It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia calls for "new world order" relating to events this week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is what started to snowball on 10/7/2008......

"The Russian president, Dmitry Medvedev, has called on European leaders to create a new world order that minimises the role of the US."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I can tell you a Chinese-Russian lead world isn't any better. Medvedev saying that is like the pot calling the kettle black as the saying goes.

I have a novel idea for the so-called leaders of the world...how about nobody tries to impose their will upon others? How about we all just live and let live and work together to try to solve our problems as human beings?

Are petty things such as ethnicity, religion, political ideology, etc. so hard to over come for the greater good?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Looks like the U.S. is experiencing the proverbial 'kick 'em while they're down' treatment from its 'potential' enemies now that its, I say designed, economic downturn is becoming apparent.
From the OP's link
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Russia has also mended fences with Germany, concluding a new bilateral energy deal and winning assurances from Angela Merkel, the chancellor, that Berlin would not support granting Georgia or Ukraine Nato candidate status when the alliance meets in December.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

An interdependent Energy agreement with the main rival to the alliance in Eurasia is a strange way for a key Nato member to behave, might be someone's analysis.

Drive that wedge Medvedev, just remember 'ol Cheney's probably just salivating to get back in the PEOC again before he leaves.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

[edit on 8-10-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingAround
This is what started to snowball on 10/7/2008......

"The Russian president, Dmitry Medvedev, has called on European leaders to create a new world order that minimises the role of the US."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Well, I think the worst part about this is, the European leaders will most likely buy into his notion. More and more countries every day are disliking what the US government has done. So....

Russia is now a stable country able to back up what it says. And with "a little help from their friends", could make life really difficult for the US.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad Max

I wish I could give you 700 billion stars.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Breaking news:

MURMANSK, Russia (Reuters) - Russia for the first time test-launched a strategic missile to the equatorial part of the Pacific Ocean on Saturday, a navy spokesman said.

The spokesman said a Sineva missile had been launched from the nuclear-powered submarine Tula in the Arctic Barents Sea in the course of military exercises observed by President Dmitry Medvedev.

"For the first time in the history of the Russian navy, the target of the missile was in an equatorial part of the Pacific Ocean rather than the Kura testing ground on the Kamchatka Peninsula," he said.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingAround
Breaking news:

MURMANSK, Russia (Reuters) - Russia for the first time test-launched a strategic missile to the equatorial part of the Pacific Ocean on Saturday, a navy spokesman said.

"For the first time in the history of the Russian navy, the target of the missile was in an equatorial part of the Pacific Ocean rather than the Kura testing ground on the Kamchatka Peninsula," he said.
news.yahoo.com...

The test was an embarrassing fiasco. The missile completely changed its trajectory programmed to hit the intended target:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I think you got it

new topics

top topics

join