It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BANGKOK-Police throw bombs into a 30,000 strong crowd.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thank you OP for the thread. I had absolutely no idea about any of this. THIS IS THE VALUE OF ATS AND OTHER ALTERNATIVE NEWS SITES/FORUMS! The PTB clearly don't want any of us knowing about this so we must make it our business to know.

Originally posted by serpentine
Taksin Shinawatra (the thai ex owner of Manchester City FC) is supposed to be facing charges here on massive human rights abuses and has gone freely to the UK where it seems he has been welcomed with open arms.

Regarding this, please be assured that no-one here even knows who Taksin Shinawatra is, let alone the crimes he has committed. We clearly aren't 'meant' to know otherwise many more of us would be calling for his deportation. I do not believe in harbouring criminals and if it was up to me, this disgusting coward would be on the next plane back to Thailand.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is disgusting... i cant believe they would have the nerve to do this and call it 'crowd control'.

Im appauled.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
Thank you OP for the thread. I had absolutely no idea about any of this. THIS IS THE VALUE OF ATS AND OTHER ALTERNATIVE NEWS SITES/FORUMS! The PTB clearly don't want any of us knowing about this so we must make it our business to know.

Originally posted by serpentine
Taksin Shinawatra (the thai ex owner of Manchester City FC) is supposed to be facing charges here on massive human rights abuses and has gone freely to the UK where it seems he has been welcomed with open arms.

Regarding this, please be assured that no-one here even knows who Taksin Shinawatra is, let alone the crimes he has committed. We clearly aren't 'meant' to know otherwise many more of us would be calling for his deportation. I do not believe in harbouring criminals and if it was up to me, this disgusting coward would be on the next plane back to Thailand.

Ive seen that man on TV countless times during the soccer matches, im not surprised to hear hes not all that clean. I hope he gets sent back and gets his punishment.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I am starting to hate the human race and this planet.

We absolutely suck at life.

Too right, i think they probably plan to make us see the worst of what humans can be. Sickening, what people in power would do.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I was in Bangkok for over one month this last summer at Bumrungrad Hospital, due to non insurance here and not able to afford surgery here in U.S. At that time, there was no hint of a problem. I found Bangkok and the people there awesome, no one complained about anything. I am very sad to see this happening. What is going on? The MSM is not reporting about the riots yesterday in Hong Kong either - people trying to get their money out of the banks. I think it is completely gross and unbelievable that the police threw bombs in a crowd! This is sad!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I could not look beyond the first page - just disgusting and very distressing. I think it's really important you brought this to peoples attention

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Not the first time something like this has happend.

Face it...its a messed up world. All is not green grass and peachy roses.

Its reality. REAL reality.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"Force always attracts men of low morality. " -Einstein

Sorry guys. Something smells fishy about this. That frag grenade does not cause wound of that kind. Your leg does not blow off unless you're standing ontop of the grenade itself. I cannot say for sure what took off the protester's legs. Might not even be anything concussive.

Something's not right there. How did the photographer manage to take that picture? Might be a setup? Thailand's govt is besieged both from inside and out.

That's an old army grenade that has not been kept under the right conditions for a long time. Its rusting. If its rusted, the army would simply recycle it. That grenade might have been bought at the border. Thai Police aren't even issued with frag grenades.

Its not fair to simply say that the govt is at fault and the protesters are innocent. Politics there is really dirty. That cop may simply be paid-off to do such by a splinter group within the govt hoping to bring the current govt down. Or maybe PAD. Or whomever.

I still couldn't figure the real reason why the protesters are protesting. FYI, the chairman of the PAD is responsible for many crimes himself. Ask a thai. The PAD's backers are the wealthy and the elite wanting a change in the govt constitution where currently the poor states hold 50% of the seats and 50% goes to the other wealthier states..

The PAD backers simply want it reverted back to the old constitution where the poor had only 30% and the wealthy 70% for their reasoning is that the poor have no idea how the state should run. All they care is about their next meal. its a common mentality of the rich in thai. Not all but plenty.

The current govt was agreed upon by the PAD after Samak steps down. Yet they still protest, fed propaganda by the PAD themselves.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Einstein

PAD's simply feeing on the gullibility of its followers. Heck, so does the govt.

Thaksin, has many crimes and charges pressed against him yada, yada, yada, yada, yet how many people knew of the good he has done? Yes, he bribes alot and stuff but its a cultural thingy. Being in the govt, if you don't pay, you don't play.

Before Thaksin, there was no such thing as a $1 medical care. 5 Bhat. Its a small sum that the poor could afford. This was many years before he even became the prime minister. He gave money for food, water, medicine, shelter and education. Brought the country through the bird flu period. Even ate KFC and declared 'it's safe!'.

For all the bribery he's done and whatever crimes and charges levelled at him, he's done much more good. That's why the poor adore him. Because he gave many a chance to rise out of poverty. The wealthy are weary of him because he has the backing of the masses. Thaksin is no angel tho.

Don't buy in to the media anymore about thailand this or thailand that, Unless we are there to see for ourselves both side of the story, lest we get swept off our feet with all the media trash.

This writer has expressed many opinions that are his own and others who are living in Thailand. Have some people he know there. His uncle goes there often as well.

