It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New TASER Weapons Produced For Crowd Control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hmmm, it looks to me like this device is aimed fairly low, ( waist to knees) I'm not sure I'd want a barb in that general area at ALL; So it could be very effective, the second time, getting 50 thousand Volts thru your "Ho Ha" would definitely would make ya do the "happy dance". After seeing 6 or 8 fellows doing that, I think I would split the scene

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Taser XREP

XREP Cartridge suspended in epoxy

Originally posted by Zanzibar

Originally posted by Marked One
Just one shell costs about a $100 a piece.

There we go then, completely and utterly pointless. I can understand (but not advocate) the use of normal tasers, but all this claymore and shotgun nonsense is just that- nonsense.

It's just using the technology for the sake of it. A bean bag fired from a shotgun is going to do the same thing as a taser only it's far cheaper and safer. Same with water cannons fro crowd control/dispersal, it's cheap and relatively safe.

It seems that taster technology is just the 'in' thing at the moment eh?

If you have somebody who is hopped up on coc aine or PCP? A bean bag round or rubber slug is only going to piss them off. It won't stop them cold in their tracks unlike the Taser. Not to mention the fact that a Taser is also excellent for use in safely subduing a mentally-ill subject, preventing said subject from hurting themselves or another individual w/o inflicting any significant injury.

A few other things I need to mention is that the Shockwave is not specifically designed for use against innocent protesters. It is designed for use against unruly inmates in a correctional facility.

[edit on 10/10/08 by Marked One]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Since you can't AIM that thing at each individual... what happens when they start shooting little kids in the eyes? I'm sure it's great for a crowd of adults, but add a few kids... it's a no-go. I can't imagine little kids getting tased in the face will show well on TV.

<< 1   >>

join