It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Trumpets Endorsement From Figure Of Foundation That Established Ayers Board

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

On Wednesday morning, John McCain's campaign released a list of 100 former ambassadors endorsing the GOP presidential nominee.

Second on the list, though her name is misspelled, is Leonore Annenberg, currently the president and chairman of the Annenberg Foundation and widow of ambassador and philanthropist Walter Annenberg. Ms. Annenberg was herself the "chief of protocol" at the State Department under President Reagan.

If the last name sounds familiar, it's because it also graces the name of the Chicago education board where Barack Obama and William Ayers sat in the room six times together.

In recent days, the McCain-Palin ticket (and particularly Palin) has faulted Obama for having served on that board with Ayers, who was a founding member of the radical 60's Weather Underground group when Obama was in grade school.

Since then, however, Ayers has been rehabilitated in Chicago society, carving out a niche in education circles. As a former Republican representative in Illinois told NPR on Monday, smearing Obama for his board association with Ayers is "nonsensical."

"It was never a concern by any of us in the Chicago school reform movement that he had led a fugitive life years earlier ... It's ridiculous," Republican Rep. Diana Nelson said. "There is no reason at all to smear Barack Obama with this association. It's nonsensical, and it just makes me crazy. It's so silly."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

How about that? Given McCain and Palin's guilty by association logic used against Obama, are we now to draw the conclusion that McCain and Palin are sympathizers of terrorist support groups?

Which is more diabolically sinister? Having a peripheral connection to a terrorist or being sympathetic to terrorist support groups and being supported by those very same terrorist support organizations?

What happens when we add Sarah Palin's husband, Todd, into the equation?

Do you see how ugly this gets? McCain and Palin don't seem to. If this is evidence that McCain and Palin are hanging themselves for initiating and engaging in a vile and reprehensible smear campaign that is designed to fracture the solidarity of US citizens, and take advantage of preexisting fissures of hatred, then let McCain and Palin rally forth to their mutual demise.

Otherwise, is there any evidence that McCain and Palin will dispense with their heinous behavior?

I'm waiting.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is great! First the VP's husband is a registered member of a terrorist group that wants to destroy America and now this! WHo is the terrorist? And don't forget the GOP GAVE 69,000,000 MILLION DOLLARS TO OSAMA BIN LADEN AND THE TALIBAN IN JUNE 2001! Yeah, who supports terrorists again?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Let me ask you this...

1. Did anyone ever see McCain over Ayers house for coffee and election planning?

2. Did John McCain receive 100 million dollars to go out into Chicago neighborhoods to incite children to defy authority?

3. Did John McCain sit at numorous meetings with Ayers?

4. Did Ayers launch McCains political carreer?

Hmmm... I didn't think so.

Barack Obama, and Osama Bin Laden both have somethimg in common. They both know someone who bombed New York city and the Pentigon.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Will you look at that? The irony is astounding.

So McCain is guilty of indirectly associating with "terrorists" too. Nothing like a hardy game of "Six Degrees of Seperation," huh.

In essence, both Republicans and Democrats have ties to this man. Shhhh! We've got to keep this under wraps before the general public discovers the entire political system is corrupt!

Seriously, no big whoop. It's a charity board that both Obama and Annenberg were involved in. Let's put this in perspective.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Can you back up the donation to terrorism thing?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Do you know a whit of what you are talking about?

Your entire list is made up of spun fables. That's right, first the original stories were spun, then fables created, and finally the fables were spun. You've referenced the Hollywood B-movie versions. Get a grip on the true stories and then compare your list those.

The other thing is that I could run off a factual short list of who McCain has sat down with for coffee and favors. Who held fundraisers at their home for him, and so forth. But I won't do that, not really the focus of this thread. However, if you absolutely want to know, just ask. Won't take me but 20 seconds to post it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Ayers hasn't committed any "terrorist" acts in over 40 years. So, most of those accusations aren't relevant to begin with.

The only question I have for you:

Can you back up #2?

Did John McCain receive 100 million dollars to go out into Chicago neighborhoods to incite children to defy authority?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I still have yet to see how Ayers is a terrorist. If anyone can show me how he is a terrorist and not a freedom fighter then please show me. The fact is he like 80% of the people in the day were against the Vietnam war. BTW Ayers turned out to be right about the war wasnt he? As usual the government doesnt care what the peons think (Remember the bailout?) so after peaceful protests, and writing to reps, and other methods that fell on deaf ears he lets a few small bombs off in a bathroom which harms no one and was not intended to harm no one. I guess if people started to rise up against our tyrannical government now for not listening to the people we would be terrorists too? See how that work? And right now we the people have MANY reasons right now to get the pitchforks out.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Ayers hasn't committed any "terrorist" acts in over 40 years. So, most of those accusations aren't relevant to begin with.

