It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell To Israel.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Simplynoone.

Hi jakyll think what you will ...there will still be 7 years to finish preaching the Gospel during the trib ..remember there will be 1444,000 preaching that gospel during the last 7 years ..then the end of the end will come ..

7 years to finish what millions have tried to do in 2000 years! Yeah,ok.

ZeroKnowledge.

Notice TINY difference? With building "greater Israel" , it managed to loose more then half of its gains.

The map depicts the situation after the 6 Day War,not after Israel was empire building.By trying to hold onto these lands,not only were they in danger of breaking the agreed boundries,but they also displaced a quarter of the population of the West Bank,(200/250,00) and over 80,000 Syrians fled the Golan Heights.And almost 70,000 Arabs either fled or were 'coerced' into leaving the Gaza Strip.

As for settlements and such - it happens. You are aware that there is peace process? And that it is Middle East? It is leverage for final devision. Palestinians also build on area that is in question. Land grab before final cut. Settlement of 10 is hardly greater Israel. Or even thousand.

The peace process means nothing if Israel is still trying to take land that is beyond the borders from the original agreement.

Since Ahmadinejad got elected. And he does his share of war mongering too, don't you agree?

I do.But only because Iran has been put in a position where they need such a leader.

dooper.

When it says that the Word will be shared with all the world, it didn't say every man, woman, and child at once.

True.It just says to all nations.

As far as the cultural identity of the Jewish nation goes, I stand by may statement. Through the millennia, the Jewish nation as a group has retained their identity while their counterparts have fallen by the way.

Many cultures have remained relatively unchanged,but they usually get called backwards or primitive.

Lucid Lunacy.

Seriously... How can these people feel okay in their hearts when they are spreading the gospel of salvation when they believe only a selected few qualify? The Church preaches salvation is possible for EVERYONE, but then when cornered in this argument it's "the Bible does say a very few...".

Its true.Thats what people preach and thats what the bible says.Even Jesus taught this.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Sorry to correct you here, you mean the one and true god of the Israeli people told them that he will provide for them.

As the first testament is indeed the recollection of historical lore of the Jewish nation, yes their god will provide for them.

And for the new testament taking into consideration that it sprouted from the same Jewish traditions or at least closed to them it also part of the Jewish history as Jesus was Jewish.

So for me that I am not a Jewish I do not recognized their God to be my God and neither their historical recollections and lore to apply to me either.

So I careless what the Jewish God promised to them.

Thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree, and reiterate that what troubles me most about the concept of our 'obligation' to Israel (while now politically and diplomatically an American imperative); overlooks the aspect of the 'national faith' of Israel that limits the position of all non-bloodline-blessed to that of cattle.

It is a peculiar inclination. And certainly warrants a focused efforts to understand how this doctrine is reconciled in government.

I feel no compulsion to 'serve' the Jewish state, despite the dogmatic ramblings of those 'biblical scholars' who have determined our national 'fate' - based on nothing more tangible than faith.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I get so sick and tired of having to hear that because the bible say so (the jewish bible stories) we the ones that have not ties to jewish roots have to accomodate for their needs, because their bible say that they are the chosen ones.

Well I don't care, I am the chose one to my own brand of god.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

As some Americans can be quite vocal about Israel,i use this anology;

If one of the tribes of the Native Americans had a historical record or scripture that said a certain amount of land was theirs by divine right,and it was decided that a state in said land should be created for them and those Americans who didn't leave were continuously oppressed;would you accept it?

Would you accept the loss of your home,your job,your land?

The answer is obviously no,so why should Palestinians have to suffer such a thing?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If Iran is such a threat to Israel and the Jews who live there,why then why are there 20,000 Jews in Iran with a member of parliament in Tehran.

Surely that would've been murdered by now.

Ahmadinejad denies being an anti-Semite (why deny it if he supposedly glories in it?); points out that he supports Jewish representation in the Iranian parliament; and compares his call for an end to the Zionist regime ruling over Jerusalem to the Western call for the dissolution of the old Soviet Union. Was Ronald Reagan inciting to genocide when he called for an end of the Soviet regime?

www.juancole.com...

[edit on 10-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

And I got back to my own way of reasoning when it comes to the way the world and specially US acts when it comes to be fair of other nations needs.

Is all in the eye of the beholder and we all know who's eyes our nations leaders and religious believers wants the rest of us to think like.

That is why I consider myself and anarchist because I don't subscribe to the propaganda that the "norm" (dictated by our government and religious pushers) wants me to follow.

Is plenty of injustice in this world but we have to be sympathetic of one group because the adopted Christian bible tells us so.

I say you have your own mind you make your own decisions, I find logic in the issue that I am not Jewish I have not links to the Jewish god, and for the people to me is just another country with problems just like hundreds more around the world, nothing special.

Just because my government propaganda is geared to be hateful to those that are not in their best interest I say BS I make my own mind and I am not blind.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Where did it go?

I didn't read any posts but sill it makes one think.

Surrounded by evil Arabs and may some day be absorbed
into their Axis of Terror.

With the credit crisis at hand I see the only solution is to bomb
IRAN and feel good about ourselves.

So I do not see Israel as a factor anywhere.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

With the credit crisis at hand I see the only solution is to bomb
IRAN and feel good about ourselves.

Is that meant to be a serious answer or a joke?

Just wanted to check before i give a proper reply.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You consider yourself an anarchist? Lady, and this is an assumption based on your avatar, you don't have a single clue about anarchy. If you ever experienced anarchy, you'd never want to be near it. In fact, I would go farther, and suggest that you wouldn't likely survive it.

If you find it fun to pretend you're somehow unique, you may wish to find another way.

When I read this, I actually laughed. A true anarchist would not even stoop low enough to have a computer, as he/she would be fighting this source of bad information.

I think the term you were describing yourself as is "skeptic."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join