Its a really beautiful country that's breath taking but I am really sad to see the country and its people descend into chaos because of the greed and ulterior motives of the ruling classes.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Prometheus Ascendent]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well there is one photo there of one of the policemen trying to help an injured protestor.

Perhaps the photographer was just lucky to not get noticed taking pictures.

Quite a mess regardless.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

yea....that happens.

Perhaps he's one of the lucky ones not caught with the camera in the midst of the cops. I mean, he has to be amongst the cops to get that shot rite? Unless the grenade guy walks out of the police line to throw the frag.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i lived in thailand. the police in bangkok especially were extremely corrupt.it was so bad, it sickened me. the only reason a lot of them become police officers is so that they can steal money from other businesses/citizens. recently there has been a new police cheif that was trying to help the city and seemed fairly less corrupt. He still however had bars pay him off if they were opened past curfew, but he limited use to an hour each bar or so. i am not sure if in the past 2 months he was replaced.. or this was his doing, but i'd like to find out.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My god. How can words even describe such suffering and hate.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I hope those of you that complain about police brutality here in the US everytime someone gets tazered will count your blessings.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
If this can happen somewhere else why not here? You think America is really above it all?
[edit on 8-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

Yes, because we have laws which keep us in check. I can't see police in this country ever doing this, due to fear of prosecution and fear of what happens to policemen in prisons. Not necessarily because they don't WANT to, but because they are afraid of what would happen to them.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

I expect in the near future these sort of scenes will be re-played on the US stage...

And in some other Westrn countries that have been hit hard by the economic crisis & abused by their leaders.

The leaders will try to hold on to their power & in the struggle, will try what ever means needed to keep that power.

US, this is a forewarnning, look at those pics..!! This could be US citizens next, if you don't act now, while your current government isn't quite ready to make it's move.

reply to post by sos37

Your kidding right?

If a dictator or wannabe dictator wants to stay in power, he'll do whatever it takes.

Think the army or police in a police state have a consience?

Mabe they do. But fear of what their own leaders will do to them if they disobey orders, greatly outweighs their fear or love of the people.

Think Russian troops actually enjoyed shooting people trying to get over the wall? Hell no, but the alternative to letting someone get away, far exeeded their desire to actually give the person a leg up instead & mabe climb over themselves.

Don't think for a second that just because the US is a "errrm", free country, the same wouldn't apply to your troops or police.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I posted some info anonymously, about the car bomb, the fact that PAD were armed etc, but here is some more info...

"Police identified the man killed by a car bomb near parliament on Tuesday as Methee Chatmontri, a former police colonel and relative of a People's Alliance for Democracy leader ... During a visit to injured police officers in hospital, Somchai defended their use of teargas against the protesters. Police were stabbed with steel bars, flag poles and even shot. The rally wasn't as peaceful as the protesters claimed, he said."
www.iol.co.za...

Why didn't the OP link to pics of the wounded police?

"Both sides have accused the other of using excessive force. Police insist they only used tear gas but questions have arisen over whether tear gas canisters could blow off limbs and toes and feet, some of the more gruesome injuries suffered by protesters. Police have also faced criticism for mishandling the tear gas and firing it in a way that increased the chances for injuries. The police fired tear gas canisters directly into the crowd, rather than aiming away from the protesters and letting the wind carry the gas into the crowd — as is the general practice with riot police. Meanwhile, police say they believe some demonstrators were hurt by explosives they themselves were carrying. Protesters said their gathering was peaceful, but many used iron rods, slingshots, firecrackers and bottles to attack police. An AP Television News reporter saw at least three protesters carrying guns."
ap.google.com...

"Until today, PAD has been losing political momentum, but Tuesday's violence could reinvigorate the support base."
www.ft.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Dont you people get it???? WHen there's a revolution, the people that replace the old dictators, also themselves become corrupt over time and eventually another revolution is needed, then they become corrupt.

Its a never ending cycle!!!!!!!!! Divine intervention will be the only way, when 1 day all people are enlightened and walk with God, then there will be no corruptions and we will have a utopia.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by sos37

Your kidding right?

If a dictator or wannabe dictator wants to stay in power, he'll do whatever it takes.

Think the army or police in a police state have a consience?

Mabe they do. But fear of what their own leaders will do to them if they disobey orders, greatly outweighs their fear or love of the people.

Think Russian troops actually enjoyed shooting people trying to get over the wall? Hell no, but the alternative to letting someone get away, far exeeded their desire to actually give the person a leg up instead & mabe climb over themselves.

Don't think for a second that just because the US is a "errrm", free country, the same wouldn't apply to your troops or police.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Ironclad]

Nope, I'm not kidding at all. Tell me when was the last time the United States was run by a dictator? Right.

What was the point of our founding fathers coming to a new land and establishing a new nation in the first place? Wasn't it to escape tyranny? Right.

So no, I don't see it happening in this country because we DO have laws in place which WILL keep us in check or else. Videos caught by civilians of police beatings have been aired by the media time and again and each time those officers are held accountable for their actions (with the exception of the Rodney King cops and that sparked one of the largest modern riots in U.S. history).

This country's weakness is also it's strength - the two party system. We don't get much accomplished because we're constantly arguing with each other, but by golly each side keeps each other in check and won't let the other side have a leg up. That shows up in our laws.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Anybody else ready to get the f**k off this rock?

I hear that... and so does he....

edition.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join