It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Hong Kong, Police Clashes in Thailand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

There have been riots on the streets of Hong Kong following heavy losses at the city's Hang Seng index. The Hang Seng closed over 8% lower with losses in banks, communications companies and exploration companies.
source

Thai stocks and the baht fell, while the cost of protecting external debt from default surged, as police clashed with protesters surrounding parliament, deepening concern the political crisis will speed an exit by investors.
source

It's starting folks! How long before it happens here? Just what will it take to get the sleeping giant to awaken?

And how ugly will it get when it does awaken?

I hope it isn't necessary, but I admit, I've invested in lead, lentils and water. Is anyone else preparing for the worst?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thread on the thai situation here.....

6/pg1www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although not a direct result of the credit cruch, thais have been living under a fake credit scenario since recovering from the crash of the currency in 1997. The current situation seems more related to frustration with endemic corruption, although it could well be a sign of what we will see on the streets of L.A. next week.

Not unheard of here, as (some) security forces may have been coerced into stimulating the crowd..........but throwing grenades?

Please see the ink as the local photo journalist has documented the protests very well. It perhaps shows a broader analysis than the standard mainstream reports.

new topics

join