It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My Fellow Prisoners," McCain Calls Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Both Obama and McCain are mispeaking and gaffing all over the place.
It's pretty damn pathetic.

However, this time, McCains slip was actually the truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
He's friends with Bush.

Actually he isn't. Ever since Bushs campaign put out those lies about McCain having an illegitimate black baby McCain has not liked Bush. He still works with the guy and makes keeps up appearances, but he definatley is not friends with the guy.

Behind closed doors in Skull & Bones or whatever elite meetings they throw there opium parties at, ...

McCain isn't a Skull & Bones.
BTW - Obama is the admitted coke-head, not McCain.
Once an addict, always an addict.

Originally posted by whiteraven
Classic PTSD.

No, it isn't. It's not even close to PTSD behavior.
It's just a classic gaff.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Once, long ago in a galaxy far away, such things were called "Freudian slips", and were considered to be indicative of what was really going on in the person's mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stonespiral

reply to post by jsobecky

You know, from your Avatar I'm going to take a leap as assume you're a McCain supporter, I am most certainly not.

I'll probably vote for him, but I actually liked the avvie because those were my school colors. I do weird stuff like that.

Originally posted by stonespiral
But go you and your views 100%.

Thanks.

I've read this thread and it actually makes me happy that I have agreed with 3 out 4 of your responses. I'm a little iffy on supporting military troops no matter what, but that has nothing do with serving your country it has more to do with personal character outside of that. I tend to look person-to-person.

Likewise. I just made that reply because someone had ragged on the guy who said it. I've got this thing for protecting the underdog.

That being said! I definately think that his head was in the place of "Where might I be able to fit in a war-hero point? Is this the time for ad-libbing?(if it wasnt written in the speech) Is this the right crowd for that moment? Will it help me, hurt me, or not make a difference? With all those questions in mind I can see where making a verbal POW slip-up is likely. That's assuming those were in mind, and given his speech record I don't doubt that at least 1 of those were in mind.

I'm VERY much against McCain, but I can sympathize with what seems like a very human moment.

But I can also see where it can be a very frightening remark if I'm wrong...

You have a lot of insight and compassion for the human failings. Good for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I personally think this was simply a very tired old man slipping up in a speech. Not Freudian, not intentional. Just a screw up. Obama is doing the same thing too. This has been a physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausting experience for us... and we are simply watching from the sidelines. Imagine being a 72 year old man with physical ailments or a 40 something year old man with two very young kids you are trying juggle along with you, not to mention the RIDICULOUS pressure these men are under and I have to say I am impressed they both don't fall over on stage into a coma at this point in the campaign.

Obs out

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
McCain refers to all of us as "Fellow Prisoners", and to Senator Obama
as "That One over there". We hear mis-speaks all the time, but usually
the speaker corrects him/her self immediately. His slips of the tongue
are symptomatic of something going wrong upstairs. Probably just age.
If that's the case, the condition will get worse as the years progress.

Maybe Presidents have access to cures that are not available to the
common populace though? George Bush couldn't say "Nuclear" and
several other words properly when he took office. Now, words roll off
his tongue with ease...for the most part. President Regan wore hearing
aids as Gov of California, but they were not to be seen after he became
President. Presidents endure huge emotional and physical stresses, yet
they rarely become sick in office and almost every one of these guys
lived, or are living, to a ripe old age.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I haven't read all 4 pages so maybe someone beat me to this but it wasn't a slip, it's not because he is old, its not because of post traumatic stress, blah blah blah....what he said is EXACTLY what he meant.

Mccain called us his fellow prisoners because WE ARE! Gas prices, falling economy, big business rules, real estate gone to poop, etc, etc... and maybe FINALLY a candidate is speaking for real. Knowing we are prisoners to this administration and the last 4 or 5. Maybe he want's to give the people hope that if elected he will TRY and get us back to where we can afford gas, afford homes, NOT live like pawns in someone elses chess game.

This was no mistake, it was his way to associate with the people who DO feel like prisoners in this country. So there is NOTHING to be afraid of with this. Some of the responces I did read blow my mind...some people seriously need a reality check..
and gotta stop using their imaginations!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This Freudian slip in not unlike that of the mysterious Barry/Barrack Hussein Obama's slip when he referred to his "Muslim faith"

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I have a couple of friends who packed up their families and moved to
other countries (Canada/Spain). They did this years ago and are
living happily with no desire to come back.

If we are prisoners, it's because we've chosen to be, because the doors
to the cell and the prison itself are wide open. You won't be shot in the
back when you try to leave either.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
okay okay i'm sorry. i WAS a little cranky last night and i suppose it shows in my posts. anyway, although the user never said "this is PTSD" they DID provide an answer that was nothing but a wiki link to a definition of PTSD, so although is isn't a good idea to assume, as i admitingly have, what other conclusion could one be expected to arrive at with a reply that is a link to said subject matter, and nothing else? i do apologize if this was wrong.
and as for me raging someone, it bothered me, it seemed an irresponsible thing to say "it's him accidentally making a connection to his POW days, i take my hat off to him" we should never "take our hats off" to someone making a critical error because of a past trauma when that person needs to be the sharpest man in america, i NEVER made a statement that need apply to all those who serve but very quickly i was being put in "patriotic time-out" by the big boys because if they support all those who serve, and i am on the other side of "them" (here's the rub) then i must not be "for" those who have served. that is a dangerous way to be thinking IMO, i could be wrong, i doubt it, but i could be.

