It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army alert #london#

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I live in Saskatchewan Canada and I saw about 20 US army vehicles pass by my place of work. They were heading North.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Joint Warrior

October 6th - 16th.

England Wales & Scotland. (Whole UK )

RAF - 90 planes flying 100 missions a day.

LIVE fire from planes , subs , ships and troops.

Also practising against "State sponsored Terrorist attack"

Funny how they list mass poisoning at the top of thier list - it normally starts off with dirty bomb etc .. !

Russia is also playing with their toys close to UK ( and firing cruise missiles first time in 20 yrs )

Ok, I do not want to sound anything near fear-mongering, BUT every-single-time I hear that a "military exercise" is being performed I feel like we should prepare for EXACTLY that situation (being "exercised").
9/11 anyone?
7/7 anyone?

Even if the excrement doesn't hit the fan, (ie.: no false flag comes out of it), there's probably a good reason why they are TRAINING for that, right?

Be it they are expecting
Be it they are conditioning people

No matter how I look at it, it doesn't bode well IMHO.

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

Originally posted by mattguy404
UK banks have bee partially nationalized to bring some stability to the system.

If there is no civil unrest, there is no need for the army to enforce the law.

I remember a few years ago seeing a convoy of army trucks driving through where I live in Australia and I didn't think anymore of it - I'm sure it's normal.

The last thing anyone needs to do is panic when there's normal things happening.

I told you already, this is not NORMAL! I have to go now, late for work.. I'll get more info off my brother, and catch up with you guys later.. Good luck

This guys never listens I wouldn't even bother talking to him, but I would like to see a convoy of army trucks, I rarely get to pay my respects to the fighters of the country, even though their orders maybe misguided they still get on with theirs jobs.

God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

I think it was "operation drive by the mothers house of that guy with the annoying avatar"

Truely I hate that avatar, it just reminds me of some chavvy kid I need to punch square in the face, please please change it!! I implore you!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Picture little old new zealand. Population 4 million.

We barely have a millitary or anything of that nature, so we rarely see army truck convoys (good old merc UNIMOGs). When I see one with 10-20 trucks I don't get up in arms about it.. they randomly drive around doing exercises or aid or helping with stuff.. that's what armies do as well as fight. I wouldn't worry about it..

In saying that - who knows in these times. I'd say chances are it's nothing, but make what you want of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just thought I would throw this into the discusion.
There appears to be some unrest brewing over the bank bailout.
Not sure how big?
Not sure if these trucks are headed there?
But If there is a protest on the bank of England you can be sure the big stick will be on display.
[url=http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/march-on-bank-of-england-friday/]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well I'm totally baffled. I'm still close to all my buddies who are in the military, and they're not clued up on this. It is odd, but yeah, they could just be on exercise. I know, I had to do Med Cover for plenty of them days in a row (after I conned my Warrant Officer to give me a 4 day weekend in return, hahaha
)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post this but as there's an appropriate thread I may as well... no big conspiracy just saying what I saw.

I work in London and have for over 10 years, last week there was a massive police presence in town (cant remember which day). When I came out of the tube station (Embankment) in the morning there were three cops with MP5 Machine guns at the exit. As I walked to work and past two other train stations there were also cops there. As you may know our police dont carry guns apart from special units so seeing them on the streets is very rare and the only time I've ever seen them before in these numbers were the days following 7/7. I'm almost 100% sure there was a threat to London last week that was kept secret.

Anyone notice this last week? in and around Embankment/Trafalgar Square?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

OH NO!! this is it , run for the hills guys Martial law is about to commence!!! the army are driving through London....Just like they have done thousands of times when they have to get from A. to B... guess thats the world of the paranoid

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Very Very strange...

Here in the US, there have been reports for the last couple weeks that GWB is deploying a division of the US Armed Forces (Not National Guard) on US soil...

With this FInacial crises on both sides of the pond, could we see a simotanoious power grab?

