It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Championship Series Throwdown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Being that I'm new, I searched everywhere, and honestly could not find anything on baseball, let alone the post-season.

Q: Anywho, who's gunna take the cake from both leagues and in how many games?

American League:
I say the Red Sox in seven games. It's going to be a nail-biter. The Rays are a Cinderella-story-team. I think they'll give us a run for our money, and make the Sox work at winning the series. In the end, I just think our experience will be the difference. The Rays have a nice young ball-club, and they did have the winning regular-season record against Boston (10-8), but in the end, the team with experience will come-through.

National League:
I say the Dodgers in five games. I'll give the Phillies one game, and that's only because I really cannot see the Dodgers sweeping the series. All season everyone talked about how it would be a real joy to see Manny back in Boston, but that's not why I picked them, but I'll save that for the World Series thread

post away!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Don't panic, but, this is going to be moved. I want to introduce you to Below Top Secret which is for the less incredible side of our members.

Check it!

And kinda on topic, I wasn't so worried about the economy, UFOs on the 14th or the War on Terror for a while.

Because both the Cubbies and the White Sox went to post-season. I was picturing a cross-town World Series as the world ended around us! Luckily, they both sucked on schedule and the world lives on.

Welcome to ATS,
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oh, yea, that's great. I LOVE that site even more. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I flagged your thread before it goes to BTS....

I say....Sox in 5. Being a lifelong Red Sox fan!

I don't think the kids from Tampa are quite ready for the big show, but give them kudos for doing what they did this year! From Worst, to First! Reminds me of the 68 Red Sox!

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
game two i blame Terry francona for bring out josh beckett in inning 5

it seems some people don't understand that beckett is good in the playoff's when HE IS HEALTHY and 100%

if the first game vs. anaheim didn't prove this to tito the first 4 innings vs. devil rays should have. bringing him out in the bottom of the fifth (so he could get the win? was the dumbest move in a long time. I can't really fault him for bringing in timlin who is god-awful or J. Lopez who just happens to let all inhereted runners score but the beckett move is in-excusable to me considering his lack of arm strenght and effectiveness over the last few starts combined with his injury healing. utter stupidity.

Also i hope the sox SACK varitek next year and i think they will. The man can't hit and the man can't throw out runners to save his life. Sure they say he call's a "good game" but c'mon we can find someone else to call a good game and maybe hit over 240. for less than 10 million.

Youk, and Pedroia are studs who show up in the big game, and Jason Bay is right there as well, and how could i forget Dick K who is most comfortable after he gives up a hit and two walks then decides to shut every batter down.

Game 3 is looking very bad, lester ran into a hot J. Upton and left two balls over the plate (longoria and upton's hr's) and D. Ortiz looks pretty sorry up at the plate, between his injury's and the way he takes care of his body he could be a big wild card going forward.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Seems the Sox are having problems with those pesky Rays!

I thought that they would win in 5....but not so!

Let's hope that they can make a comeback like they did in 04 and 07!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Dodgers choked...

Im sad...

Still a good season... hopefullt the keep Manny

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
GO PHILS!

Here's hoping to at least one championship coming back to Philly this year!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Boston's heart isn't in it. Simple as that.

It's frustrating, but it happens. Seems like the fans want it more than the players. Looks like they're not even trying out there, for Goodness-sake :bnghd:

HOWEVER, if by any chance they do come-back, then I have no doubt they will take it all. With that momentum, they should be fired-up enough to take-on Phillie with ease. Same story as last year, if this series goes 7 games, and the Sox win, bottom line, the Phillies have time to cool-off and the Sox will be playing enough to charge-into the W.S with a winning streak, strength and determination.

If the Sox win the ALCS (which even I'm not expecting to happen), but if they do, then there is no doubt that they will gain confidence enough to go all the way and come-out on-top once again.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, all I can say is....

The Boston Red Sox never....EVER cease to amaze me!!

Down 7-0 in the 7th inning!

I believe this is the momentum they need to have yet another championship year!

GO SOX!!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
GO PHILS!

Here's hoping to at least one championship coming back to Philly this year!

Well, I'm going to tell you this....

You had better hope that you face the the Rays in the Series because if you play the Sox, you don't have a chance!

I'm not talking crap yet....we still have a lot of work to do with the Rays..

But...just sayin'!!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

A phillies fan and a republican, you're like the anti SDog.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sox are still hanging in, in typical Sox fashion. Hopefully Beckett can figure things out and get it to a game 7.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
BoSox had no buisness in that game...

down 7-0 in the 7th inning...

The baseball gods surely played a had in this outcome.

Kazmir was unhitable for most of the game.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Sox are still hanging in, in typical Sox fashion. Hopefully Beckett can figure things out and get it to a game 7.

Well, now we know how Beckett did. Not real good if you ask me...but the Sox came out with the win!

Game 7 tonight is going to be a nail biter for sure. I'm going to have to give it to the Sox though to win because of experience in the post season. If not, I will come here and congratulate the Rays for a job well done.

Rays fans have nothing to be ashamed of at all if they lose. What a great season for those kids.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This is painful......but.....

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well, we all have to have our opposites, but it's all in good fun.

And for the record, I'm a Conservative first. I've been distancing myself from Republican for the better part of a decade now.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

How are you gonna manage losing two "series" in the same week?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The same way I manage all of my devastating losses...

Alcohol!

Trust me, as a "real" conservative and a Philly sports fan, I'm used to it!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
The same way I manage all of my devastating losses...

Alcohol!

I know what you mean.
I'm a Mets, Jets, Knicks, and Rangers fan. :w:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join