It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radios(boom boxes, antennas) and human interaction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hey I was wondering if someone could answer this question.

When I'm at work, I have a boom box radio, and the antennas broken so it doesn't work so well, but when I move closer and further away from it the signal gets better and worse.

Any reason why that happens?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The body emits a field which at least to some degree may curve/alter energies around it. In a sense you posess attributes the antennae holds maybe? I think all of us have experienced things like it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That is easy . You become the antenna .

Ama

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Weird. So I guess if we tuned our brains to recieve RF / XM / Cellular Frequencies we could pick it all up?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

yes, sorry for a one liner, but there is nothing else to say, this is correct.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealYoda7

Imagine if we could see/hear in full spectrum.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Yeah, Ultra Violet, hearing Wireless Internet signals, RF/XM/Cellular, anything on higher frequencies.

That would be H E L L

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It has to do with the radius of the earth combined with the centrensic forces of the radio waves in conjunction with the miscombobulated direction of molecules between the masteoface of the antennae matrix. If you stand 42.572^10 micromillimeters from the base of the intrinsic resonater of the device while on the tropic of Cancer than you will dissappear completely. JK

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Wow...........

Centrensic? I'm going to wiki that.

edit:

And it is apparently not a word.

I don't want to know how many other words are not real.

I know miscombobulated isnt.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by TheRealYoda7]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The changing distance between you and the boom box wouldn't account for the change in the quality of reception. You need to touch the base of the broken antenna to register an improvement. If you still have a TV antenna, you can experiment and find out that standing closer to your TV doesn't make weaker signal stronger.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh no.

I walk away the signal goes bad. I walk closer it gets better.

No lie. trust me. I walked back and forth for 5 minutes doing it. Got my colleague to come up and test it out, did the same the for him. It's weird, and it is doing that.

So, you'll need to retire your explanation I believe the others we're a bit more on track.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
The body emits a field which at least to some degree may curve/alter energies around it. In a sense you posess attributes the antennae holds maybe? I think all of us have experienced things like it.

This happens to me all the time at work too. I notice also, that other people

So I did an experiment with another cook and the hostess. The hostess is cute and she's real lively so I thought she would have a larger aura than the lazy cook who cant keep up with me.

So as I foresaw, the radio was full of static next to the lively blonde, yet crystal clear next to dude.

Im not always that lively, but I do practice on expanding my ch'i.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealYoda7
reply to post by stander

Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh no.

I walk away the signal goes bad. I walk closer it gets better.

No lie. trust me. I walked back and forth for 5 minutes doing it. Got my colleague to come up and test it out, did the same the for him. It's weird, and it is doing that.

So, you'll need to retire your explanation I believe the others we're a bit more on track.

I didn't say that you were lying. What I said was that the same thing woudn't work with your TV. It doesn't work with my radio. If that what you observe were easily explainable, you wouldn't post your question asking around.

There is something else behind it, but I can't tell you, 'cause you would get scared.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

The changing distance between you and the boom box wouldn't account for the change in the quality of reception. You need to touch the base of the broken antenna to register an improvement. If you still have a TV antenna, you can experiment and find out that standing closer to your TV doesn't make weaker signal stronger.

well i don't know how it work but you are wrong. i have a radio with a broken antenna, and i can tell you with perfect 100% unfaailing certainty, that i do not have to be touching said radio in order to make it come in better. i set it by my bed while studying, and if i get up to do something it gets worse as i go further away, and when i get closer it comes in better. i am trying it right now(just a minute ago, it's by my computer) and i can tell you for a fact it get worse or better depending on my position...i would think the computer tower would help it some, but that doesn't seem to affect anything...i can take it to the other side of the room and the reception is not worse or better than when the computer is closer...but when i walk away it gets worse, and when i come to within 3 and 1/2 foot of it, it gets better and better as i get closer. once again, i don't know how it's possible, but you are incorrect, i don't have to touch it to make it better, get a radio and try it if u don't believe me.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
We all get bombarded with all kinds of radio frequencies and signals 24 / 7.
Your body attracts these signals which are then deflected to the nub of the antenna as you approach your radio.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

well i don't know how it work but you are wrong. i have a radio with a broken antenna, and i can tell you with perfect 100% unfaailing certainty, that i do not have to be touching said radio in order to make it come in better. i set it by my bed while studying, and if i get up to do something it gets worse as i go further away, and when i get closer it comes in better.

Why don't you switch from AM to FM or vice versa and see if there is any difference when the distance between you and the radio changes?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

because i don't listen to AM, because that is not specificaly what we were talking about. all i said was that you were wrong, and you still are. i only listen to FM, i don't know what happens on AM, i assume nothing since you are so adament about it, but what does that have to do with our origional arguement, the OP is not talking about AM, no one was talking about AM, only you are talking about Am. we are talking about how the body's proxemity to the radion can change how well it comes in, you said it wouldn't and that one must be touching the base of the antenna, which is not true. that's all i said.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
reply to post by stander

because i don't listen to AM, because that is not specificaly what we were talking about. all i said was that you were wrong, and you still are. i only listen to FM, i don't know what happens on AM, i assume nothing since you are so adament about it, but what does that have to do with our origional arguement, the OP is not talking about AM, no one was talking about AM, only you are talking about Am. we are talking about how the body's proxemity to the radion can change how well it comes in, you said it wouldn't and that one must be touching the base of the antenna, which is not true. that's all i said.

Where exactly am I wrong? Read my post again?

I didn't say that you were lying. What I said was that the same thing woudn't work with your TV. It doesn't work with my radio. If that what you observe were easily explainable, you wouldn't post your question asking around.

The problem is that you won't find the answer on the internet -- no one seems to regard this effect as something out of ordinary, or only a few people experience it, because you need to have a broken antenna. If your antenna is working, then the reception is strong enough to override the minute interference . It all depends on the frequency of the signal. There would be a person who wouldn't notice anything, because of the frequency and the type of the receiver.

Since there is no antenna, the metallic components of the receiver are the only antenna available. Your body absorbs some of the EMR passing by and that causes changes in the performance of the receiver.

The idea that your body is like an antenna that helps the reception is wrong. So is the idea that human body or any thing else attracts EMR. Even if you touch the base of the antenna, it may not help, because the effect depends on the frequency the device is tuned to.

But since the truth is what is being accepted, the truth can be anything -- especially in this case.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

thx for the info. i did a few half-a$$ed searched that didn't yield much info on how any difference would occur, i have noticd the difference on old junky radios and the one i have now with a broken antenna, it would seem to be correct that a radio is good shape will not do this.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I would hazard a guess that you are just acting as either a signal director or reflector.

Look up Yagi antennas upon Google. You will see a driven element (your radios broken antenna, for the sake of this example), a director and a reflector. Depending upon frequency/direction of transmission, even body shape I assume, you could well be either reflecting back (if you are standing behind the radio with reference to the direction of transmission or, obviously, a director (if you are standing in front with regards to the transmission).

I have noticed this effect myself with a small pocket FM/SW radio I carry around with me. Next time I'll stop and consider my location with regards to the transmitter to see if I reflect or deflect. Intuition tells me deflect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join