It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery illness kills four in South Africa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Personally I am more afraid of the weird freakin diseases coming from China (like bird flu). Have you notices all the flu's we get these days worldwide come originate in the Far East? That place make me nervous.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

No worries, you seem to have had more replies to your post and that is fine with me. As long as attention is drawn to the topic, then I don't care about getting personal "brownie" points.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Here is the link to the thread I started about the gorillas:
Ebolo kills over 5000 gorillas

Bear in mind that this link has nothing to do with this current medical mystery in South Africa.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I always seem to read about nasty tropical diseases after I arrive somewhere - I'm in Johannesburg at the moment.
Next trip is probably China. At least I haven't seen any reports of anything nasty in the Chengdu area, only the likelihood of devastating earthquakes.

At least back home in merry olde England I only have to keep myself safe from drunken chavs and the odd bout of Man-Flu, although all us guys know how incredibly bad that can be.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I would be more worried about being mugged or hijacked in JHB if I was you. And stay away from strangers bearing gifts.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I hear ya!

Staying in Sandton so shuttling with colleagues from / to the office in Woodmead and not straying from the immediate area alone (I'd want to be armed if I had to).

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't got the time to pull it up for y'all right now, about to duck out to go get more ammo for my blunderbuss, but I recall reading about a hundred monkeys coming out of Mindanao, Philippines back in the late 80s with a form of Ebola that transmitted via the air.

They knew they had Ebola signs, but they didn't know that it was a different strain. They handled them with the usual care to avoid direct contact due to the danger of catching it. Since the stuff lingered in the air, and was not just transmitted via saliva and bodily fluids as is typical with the standard Zaire strain, I think that you can see some reason for concern. CDC locked down the place and tested everyone. It had actually infected 4 of the researchers and was lying dormant, they ended up showing some slight symptoms, but they didn't get the Hemorrhagic Fever. I recall USAMIIRD being involved in work on the cleanup of that so they likely had a sample or two to play with...

Is it possible that this monkey virus has made the jump and can now hit us hard? If so, then you have to map out the virus and investigate the possibility that it was a manufactured virus while obviously working on a cure.

It's getting scary... they've been warning of the possibility of a weaponized Ebola as a possible weapon of "Rogue states" and "terrorists" so my Suspicion-O-Meter is going off. Combine this with what we know about HIV/AIDS being created and tested in the US, and then the "African Man-Monkey Sex Link", the admitted and declassified chemical and biological weapons testing by our government on its own unsuspecting citizens, including spraying entire cities and metro areas (SF bay area, NYC subway) with biological and chemical weapons to test dispersal ranges for various weapons, and the clearly callous view of the elite and shadow forces behind the scenes towards the "commoners", well I think that I really need to run out and get that ammo now!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ah Ebola I haven't heard about any cases of that in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if evolves even further into something much worse (if its even possible). It would make a perfect bio-weapon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join