It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
There have been times when on ATS that my mouse would suddenly get a "mind of it's own" and move around by itself. Not intelligently, but just slide from one side of the screen to the other, or move up and down. This happens about once a day, and it is freaking me out.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Can't say that has ever happened to me.

Not sure if it matters but I use one of those laser mouses. Makes gaming better.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yeah, LT, I don't know what my mouse's deal is, but it is pissing me off! It is kind of weird though, when it moves on it's own. Maybe someone is remote linking into my computer?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Um, that's your employer on PCAnywhere or some other network snoop viewer accidentally bumping their mouse while watching you goof off on ATS.

Maybe, maybe not. Actually that DID happen to me at one employer.

Little trick: Very quickly try going to SHUT DOWN all of a sudden and if you have a remote viewer shadow it will say This action will disconnect the remote viewer!

That was my experience anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thats crazy, isane even, and no that has never happened:w:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I only had that happen once - the mouse was full of crap inside and when I opened it up, the rollers were clogged. Since I cleaned it, it has never done that again. And no, it wasn't on a work computer, it was the one at home and I didn't have the net at the time.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Does it only happen on ATS? I have had some problem with a broken mouse that would 'lock up' and send the same signal for some time. Maybe that can explain it.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I've got an optical mouse, and yeah, it does htat sometimes. but That's because there's crap all over... Or maybe it's logitech. Moot point.

DE

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That happens to me sometimes, but it's the wire thats kind of pulling the mouse to a position it 'wants' it to be in.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A fcouple of questions...

Are you using a laptop with a builtin pad mouse?
(sometimes, I accidentily move my are across the pad when im typing and it moves the cursor)

Are you using a balled mouse that hasn't been cleaned in a while?
(The dirt inisde your mouse may be screwing up you mouse)

Amantine brings up a good point, does this happen just on ats?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Holly crap, funny I came about this thread, just one minute ago this happend to me. It has happend to me a few times too and know that I think about it, it only happens on ATS.

I have medium knowledge on computers and I can't think what can cause this....

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
happens to me at work lol. when ever I see that i quikly press alt+F4 close window. before thati efficiently set up short cuts that purge my comp or clear my history, lol jking. But seriously can you set shortcuts like that I might need em one day when the police come knocking on my door....

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Nothing like that has happened to me sinec I statrted usingf a laser mouse. Are you using a mouse with the roller ball? If sd, I would say that is it.

top topics

join