also, this thread should basicly be done, after the reader posted about the fact that he referred to financial prisoners earlier in the speech, that is key evidence for this being a simple mistake, having neither to do with freudian slips or old age or hinting at the truth, it was just a mistake that anyone coulda made. even me

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Yes, it seems to be a freudian slip. He made one earlier as well, on another thread, some video interview discussing the first time in the house of commons when the bail out was defeated. There he said something along the lines of, if he was dictator and he always wanted to be... Freudian slips just keep coming out of his big mouth, and the public seems oblivious.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'd have to say it was probobly just a slip of the tongue. I see no reason that this should raise any ire to anyone. People misspeak all the time. That fact that no one noticed... Well... That shows how tuned in the prisoners... Er... Audiance was...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

oh me i never heard that one about dictator before! that IS good, i wonder if anyone has a link to that? i'd love to see that.

i think a freudian slip would be a reasonable way to see this also, i'm really not the type to believe in a freudian type slip, but it does make a certain amount of sense that the word prisoner could have been resonating in his mind when thinking of us, thus making that word come out instead of the intended one, but holy crow, if he is honestly thinking of us all as prisoners in his mind, then things are more hopeless than i ever considered. i think a lot of deception is going on, but it would make me feel a LITTLE bit better to think that most of them are deceiving because they honestly believe it's in our best interest, at least that is a fraction better than the thought that they just see us as prisoners. so maybe my reluctance to that theory is out of my own freudian type of thinking pattern. i am open minded, and this seems very possible. how much evidence have i been dismissing because it was just to shocking to believe the implications behind said evidence? hmmm, i have much to think about now, i just now, at this moment, considered this for the first time to myself. it IS possible that i have been doing this a lot, not seeing things as they are because of the scary thoughts that go along with it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Like I said... An opportunity missed!!!

"My fellow prisoners... In 39 days our window of opportunity presents itself to us. The one hour when we overtake our captors, cut the chains of corruption and go out into the fresh air for the first time in 25 years. We were falsely accused, charged and imprisoned for the sins of freedom. Our republic will be honorarily discharged and free to think, innovate and excel once again.

During the past 8 years, I've been threatened, handed scripts and told what to say by insertnameshere. Our captors want us to pay for the injuries they caused. From this moment on Nov 5th, fellow prisoners, we will be free."

Blah blah blah... I could almost cry for the opportunity he missed to quite literally shock and awe. But I guess the script is being enforced strictly.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This election is fixed! He is already thinking of the FEMA camps and calling us Prisoners. Bet you that around election time that there will be riots! There is going to be a fraudulent election just like the al gore bush election watch!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In an interview last month, McCain said that he wouldn't sit down at the
table to talk with the President of SPAIN..our friendly ally. When Obama
brought that up in the most recent debate, McCain looked at him puzzled,
like he had no clue that he said that.

This strange statement by McCain on video was circulated widely, yet
he doesn't remember saying it? Or perhaps he really did mean it?
Things that make you go "hmmmm" indeed.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What would you folks call this?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
it just seems like a joke, as in the state our country is in right now. i guarantee he meant to say it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
it might have been a gaffe or he has some inside information or it was a freudian slip because he believes people are prisoners. It's an odd gaffe if it was one though.

Anyway, reading some of the anti-obama posts here just make me sad.

If republicans win again I am going to lose faith in humanity.

They have ruined the US.

- with its agenda of having no regulations at all for the financial market causing a financial collapse

- destroyed the economy in general before the financial disaster.

- invaded a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 causing enormous human suffering and thousands of dead and wounded american soldiers.

McSame voted with his leader and party 90% of the time. He's an extremely rich old republican that have no clue of how many houses he own.

Finally there is a candidate that differs, that don't listen to lobbyists and shady corporations, who is on the side of the mainstream american and that means real change.

I think Americans are smarter than re-electing another republican Bush clone after all the damage they have done to the country. I hope so.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Face it - John McCain is a senile old man. It is a fact that he wears depends and has accidents all the time. He was in a Vietnam prison hole for 5 years getting massive doses of mental and physical torture.

These things weigh hard on a man and I do not believe he has the mental sharpness and ability it takes to run our Nation for 4-8 years. We can't have another New World Order yes man in there willing to be just another puppet, and thats what he would be. We can't keep making the same mistakes and buying them more time to destroy us!

John McCain will never be able to lead and we need that leadership now more than ever.

And to make matters worse, he has selected a running mate that virtually no one knows anything about. He has picked a running mate that can't come up with a single article or court ruling except Rovie vs. Wade which anyone living under a rock would know. She got where she is through her Alaska network and because of her cute looks. She doesn't know jack squat about anything. She certainly doesn't know how to run our Nation, unless like Bush she just shows up at photo ops and lets the NWo run everything.

We don't need a madman and a know nothing woman running our Country in the middle of a war and a financial crisis - especially one of which (McCain) who was involved in the Keating 5 scam!

We (America) really do not need more of this. Not now and never again. How can people be so stupid. We run this country! We paid for the infrastructure! We pay them our taxes to work for us!

Wake up Fellow Prisoners - this is only going to get worse unless you wake up!

[edit on 9-10-2008 by arizonascott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join