So, there's a statue of limitations on committing acts of terrorism?

And according to mybigunit, a few "small bombs" are no big deal. Just a little harmless prank. Guess he was just joshing around, huh?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

So, there's a statue of limitations on committing acts of terrorism?

And according to mybigunit, a few "small bombs" are no big deal. Just a little harmless prank. Guess he was just joshing around, huh?

Hmm let me ask you this who is the real terrorist the person who places some small bombs in a bathroom and near a statue which hurts no one or is sending thousands of men and women to fight and die in a war that was started by a false flag operation. A terrorist depends on who's pointing the finger and in the 60s Im sorry our governments terrorist style agenda far dwarfs that of this peon Ayers who BTW just to let you know I dont agree with in his communist views.

Edit to add I just think the idea that the people need to sit back and do nothing while our government usurps the will of the people and then laughs in our faces is a disgusting and is more unamerican than anything.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

Do you know a whit of what you are talking about?

Your entire list is made up of spun fables. That's right, first the original stories were spun, then fables created, and finally the fables were spun. You've referenced the Hollywood B-movie versions. Get a grip on the true stories and then compare your list those.

The other thing is that I could run off a factual short list of who McCain has sat down with for coffee and favors. Who held fundraisers at their home for him, and so forth. But I won't do that, not really the focus of this thread. However, if you absolutely want to know, just ask. Won't take me but 20 seconds to post it.

Ok... let me ask again and you can just answer me if you want to...

1. Did anyone ever see McCain over Ayers house for coffee and election planning?

2. Did John McCain receive 100 million dollars to go out into Chicago neighborhoods to incite children to defy authority?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Ok... let me ask again and you can just answer me if you want to...

Ill be glad to answer this....

1. Nope McCain was never over there. Instead McCain at about this time was lobbying to have his boys law passed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act which is one of the causes of our issues today.

2. Nope McCain didnt get money to incite children to defy authority. Instead he defying authority himself by intervening on behalf of Charles Keating who swindled thousands of elderly of their life savings.

3. Nope he didnt have numerous meetings with Ayers just Charles Keaing.

4. No Ayers did not launch his career but Charles Keating did.

Sigh we can play this game all day but noting gets done.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The Obama - Ayers thingy is sooooooo weak stream!!!

Get a grip! You better hope they don't dig too deep into the Keating 5 especially considering our current political climate regarding less than honest banking practices!!!

Obama was like 7 years old when Ayers was active with the Weathermen.

7 yrs old!!! Get real...a freakin terrorist...

That's like saying McCain fraternized with the NVC! Oh wait that's true right???

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Can you back up the donation to terrorism thing?

It wasn't a donation, it was a pay off to the Taliban and Osama for getting rid of the poppy farms. Unfortunately the poppy farms were still there. So the official explanation for giving the money doesn't hold up. And oops I was wrong, it was 43,000,000 in Late May, Early June.
May 2001 - Secretary of State Colin Powell gives $43 million in aid to the Taliban regime, purportedly to assist hungry farmers who are starving since the destruction of their opium crop in January on orders of the Taliban regime Los Angeles Times, May 22, 2001

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Thanks.

For people who are wondering, here is the link to what she is referring to:

U.S. gives $43 million to Afghanistan

Warning that Afghanistan is "on the verge of a widespread famine," Secretary of State Colin Powell Thursday announced a $43 million package in humanitarian assistance for the Afghan people.

The Taliban religious militia, which imposes a harsh brand of Islam, captured Afghanistan's capital, Kabul, in 1996 and now controls an estimated 95 percent of the country.

The sum brings U.S. assistance to $124.2 million for this year, making the United States the largest Afghan donor for the second year in a row.

*Edit to fix link.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
McCain has MANY shady "associations", aside from his very own Annenberg Challenge...

McCain's "Guilt by Associations"

Who really is McCain?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Personally, I liked the Daily Show's title, "Six Degrees of Desperation", a bit more. A great play on the great game, "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon".

Though I saw it on the Daily Show, there was actually a poster on here who in a moment of non-partisanship said that the association reminded him of that game.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That's a fun game. I can connect myself to the President because I met my Mayor who met the representitive who met another one who met the president! Anyways, hilarious. Ayers is such an evil terrorist McCain got his endorsement!

[edit on 9-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
That's like saying McCain fraternized with the NVC! Oh wait that's true right???

Who the heck is the "NVC"? Sort of like the QVC??

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon is a great game. If you hit a rut, just put in "played a stormtrooper on Star Wars". Works every time.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

...North Viet cong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join