It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BANGKOK-Police throw bombs into a 30,000 strong crowd.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As we watch the result of our western banking system of credit bring us to our kness, one must wonder what the motivation behind the behaviour of the thai police was yesterday when they hurled grenades into a 30,000 crowd strong crowd, in theory to assist in dispersing them. The PAD are an alliance of patriotic thais, generally at the end of their tether with the corrupt politians that have raped this rich country for so long. For all english ATS users, please take note that the ex owner of Manchester City FC is seeking exile in the UK right now, and still calling the shots to his proxy government. The protesters have occupied the grounds of the parliament house for weeks in an effort to draw attention to the crimes of this man. Although banking systems are different here, the big money is held within a wealthy few, and this man fled recently as he realised he could not buy his way out of jail. It is a sad state of affairs. Put pressure on your MP to deny him safe haven. He was democratically elected, and removed by a coup military as it became apparent that he was doing what Bush abd Cheney and posse are doing in the US. Lining his pockets with no regard fot his people or the consequences. Please look at these photos from around the parliament house over the last few days. They are disturbing as we see police act in such an irresponsible manor towards what was generally a cross section of thais gathered peacefully.
Another example of NWO style tactics. Security forces used against the people for the benefit of a few corrupt people who do not represent the best wishes of the prolateriat.
If there are any ATS users in Thailand right now please U2U me.
Thanks

*WARNING* GRAPHIC IMAGES-VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK

www.flickr.com...

Mod Edit: Graphic Image Warning.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
BTW I posted this here because although it is very much a thai issue, it is not the first time regular security forces have used excessive force on people who are in theory demonstrating their democratic right to protest. Chances are a few of the police were paid to disrupt the rally. Such activity is common here in S.E., Asia as the wealthy minority use their money to keep the regular people at bay.

The relevance to ATS is that incidents such as this have happened here every couple of years, in a peaceful BUDDHIST country with a huge tourist trade. Due to the nature of corruption and a wealthy elite, it is not unexpected.

And it is the type of thing alot of people here on ATS are fearing will happen in the US.

Taksin Shinawatra (the thai ex owner of Manchester City FC) is supposed to be facing charges here on massive human rights abuses and has gone freely to the UK where it seems he has been welcomed with open arms. He is responsible for 3000 plus extra judical killings as well as blatent murder, where his cronies, acting under his direct orders locked almost 100 muslim protestors in refridgeration trucks and a majority died a horrible death by suffocation as they were transported hundreds of kilometres in sealed containers in excessive heat. The list goes on.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Oh my god

can you please put in your post with bold letters that the photos are having some explicit content?

This sickens me, those people should be liberated

A sad day in Thai history

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sorry about that. The Flicker folio has dozens of photos showing the day and the few days up to it. There are a couple that are very graphic.

SORRY FOR LACK OF WARNING. The order changes as the journalist posts more.

Although they bloody ones are horrible, they seem more shocking if you see the family photos of the peaceful protests only hours before. The gathered crowd are a cross section of pro democracy thais loyal to the buddhist teachings of the current king whom is held in the highest esteem by almost all thais. The PAD (Peoples Alliance for Democracy) have been gathered for weeks in the grounds of the parliament, causing some ministers to relocate. Although they forced their way into the compound, the police were told not to instigate any violence, but simply to control the crowd. Things turned ugly fast as the new PM got sick of the protestors.

He has barely been in office weeks and is related and ruling by proxy for Taksin Shinawatra.

Lesson here, just like what happened at the rally in Denver, if cops become victim to apparent violence (that may not have actually come from the protestors), they will get away with murder. As mentioned in another post, this may become the norm.

By using extreme measures people may quickly become to afraid to fight back and the war against oppression is lost.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Star and flag. This police violence is extreme, uncivilized and abhorent. The pictures are quite graphic. I cannot even begin to think about if that had happened in demonstrations that I have been in.

Everyone photodocument everything. History has to know how evil men can be.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Although the images are very graphic and I was a bit floored I have to say thank you for posting the information.

My question is where in the hell does this type of "people" fit into a One World (NWO) scheme? If that is the way we are headed as many anticipate, where do "they" fit in? How do the other Leaders foresee incorporating such an abhorrent and violent mentality into the whole dynamic? Raises a lot of questions.

Thanks to you I did some reading on the issues which otherwise I wouldn't have even been aware of...it's really not in the prime news and I can imagine why.

Starred and flagged

As for the images don't apologize for the graphic nature...sometimes that kind of violence has to be seen to be fully understood and comprehended.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've been keeping track with the Thai protests since August, and I can hardly believe what I'm seeing there.

My wife and I went to Phuket on holiday on August 20 and were scheduled to leave on Friday the 29th. Due to protests and the closure of the airport, we were stuck there until the following Tuesday. We ended up catching a ride with two other couples from Phuket to Bangkok after we were given notice that the airport would be closed 'indefinitely.' That drive took around 12 long hours - needless to say we were happy to get home.

Given I was there and saw what was happening, it really saddens me that it had to come to such violence. None of the protesters we ever encountered were violent - the only thing that made the situation worse was that we didn't understand the language and we were constantly in the dark regarding what was going on.

Those pictures are horrifying, and that amount of aggression displayed by any government against its people is unwarranted.

I think the image of the policeman stamping on a protester's head says it all.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. ~George Orwell

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I will recieve a warning or worse if i truely express my feelings about this issue.

Having travelled to Thailand a number of times i love the country and it's people and am INFURIATED by what is occuring there.

This world is getting quite simply ridiculous. I saw a snippet of the news last night and they were reporting on a bloody 'fan day' for a popular sporting team here (In Sydney) and yet did i see or hear anything about this hideous act against these unarmed protesters? Hell no.

