It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New TASER Weapons Produced For Crowd Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

New TASER Weapons Produced For Crowd Control

www.prisonplanet.com

Everyone’s favourite stun gun manufacturer Taser has unveiled it’s latest loving piece of “non lethal” technology, The Taser Shockwave.

The new weapon is significantly different to the Tasers currently used by police in that it has six different electrified charges and is designed to target crowds rather than individuals.

The cartridges are tethered by 25-foot wires, which can be fired from a distance of up to 100 meters in a 20-degree arc. The “probes” on the end of the cartridges can pierce through clothing and skin, emitting 50,000 volts of electricity in the process.

“Full area coverage is provided to instantaneously incapacitate multiple personnel within that region” Taser explains.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From the Frankenstein labs of Taser comes a new stun-gun device to be used for indiscriminate crowd-control--just shoot the electrode darts blindly into the crowd, like a shotgun blast of human harpoons, and turn on the current.

Follow the link to see the other neat toys Taser is offering, such as Taser cartridges you can fire from a rifle.

Absolutely deranged, but surely Taser will be raking in 100s of millions of those Homeland defense/anti-terrorist bucks for these disgusting inventions.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

no one ever give credit to the thought that this may have uses that are not deranged or disgusting. i fully support the right to protest, our constitution IS being ignored IMO by the disruption of the most recent protests at conventions and such. but imagine if there was a prison yard where the jailes could not get control and people were bing killed, and jailes lives were at stake, then this weapon would control the crowd without the need for MORE LETHAL weapons. i do not attempt to say the tasers are NON lethal, we know that, but they are less lethal than a shotgun with double 0 buck loaded in it. i am willing to bet that this device WILL save some officers lives someday, my sister in law is a jailer, i would want her to have access to this in the case of an attempted revolt from dangerous prisoners. By the way, i have been an inmate a couple of times, so i can personally identify with both sides on the jailer issue, and i still believe they should have access to things like this.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Some good this is going to do against some nutjob decked out in an industrial rubber suit. Chances of that happening are slim to none, but someone would become the wiser eventually.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Holy Cow a freaking Tazer Claymore. This concerns me as well. I prefer real claymores that tears flesh and kills the enemy, not tazer them. No doubt politicians will jump at the chance on this tech to help make the U.S. military softer.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Gotta, a few years ago I was in France in a gunsmiths and I was looking at a taser device that could take out 3/4 people. That was about 3 years ago so I wonder have these devices been around for some time.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Tasers peirce the skin, up to 10mm and have to be pulled out by another person. something they Dont show you on cops.

You bleed pretty bad, it's not the shock that hurts its the Prongs, in the skin.

the new weapon:

Taser Shockwave(R)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hmmm..there's always a simple way to defeat such tactical uses of this device, just as there are others to simply counter other 'authoritarian threats' ...such as marbles or ball-bearings thrown on the ground in front of a charging riot-squad phalanx or mounted brigade to make them slip on their asses

i've got me thinking-cap on already...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Good, maybe throwing spuds at them will help...........

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

db, what's appalling about this electrical claymore is that it is not designed for military use but "crowd control." Protesters of any sort. Shot with a wired harpoon. It's sickening.

And doubtless if this is introduced, you'll see protesters with trashcan lids--back to the clashes of the ancient Greeks.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I can easily imagine how easily these barbs could pierce eyeballs and temples.
Enigma Publius, I strongly disagree with you. This weapon has no place being used against protesting civilians whatever the reason.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I can easily imagine how easily these barbs could pierce eyeballs and temples.

Exactly what I was thinking about. It has to be such a thrill having your eyes pierced just prior to those 50k volts going through your brain. Gotta love the defense industry. What a barbaric species. Yuck.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Think about this people. A crowd is akin to a hive mind- it's not easy to defeat, the only way to do is through a show of force or violence. A small taser claymore isn't remotely scary and could take out what, half a dozen people at a time?

I imagine that they're quite expensive to produce and very easy to break as well (losing the probes in people for instance) and there would have to be large amounts of these things to be a feasible method of crowd control.

Ranks of armoured and shield wielding police, water jets and canisters of tear gas on the other hand, are scary and therefore much more effective at controlling or defeating a crowd.

Pretty pointless technology is you ask me.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That's not all. They also have wireless model. A taser built into a 12 gauge shell to be launched via a specially made Mossberg pump action shotgun. Has the same effect as a regular taser unit. Only minus the wires. Just one shell costs about a $100 a piece.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
Just one shell costs about a $100 a piece.

There we go then, completely and utterly pointless. I can understand (but not advocate) the use of normal tasers, but all this claymore and shotgun nonsense is just that- nonsense.

It's just using the technology for the sake of it. A bean bag fired from a shotgun is going to do the same thing as a taser only it's far cheaper and safer. Same with water cannons fro crowd control/dispersal, it's cheap and relatively safe.

It seems that taster technology is just the 'in' thing at the moment eh?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Taser-tech is by no means a perfect replacement for bean bag rounds or rubber slugs or pepper-balls or live ammunition for that matter. And vice versa.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I started a thread on this a couple days ago.. here is the link to that thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You know this is really great (not!). It's not enough that we keep hearing about people dying from police tasers around here in Canada. To hear that now there are tasers for crowds is unbelievable. Why stop at killing one individual from one taser when you can kill a crowd of folks! Unfargin believable! What next?

I thought there was an article out not long ago that stated the RCMP never really researched the taser before adding it to their arsenal. Or am I mistaken? Did anyone see that article too by chance?

I think I would rather take my chances with a bullet to the leg or arm, than to be tasered if force had to be used to stop me ... thank you very much!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Think about this people. A crowd is akin to a hive mind- it's not easy to defeat, the only way to do is through a show of force or violence. A small taser claymore isn't remotely scary and could take out what, half a dozen people at a time?

I imagine that they're quite expensive to produce and very easy to break as well (losing the probes in people for instance) and there would have to be large amounts of these things to be a feasible method of crowd control.

Ranks of armoured and shield wielding police, water jets and canisters of tear gas on the other hand, are scary and therefore much more effective at controlling or defeating a crowd.

Pretty pointless technology is you ask me.

I could make the same thing at home for under £100, why do they complicate such simple technology.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What do you all have against crowd control, or this technology?

What would you do if you were in a group of 15 police officers and a crowd of 300+ started getting more and more violent?

Walk away? Ask them to please stop?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join