A division is so insignificant nationally, that its like saying the queen ant is deploying 1 warrior ant to the bottom of the ant pile.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

That's what ANZAC is for
We can send our 1 helicopter with our 14 men in it over to help.

Yay for countries with huge amounts of land and no population!

On topic though, it's london. Capital Cities tend to have military personnel based in or around them. Stress less. Watch the economy for threats to your nation, not your streets.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

This thred just mad something clikc in my swede -

My mate travels on a train to work in cardiff every day from the valleys.
he's noticed a worrying increase in tannoy announcements asking passangers to be wary of suspicious packages and such.

This is the valleys for gods sake, Al Qaieda would fit right in with some of the headcases around here.

Seriously folks, if youv'e got a half decent sickness plan at work, consider taking a few months off. If things blow over then all well and good you had a break fom the Job but the boss will be pissed at you, what's new? If the crap hits the fan then you may well be a little safer and nearer your loved ones which is more important than any boss.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Sorry about the spelling just noticed, was rushing, and if this is not a two line post

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Probably just training exercise.....
Live on north coast from Sydney, been seeing Army fly planes over for months now ,into the Hawksbury region...not normal, but supposedly training!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
reply to post by Sator

I think it was "operation drive by the mothers house of that guy with the annoying avatar"

Truely I hate that avatar, it just reminds me of some chavvy kid I need to punch square in the face, please please change it!! I implore you!

His Mother is also my Mother and believe me if she said she saw it then she did. Plus she doesn't scare easily and this did scare her, enough for her to ring us. So if you live in London i suggest you get ready! For what i don't know.

His avatar? What about yours? That Anime chic looks ridiculous! At least his is a bit more imaginative. Oh and if i were you i wouldn't go around punching chavi kids in the face they might have a bigger brother. Plus you'll end up in prison!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bekonabroom

Sydney, Australia is where I am originally from. Have lots of family around there. Lost contact with many of them over the years. I do have family in the military in NSW. Although I believe my uncle has retired by now. Also family in New Zealand and in Switzerland. Many of my friends are in the States, but also spread across Europe and Britain.

I can imagine with everything that is going on and the possibility of war, military would be preparing and training. I think we should still keep our ears and eyes open because anything can happen at the drop of a hat. Been pretty quiet here. I did take a drive into Lloydminster today on Hwy 16 and happened to pass a lowbed truck hauling a brand new army tank heading east. This is not unusual. Every now and then we see equipment and convoys going east and west. The one notable difference this year is that I have seen military movement more than usual. Normally it has been only twice a year. Once going east for training exercises and then the convoy heads back west. I have seen them four times this year. Only once have a seen a military chopper around here this year. Again, nothing unusual. But I am keeping an eye on things just the same. No low flying jets or unusual jet activity.

I can see how easily it can be to panick right now with all that's going on. I have my moments where I wonder if I should make my move and get out of here. I just want to wish everyone well. Hang in there. I think it is a good idea to keep posting what we see and hear. I've been appreciating it.
ATS rocks!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just to add to this thread,(Not read through all of it yet)

I Also live in London (UK) and i have noticed quiet a few Militery aircraft over the last few days, today i seen what i think was a B52, Been more Activity that i normaly see here,

[edit on 9-10-2008 by asala]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
funny thing about timing. there is always planning, preparation and positioning. seems to be an increase in military joint exercises in us but people still say it's normal.

nonetheless, keep your eyes open and i pray for your safety and that of your family.

i, for one, don't believe it's normal.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about guys. If anything happens, they will be taking out Brown and cronies, thanks for the body armour guys!

The military will never turn on the people in Britain, they are the people the union also.

All summer I have watched gunships patroling over my house, but was more interested in someone joyriding in a learjet

As for false flag, that is the only thing I would be worried about.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

Come on now there's nothing wrong with both avatars.

Kind of childish don't you guys think? lol Forget about avatars for now

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join