It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I usually tell people like that "I don't value your opinion enough to care what you think but thanks for sharing." It's honest, to the point, no cussing, avoids sinking to their level of name-calling and leaves you with your dignity intact. It doesn't give them a lot of wiggle room for a come-back either. You acknowledge that they have an opinion to which they're entitled but that you don't share it. What CAN they say?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yes I know how to go that route and have before. I don't care less what they think, but when that guy called us quak jobs, I just lose it. My temper is terrible.

I love your advice, but sometimes if you never strike back people will walk all over you, but i agree, what you said is what jesus said.

peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I know what you mean. Christ tended to irk people in large groups and occasionally had to flee to keep from getting stoned to death. He was called names, too (wine bibber, gluttonous man, blasphemer, etc.).

If people on the internet are irking you, it may be time to step back from the computer keyboard. Sometimes it help me to think of my words as gifts. You don't smack somebody upside the head with a gift when you give it to them. You don't shove it in their face screaming, "Take it!".

In such an anonymous setting as an internet discussion board, sometimes all you can do it quietly set your gift down on the table and walk away. Many may be curious enough to look and walk away but, since your words stay on the site, eventually someone will read what you have to say and take away something of benefit. To them it will be a gift.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i tend to go for brutal honesty.ill point out everything thing they are saying is coming from the ego its running there body for them.then say i bet the real yous much diffrent.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
capstan I agree, but these people who call us quakejobs are full of crap. pride doesn't make you sane, and they subtly put themselves above Christians as being more sane somehow like Bill Mahr. You can see it in his soul how arrogant he is.

and so pride does this, so if you can defend yourself by using wit and the means you just mentioned, I appluad that, but I get mad as hell.

when they say we are holier then thou they don't like our moral superiorrity.

Yet why don't we say, sane (ier) then thou?

because they live closeminded. That's why it's easy for Christians to embrace God baised on human nature and how wonderful everything is made, including the tons of miracles.

Yet these people stay close minded, and God honestly I think they do it because they don't want God to be real. Shoot I know if I didn't want God to be real, I would lash out at Christians and call their belief insane which gives me a copout to a shallow lifestyle.

thanks for your input.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
No more cursing with me. And this is gonna be hard to do but I'm gonna watch my mouth from now on. people piss me off sometimes and I'm sorry for my temper.
I apologize to christians, my brothers and sisters. Please (don't) follow my footsteps in terms of my mouth.peace.

JesusisTruth I think we can help each other. Just because you said that Ill try to watch my mouth more. I cuz alot sometimes. Even my girl wants me to stop, she gets dang right mad about the whole thing. I guess my problem its easer for me to explain things when useing a cuz word. but I think God wants me to use better laugage. God bless JesusisTruth I will try as you will try. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join