It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-Made God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Are some Christians guilty of turning the Devil into a God?

Lets,look at the evidence.

In Judaism there is no devil concept.There is an Angel who's title is,ha-satan.He works for God,he is the divine court's chief prosecutor.

Some Christians have tried hard to make people believe that the Serpent in the Garden of Eden was the Devil,but ask any Jew,and they'll tell you different.The Christian image of Satan does not appear in the OT.

But he does in the NT.

One way to look at this collection of books,is as a fight between Jesus/Good and Satan/Evil.Without this negative force of the Devil,the positive force of Jesus would have nothing to fight.Every hero needs a villain.

As time moved on,the powers of the Devil grew.He seemed to be everywhere,spreading evil and sin.Slowly,he became a total different being to the one that 1st appears in the OT.

From what we know of Angels,there powers are limited and some have different powers than others.The Satan was one such Angel.

But now?

Now he is Omnipresent.He is everywhere.Apart from Heaven,he can be wherever God is.His influence can reach just as far as God's.

He is Omniscient.When it comes to us humans,he knows what God knows and he uses it to lead us into sin.Nothing is a secret to him,he knows a heart's desires,just as God does.

He has Omnipotence,or at least a form of it as he has great power and authority.He also has some powers of creation,as there are all kinds of monsterous creatures that exist,and not just in this world.He has armies and legions at his beck and call,and he can morph back into an Angel of Light.

Before he worked for God and bowed to his will.Now he answers to no one but himself.

These changes have made an Angel a God,and a false God at that!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the post ,I totally agree with you ,I would actually call what most professing Christians believe 'Satan' worship. I really think Christians need to check themselves see how much time they spend talking and worrying about the Devil vs how much actual attention they give to Christ. Just a little story from my own experience,a few years ago my brother and his eighteen year old daughter and I were staying with my mother who was recovering from a broken hip. Now my brother is one of those literal bible ,no dinosaurs no evolution pentecostal speaking in tongues go to church at least three times a week pray several times a day kinda Christians ,so is his daughter my mom is a devout believer ,NeoCon Republican conservative and I 'm an atheist who loves freedom and the planet in general,So after a week or so I had been noticing my niece being restless at night , I finally asked what's going on with you and she said she had been having bad dreams and she was afraid she was under demonic attack! SOOO.. I said why ? Isn't that why you go to church so much and follow all the Lords commandments and pray all the time? My point is they just pray themselves to paranoia after awhile . I just ended up by giving her my opinion,which is if you do all that praying and submitting and you still feel like the Devil is out to get you maybe you're just thinking about the Devil to much

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This is totally not worthy of a good thread.

1. Satan doesn't know what god does. He knows what God allows him. God himselkf said so, and 1,000s of saints God himself told this to.

2. Satan can only do what God allows and wills. He can't harm beyond what is allowed. Take Job for instance. God allowed satan to make Job suffer beyond measure to see if Job would curse God or complain.

3. Satan is mentioned a ton of times in the OT, the jews own scriptures and he is mentioned as waring with the saints until the end of time.

4. Jesus said even the devils believe and are fearful, and that Satan was not to tempt his God on the mountain, so they are far below God.

He is limited in his attacks and if he had Gods power we would all be roasted to death because he would have free will to harm us as he will, but God doesn't allow that to happen.

peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sure JesuIsTruth, but are you saying you have never heard of this kind of Christianity that I'm speaking of ? Because I can guarantee,that you can tune in to almost any Christian programing on TV and get a big dose of it ,there is also a whole lot of do called Christian bands and whatnot that seem to focus on Satan almost to the exclusion of the Message of Christ,I personally think it's a huge failing of todays church . I don't believe in any Satan or Christ but I do believe that what you fill your head with is what comes out of you and I personally don't care for what these Satanistic Christians give out ,I know what you're saying and I know what it says in the bible which is why I don't understand what all this deification of Satan is all about . I agree with the OP though,I think they're off message and need to rethink what they worship and believe in. I know actual Satan worshipers that are more grounded and more compassionate than some of these confused Christians. I say this because you should see the crazy hate filled stuff that my brother and his wife send me as emails all the time ! All kinds strange irrational political stuff everything is about abortion and gays and then at the end of it all of a little animated gif angel gives me a big smile or a little kitty cat gif smells a flower !just wow!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
invisiblewoman

I really think Christians need to check themselves see how much time they spend talking and worrying about the Devil vs how much actual attention they give to Christ.

Some sure do.
In their zeal for controlling the masses,condemning people,spewing venom at those who are 'sinners' and generally trying to make everyone believe they're right;they forget the most important thing of all.

I say this because you should see the crazy hate filled stuff that my brother and his wife send me as emails all the time ! All kinds strange irrational political stuff everything is about abortion and gays and then at the end of it all of a little animated gif angel gives me a big smile or a little kitty cat gif smells a flower !just wow!

Thats whats scary.
Jesus taught with compassion,he did not hurl abuse at people and he did no violence to people because of their sins,as some more 'conservative' Christians do.When he talked about sinners,there was no anger and there was no hate.

Some Christians today are so far from Jesus,and the fact that they don't even realize it,is almost funny.

JesusisTruth

This is totally not worthy of a good thread.

The quest for knowledge and understanding is always worthy,my friend.

Satan doesn't know what god does. He knows what God allows him. God himself said so, and 1,000s of saints God himself told this to.

Jesus said that evil comes from within.If that is true,then the Devil must know what God knows about us.

Satan can only do what God allows and wills. He can't harm beyond what is allowed. Take Job for instance. God allowed satan to make Job suffer beyond measure to see if Job would curse God or complain.

So isn't it possible then that Satan works for God still?
If he has free will then he can do as he chooses.If God interferes then he doesn't have free will.

Satan is mentioned a ton of times in the OT, the jews own scriptures and he is mentioned as waring with the saints until the end of time.

Ha-Satan is mentioned.Christians have tried to work the Devil concept into some OT versus,which shows a lack of respect and understanding to the Jewish faith.

Jesus said even the devils believe and are fearful, and that Satan was not to tempt his God on the mountain, so they are far below God.

And even the Devil would know who Jesus was,so the temptation is nothing more than a test.The kind every hero has to go through.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well I'm not condemning the Christianity per se I'm just taking the original post and asking at what point is it no longer Christianity ? I went to a 'church service' with them once ,it was this pentecostal type non denominational thing ,with a lot of singing and witnessing but oddly not one word of scripture ? They were literally making things up as they went along ummm... I didn't know what the heck they where worshiping when it was all said and done

new topics

top topics

join