It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No more cursing with me. And this is gonna be hard to do but I'm gonna watch my mouth from now on. people piss me off sometimes and I'm sorry for my temper.

I apologize to christians, my brothers and sisters. Please (don't) follow my footsteps in terms of my mouth.

peace.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think that's great Bud. Profanity can be a habitual problem but can easily be broken with time. Just remind yourself that you don't use profanity every time you slip.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

hey brother, we all mess up. thats is part of what makes us human.

all that we can do is try to be a better version of our true self.

peace

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Amen my friend, I support you!!!

I renounced it as well a few months ago when I re-dedicated myself to the Lord, you'll be amazed how often you notice others doing it.

I'll pray for you!!!

God Bless.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
POSITIONALLY...in Christ...we are perfect...forgiven!

PRACTICALLY...in Christ...we struggle...that's a fact!

If we CONFESS (which means we 'agree' with God) that we have sinned (as Christians) He is faithful AND just...to forgive us, our sins...

REST my man....REST in the Grace of our Lord Jesus...

You will learn the habit of not cursing...practical redemption takes time...it is a process...

Here's the good news...your sins are as far as the east is from the west....now find a globe somewhere....and move your hand to the west...you will notice it SEEMS....you travel 'east', too...

but that is a deception!

It is still going west....just keep going around!!!!!!!

= = = = =

Now try that going north....

No doubt soon enough you will be travelling south, right...!!!

That's why He said east from west...and not north from south....because east is an infinite line that will NEVER NEVER go west...

now will west EVER EVER go east....

it is an infinite line with geometry-type arrows on each end...they will never touch....

Now picture that in regards to our sins....they will never see judgement...IT IS AS FAR AS THE EAST IS FROM THE WEST!!!!!

Rest!

OT out...!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am not sure what to make of profanity. Now, I know that it is sinful to take God's name in vain, but...., that is not the same as "cursing" or using profanity.

One thing is for certain, profanity does not sound nice and it doesn't make us seem very intelligent. I have always been told that the use of profanity is a signof a "weak vocabulary."

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Whats the big deal? They are only words and sounds.

Why should words and sounds be offensive i.e does fick, fack, feck, fock offend?? What about 'profanity' in Dutch or French or German or even Mandarin Chinese? Or is it the sexual connotations that most profane words are associated with that offend or the intonation of the word eg. the word bastard - not offensive when related to an illegitimate child but change the intonation and meaning and its a different story.

Personally I think there is a time and a place for such language (only due to the social stigma attached and not for the words themselves) however its really not for anyone else to judge others vocabulary.

G

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

chinese, german, if you KNOW it's a bad word, you shouldn't say it.
Personally, I don't say the word(this is an exception) 'fanny'.
Where I come from, it means butt. The south.
But, in the UK, it means something else on a woman. I didn't know that until recently, so I was embarrassed!
Anyway, being called a bastard, because you had no dad is WORSE than if you're called that because you're a jerk! (was your mamma a w****?)
Like someone said, it USUALLY means you don't have anything intelligent to say.
Let's 'tame' our tongues!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Whats the big deal? They are only words and sounds.

Why should words and sounds be offensive i.e does fick, fack, feck, fock offend?? What about 'profanity' in Dutch or French or German or even Mandarin Chinese? Or is it the sexual connotations that most profane words are associated with that offend or the intonation of the word eg. the word bastard - not offensive when related to an illegitimate child but change the intonation and meaning and its a different story.

Personally I think there is a time and a place for such language (only due to the social stigma attached and not for the words themselves) however its really not for anyone else to judge others vocabulary.

G

No one was judging his choice of words.

He decided to curb his language for himself.

I applaud that.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
JIT is a WOMAN.
Right, NOTurTypical, Good for her!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oooops, sorry JIT.

I was unaware.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
No I'm a man. I am not a woman.

and shilud.

God says in scripture to

" let your yes be yes and your no be no "

anything above is evil.

Because those words come from anger. If I stub my toe. what do I say?

Holy forks and spoons?

No

I say

Holy S***

so those words come from anger most of the time and so they are associated with them. they are only words but God wants nothing but peace coming out of our mouths.

God bless you guys.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Sorry!
All this time I thought you were a woman!
My bad!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by shihulud

chinese, german, if you KNOW it's a bad word, you shouldn't say it.
Personally, I don't say the word(this is an exception) 'fanny'.
Where I come from, it means butt. The south.
But, in the UK, it means something else on a woman. I didn't know that until recently, so I was embarrassed!
I do suppose it depends on where you are from - I live in Scotland where virtually everyone from your auntie to your sisters cat swears. Although I must admit I don't like hearing children swearing (toddlers are funny though). Oh yes the 'fanny', must admit I used to laugh when I heard it on American TV shows when I was younger - but thats my point people aren't offended by the words themselves but the intonation and meaning behind their use.

Anyway, being called a bastard, because you had no dad is WORSE than if you're called that because you're a jerk! (was your mamma a w****?)
Like someone said, it USUALLY means you don't have anything intelligent to say.
Let's 'tame' our tongues!
Well see I don't really care for the need to be married before having children as I suppose neither do billions of others ( again I think it might have to do with where you live). Also have to disagree that using profanity shows unintelligence, I think it can be very creative.

G

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

i too swear, i cant seem to rid myself of it. I must have a lack of faith in this area. Ill pray for you. would you mind doing the same for me?

Although we are only human it surely isn't the thing that is a good image for Christ.

Thanks for sharing

David

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Holy forks and spoons?

I am going to try top use this instead if the F word (disgusting)

Im getting oh for Pete's sake more now, so that is a good thing.

when i bacame a Christian I dropped using Jesus and the phrase for Gods sake as an expletive instantly.

I use the word cobblers a lot

I think God has a plan for a few of us here as it seems to be the worry of the moment

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Amen my friend, I support you!!!

I renounced it as well a few months ago when I re-dedicated myself to the Lord, you'll be amazed how often you notice others doing it.

I'll pray for you!!!

God Bless.

have you stopped completely? If so praise the Lord, thats awesome!

so if one cans so can I. I think just by talking, this will help

take care

david

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying that it may minister grace unto the hearers. (Ephesians 4:29)

But above all things, my brothers, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yes be yes; and your no, no; lest you fall into condemnation. (James 5:12)

If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Behold, we also put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

Also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, wheresoever the governor wants.

Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasts great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindles!

And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and is set on fire of hell.

For every kind of beats, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and has been tamed of mankind: but the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison,

Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

Out of the same mouth proceeds blessings and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not so to be.

Does a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

Can the fig tree, my brothers bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. (James 3: 2-13)

A worthy goal, JIT. May we all strive for such discipline.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
cussing isnt that big of a deal, sometimes it can hold its on in a place of diceetment or distrust or something of that nature. probably not the best choice of words in a professional atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Iv'e already failed. Sorry guys. I'm still working on it. thanks for the replies amnd i agree with most of you.

How do you handle people who call you quack jobs? Buttheads don't know anything about me. We offer it up for humiliation? I would love to see that guy say that in my face, love it.

anyways offering that humiliation is so hard. So hard.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join