lead to the death of democracy, or does individuality and singularity keep it alive? Just what is opinion as a people versus a people of a like mind?

Is democracy the method we use to achieve altruism, or is it the single largest obstacle?

Peace

[edit on 11-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thanks for making a good link there Conspiracynut23. Somehow I just can't make links work, anyway Cheers Mate!

top topics

join