I have almost had enough of this crap.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I wonder if they thought about the fact that the entire world can view pictures of this disgusting police brutality over the web. Sadly I have to wonder if they even care, evidently they have very little regard for human life. For those who think our own police would protect us in such a situation, really? If this can happen somewhere else why not here? You think America is really above it all?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

CNN could really do alot better in their reporting. The article's full of fluff and really fails to get the point across that there is horrible violence occurring. The article title refers to 'bloody rioting' as if it were the protesters responsible for bloodshed.

Demonstrators accused police of using grenades; authorities denied it and say they only used tear gas on the crowd.

The article does touch on the violence issue, but from what I've seen in the above photos it's alot worse than what's being reported.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
How can there police use grenades against it's own people without the powers of the world not taking them out?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I wonder if they are changing the meaning of “tear gas”. Kind of like how the Bush administration has tried to change the meaning of torture.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I work at a Thai restaurant where I live and when the cruise ships are in, we get alot of the crew from the boat into our spot to eat. It's quiet, the passengers don't generally bother us as we don't have the type of food they are looking for and they enjoy the peace and quiet away from work. Many of the crew are SE Asian with many Thai people amongst them. Over the course of the summer and previous summers, as some are returning from season's past, I have got to know a few of the people.

This afternoon, I was talking to them about this. They said from what little info they can get from home, it's even worse than what's being reported. fatalities are higher, numbers of protesters and police are larger, etc...

Some of them have family in that crowd protesting. They were almost in tears talking about it today. They are really afraid for their families and they aren't sure if they will go home after their contract is up this year.

Very much like what was happening in Burma/Myanmar last year, except that it isn't monks this time;it's the people.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
For those who think our own police would protect us in such situation, really? If this can happen somewhere else why not here? You think America is really above it all?

A VERY good point, and with the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team coming home for the purpose of "help with civil unrest and crowd control" of American citizens... the threat is VERY real.

I know many say that these troops would never harm fellow American citizens; however, history, along with the Zombardo Prison Experiment, has shown time and time again that, with enough power/authority granted, individuals behave in ways that even they would not have predicted.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am starting to hate the human race and this planet.

We absolutely suck at life.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This concerns me deeply.I have a very dear friend who lives in Thailand but fortunately up in Chiang Mai, although they are looking at moving more towards Bangkok for work.Its funny how this seems to affect you more when ones you care about could be involved.Thai people are good people, but like Americans they have a retarded government

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The police always protects those in power. And this is never good, because those in power are never good.
Maybe at those rare times when a country gets a fresh start and establishes a police, all is good, but soon those in power are corrupted and establish their own means to hold on to power forever for them their friends an relatives. The police will still be there to protect them, no matter how evil and corrupt they get

See that quote "Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

"Lord of the rings" got it right, there are 0.0001% people who don't get corrupted by "power". But because they never seek it, they never get it

I am curious, we should make a list of good rulers and governments in human history, that worked for the people. How many are they ?

[edit on 9-10-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Anybody else ready to get the (Snip) off this rock?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by asala]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The new article on CNN has warped and watered-down the story again. The title reads, " Thai protest leaders say they will surrender," which sounds like they're giving up. Read the article however, and it says "...but vowed to continue their sit-in at the prime minister's office after posting bail." So then they're not giving up...90% or more people visiting the CNN website just skim the headlines, leaving them with a warped sense of reality.

edition.cnn.com...

It then goes on to say:

Police insist they only used tear gas but questions have arisen over whether tear gas canisters could blow off limbs and toes and feet, some of the more gruesome injuries suffered by protesters.

Meanwhile, police say they believe some demonstrators were hurt by explosives they themselves were carrying. Protesters said their gathering was peaceful, but many used iron rods, slingshots, firecrackers and bottles to attack police. An AP Television News reporter saw at least three protesters carrying guns.

So now the protesters have guns and stun grenades, and are blowing themselves to bits? We see the image of the policeman with the grenade in his hand in the images above - what a crock of BS and an utter disgrace.

While I was there, the media coverage was shockingly poor -- we had no idea what was going on for 4 days. Now the coverage is not only poor, it's biased beyond belief.

[edit on 9/10/08 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The western press are complicit in these events. They spent much time in Iraq reporting crap about EFPs coming from Iran into Iraq and other Iranian hardware that wasn't so... one has to wonder why Cops throwing hand grenades has strangely slipped by them ???

BTW: I check numerous sources, that grenade looks like an M67 and it's not a stun or training grenade

M67 FRAGMENTATION HAND GRENADE
The components of the M67 fragmentation hand grenade (Figure 1-7) are:
Body: steel sphere with a scored steel spring for fragmentation.
Filler: 6.5 ounces of Composition B.
Fuse: M213.
Weight: 14 ounces.
Safety Clip.
a. Capabilities. The average soldier can throw the M67 grenade 35 meters. The
effective casualty-producing radius is 15 meters and the killing radius is 5 meters.
b. Colors and Markings. The M67 grenade has an olive drab body with a single
yellow band at the top. Markings are in yellow.

Thai protest leaders say they will surrender
PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung), Austria - 1 hour ago
AP reporters saw police using stun grenades. Police also have faced criticism for firing the tear gas canisters directly at the crowd, rather than aiming ...
Thai court rules no treason charge for protesters Radio Australia

THAILAND: Another Bout of Military Rule?
Inter Press Service, Italy - 20 hours ago
The security forces fired volleys of teargas and lobbed stun grenades into the crowd, which reacted by hurling stones and firecrackers back at the police. ...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Unknown Perpetrator]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join