It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OCT 14th, possible Timewave Zero correlation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
1 month after?the scale is high at the day it happens,it gets lower after a while(some days,weeks?).Notice how it starts climbing a lil before the actual event.I don't know,maybe we have some kind of premonition powers?I think i get this,but i don't know how to explain

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
okay it starts climbing but on october 14th there is a spike then a drop right after. on 9/11 it was an increse then a drop much later maybe like the person before me said that good things happen when it drops. it is very low and then has small spikes on lebanon war and tsunami.

that is if this thing is even accurate which it is not.

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
reply to post by N. Tesla

The 7th was hyped as an event - Timewave Zero maps the progress of global consciousness...changes...shifts. It measured a shift in emotion and doesn't necessarily point only to catastrophic events. The points on the graph can be good or bad.

What's interesting is that the current crisis is plainly visible right there in black and white - it's that last huge peak on the graph. We're stil there at the top ready to roll down that big hill towards the next change - Dec. 10.

I apologise if this was explained before or elsewhere, but could somebody, please, explain what are those unmarked peaks supposed to relate to?
I see at least five or six of them (the second one is even higher than the "September 11" one), but they are unmarked.
To which events do they correspond?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by playguy
Death of the pope?Global?

Well... yes.
Very much so.
Didn't you watch footage from Saint Peter's Square on the days preceding his death and the day of the funeral?

Everyone knew he(may god or whoever bless his soul) would die soon.It wasn't like a shock.9/11 was,much more felt worldwide to me,from what i saw and felt.

Actually, it WAS felt like a shock by many people around the world.

And conversely, everyone WAS expecting the attack on Iraq (March 20, 2003), so that wasn't unexpected, either - and yet it appears on the diagram.

But that - its shock value - is a moot point, anyway.
I was under the impression that the TimeWave was supposed to measure the global "emotional energy" or something like that.
(I recall the wording "shift of emotion" from another posting here.)

From that perspective, it's quite obvious to anyone who has seen the coverage of the days immediately before and after the Pope's death - or was there in person - that the emotional impact of this event, whether expected or not, was certainly much greater both in geographical scope and in intensity than, say, the invasion of Iraq or even September 11 (I am speaking from a global perspective).

There are, of course, other events that one would expect to be reflected, but they don't seem to be.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just wanna point out that the various events occuring on the earth are not all necessarily of equal value as regards the "Ingression of novelty" that McKenna discusses. Ultimately the ultimate value as per novelty that any event may or may not express would be defined ...later. It is very difficult to assess the relative novelty of an event as regards the entire planet. Some events could even potentially occure in private - and be an expression of a massive ingression of novelty. In order to properly discuss the timewave theory I think what actually constitutes novelty would be a good place to begin; and its relation to the notion of signifigance. In other words; what could be regarded as novel for any particular space/time might not be for another designated space/time.

Having said all that I had no idea a program was developed for Timewave; or if I did I totally forgot (heh.). Cool post and Kudos to the OP.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

In theory, at least, I totally agree.
And I am all for discussing the semantic problems relevant to this case.

But if that is so, then it's NOT about "emotional shifts".
And therefore, the peaks that ARE currently regarded as correlated to specific events are, in fact, arbitrarily assigned.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If anyone wants to play with this, but doesn't have any systems running DOS, you can use DosBOX.

It emulates the DOS environment on newer systems. I used to use it to play older DOS games and mess with old DOS software.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I suspect we are in agreement Vanitas; however the mention of emotional shifts I found quite interesting. What are the relevant connections between emotional shifts and novelty? its an interesting question even outside of McKenna's theory. I always thought it was rather clever of McKenna to use the term novelty - vague yes; but it is probably quantifiable in some sense. Perhaps in precisely those terms of probablility? History books talk about the invention of stirrups as being a key innovation that kept armored knights "in the saddle". Maybe this is the kind of thing intentioned by the Timewave idea? Again we probably won t figure it out until after it s happened. Of course Timewave goes backwards in time quite a bit; so it should correspond with what we know its true now if we fudge +/-200 years or so.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

Exactly.

Applying it to history would be a very good idea - even though our historical perspective of past events is inevitably warped, too.
Still, it's the best test available.

And - this is a question for anyone who is knowledgeable about this system - I would still like to hear about those other "anonymous" spikes that don't sem to be associated with any events.
(See my first message in this thread.)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I apologise if this was explained before or elsewhere, but could somebody, please, explain what are those unmarked peaks supposed to relate to?
I see at least five or six of them (the second one is even higher than the "September 11" one), but they are unmarked.
To which events do they correspond?

Thanks.

thats exactly my point everyone seems to point out some dates but i have yet to see someone who can point to every spike and every drop and say here this happened and over here that happened.

timewave zero is a joke. ill take it seriously when the webbot makes a prediction that comes true.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The events that happen on those days are most likely only partially due to events we witness within our global society. I wouldnt doubt that most of them have more to do with the shifting of planets and energies the earth experiences. We are supposedly due to align with the center of the galaxy on 2012.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I see... So, there really aren't any known events associated with those spikes?

In that case, I would say that is a good indication that this system, if there is anything to it (and there might be, for all I know), is still far from being useful in strictly practical terms.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
timewave zero is not a science. it is a random zig zag that people attempt to understand. it is very easy to say look at that spike on 9/11 it must mean something after it happens. who can predict somethign before it happens. give me the next date on that timewave and ill bet you nothing will happen. no one seems to know the future but they sure are good with connecting points to the past.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh, all too often even "science" is not science, if you know what I mean...

But I must admit, after hearing so much about it over the years, I did expect this particular system to be more stringent and consistent within its own frame than it appears to be right now.

Still, for all I know, it may be measuring something, the rhythm and rules of which still escapes us. Hence the remark about its usefulness.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Still, for all I know, it may be measuring something,

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Vanitas]

it measure nothing. it is based on the lines in i ching a 5000 year old book. funny i didnt think they had dos back then

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i thought the program was called "timewave zero" because it is the zero point that we should be worried about. what settings are you guys using when you chart your graphs? if you set the zero point to 12/21/12 it backs up this date's link to the end of the world, or at least the end of the mayan calendar. if you read up on wikipedia or any other source it will tell you that the spikes, or high points in the graph represent periods of inactivity, or stability in society, as you can see it clearly began a sharp drop around the late 1880's which represents our evolution to a technological society. as things get crazier, the line on the graph DROPS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join