It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day and The Hour is Unknown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hm, my mind is still warming up since I just woke up, ah.

Also I never ment to say that Christ was deceived.

Any way, what part of the message do you claim to be twisted btw?

Also, those hanging onto the phrase " the day and the hour is unknown, "
Ask yourself, was those words referring to those living at that time, saying that back then no one knew, and that specific phrase didn't speak for the future of man kind knowledge.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Scarcer]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Hm, my mind is still warming up since I just woke up, ah.

Also I never ment to say that Christ was deceived.

Any way, what part of the message do you claim to be twisted btw?

Also, those hanging onto the phrase " the day and the hour is unknown, "
Ask yourself, was those words referring to those living at that time, saying that back then no one knew, and that specific phrase didn't speak for the future of man kind knowledge.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Scarcer]

Good Morning.

I know you didn't mean to say he was deceived, as you were posing the questions.

Pretty much the whole message is what I mean to be twisted.

Let me give you the most direct example I can give. It's in the form of two questions. Since this is kind of an experiment, please answer with yes or no for illustration purposes. I'm truly interested in what you think, but for the sake of this, again, just yes or no answers.

1st.
Do you know (by experience) what happens when you die?

2nd.
Do you know (by experience) what happens while you are alive?

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes, Jesus will return as promised. His space ship will be seen in the clouds and there will be no doubt he has arrived to settle and save the earth from the destroyers. But will the staunch believers continue when they discover he was an ET?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
However, you saying that the beasts are the witnesses still isn't making sense to me. In the NLT, it says:

"But after three and a half days, God breathed life into them, and they stood up! Terror struck all who were staring at them. Then a loud voice from heaven called to the two prophets, "Come up here!" And they rose to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watched."

Sorry, but if you are saying that the witnesses are the two beasts, you are wrong. God would not call the beasts to heaven, he would not call them prophets, he would not send them dressed in burlap, and he definitely would not say that they were the two olive trees and two lampstands that stand before the Lord of all the earth. Is this what you're saying?

You lack something in your observation... In that version you read...

Is not "from" an indication that that something said, "Come up here!", is not heaven saying such? From heaven? If it is from heaven, then it aint heaven nor heavenly. And if it aint heaven, then it is hell or hellishly.

Now re-read Rev 11 with "the" insight I give you. And after doing so you should see that the II sure as hell dont do what that God say concerning go "to" heaven. Naw, the II are heaven, and will never come before heaven because that would mean being outside heaven.

Let me bring you up knowledge. at, to, by, beside, under, above, over, on, off, before, behind, in, as, like, of, and the alike imply not being it nor being the person, but outside it or outside the person.

But be clear that on and off can imply turned on or turned off also. It is only you who should read for seeing the layers.

Only words which do imply being it or being the person is "be", "am", "into", and "through".

The difference between "in" and "into" is "into" is as implying being 'outside outside' which implies just being it or the person. Think of a closed wooden box... outside the wooden box is outside and outside the wooden box is also inside, but the wood being the box itself, neither is outside nor inside where there is air, is 'outside outside' it (being the wooden box itself).

So the II "before" the Lord is implying the II arent the title nor in it (also implying not outside controlling it). Being the title or in the title shall damn any because it is the snare.

God? A title? A title with a voice? I sure wouldnt want being who the voice is, because if you're that title (God), then you are outside "the" Person. So do see the would-be foes have been assigned all titles because they are marked snared already. Read for the "I" saying, not for the names or titles saying when reading the bible. And be careful which "I" say you read.

Understand "a man" yet in Mark 13 and Matt 24 concerning who know? Is not "a man" also used in Rev 13 concerning who is 666? So indeed is the 2nd beast the last witness. And the last witness is mentioned in Matt 24 concerning being just before the end.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Maybe this was repeated before, but I don't have the time to read every post.

Listen to this. Jesus referees to himself as the Son of God.

The quote originally displayed was talking about the Son of Man, Mans creation arguably. Also saying that many will be deceived. 'Some will see him in the desert, some will see im in other places.'

Sounds a lot like the rumors about Project Blue Beam huh?

Now go back to genesis. Something here is a lot deeper than once thought.

It talks about the Daughters of Man, as well as the Sons of God. Maybe this is a bad reference since these are two different books.

But see what I am saying?
Son of man, is Mans creation, Man ultimately is evil at heart. PBB; the false prophets, the deceptions, multiple locations, all to do what? Create a one world religion.

..... This is welcome to input/change.

But then the question is, What really will be Christs coming?

Or.... was Christ some how deceiving us the whole time?

I'm a Highly Theistic, yet Agnostic Christian atm. So I'm open to all explainations.

Hi there, Scarcer. I can answer your questions somewhat, but I only gave into my faith fully a couple months ago and have dived in head first. There is still much for me to read and learn, but I think I can shed some light on what you are asking.

About him "being seen in the desert" and such, is this what you are talking about?

"Then if anyone tells you, 'Look, here is the Messiah', or 'There he is', don't believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God's chosen ones. See, I have warned you about this ahead of time."

"So, if someone tells you, "Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,' don't bother to go and look. Or, 'Look, he is hiding here,' don't believe it! For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes."

So, it is not that Jesus will be in these places, but that false prophets will try to deceive people into believing that. When that happens, don't believe it! It says many will be decieved by these false prophets and false messiahs including "if possible, even God's chosen ones". Does this clear things up at all?

As far as why he is called the Son of Man, all that really says is that he is a human being. He is actually the Son of God and is therefore fully God, but he is also a human being. When he calls himself the Son of Man, he is saying that he is the Messiah. Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.

God knew that by making his Son human, Jesus would suffer like the rest of us and therefore, he could help those who were suffering and relate to them in a way that they would understand. Jesus died so that we could live. He is our salvation. He is the Son of Man because he saved us. The holy trinity is a little confusing and this is of course, open to correction, but I think that is the gist of why he is called the Son of Man.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Any one who sees things remote is a prophet, said Nastradomus. PPl wonder who or what is the Son... Yet they are realizing that even the knowledge outside of their reach concerning the Son is remote about the Son. That is the Clue to what the Son is. The Son is the remote.

So you are following Nostradamus now? "The Son is the remote?" So are you saying that the "Son" is a general term for all things that we do not know? You are getting off into mysticism and new-age thinking, in my opinion.

PEOPLE, BEWARE OF AND AVOID THESE TEACHINGS!!!

Look at what Paul says here, and please, don't disregard this or skim over this. This is from Scripture itself, plain and simple:

"But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. (Other translations: "the simplicity that is in Christ.") 4For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough." -2 Corinthians 11. Paul says in another place that if someone preaches a gospel other than the one he delivered, that person should be eternally condemned! Was he arrogant? No! He had been given the truth and knew that men would start to come in and deceive the people away from it. That's what the book of Galatians is essentially about. Read it people! So many people ignore the Bible and follow all kinds of other teachings, or else they follow the teachings of men who do not hold to the simple, clear teachings of Scripture.

And this: Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions. 19He has lost connection with the Head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow. -Colossians 2.

I am not saying that Mabus and others are worshiping angels. I am saying they are departing from the simplicity that is in Christ. I would think that is evident. "Spiritual" things to God is simple obedience to His ways and commands as given in Christ. Jesus said himself: Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. -John 14:21.

In no way do I think you need "extra-knowledge" or anything to read and understand the Bible. I am not saying there are no deep things in Scripture, because there are. I am saying that you can understand it's simple message by simply reading it. Millions upon millions have done so throughout the past centuries. The Bible is so important because it reveals the truth to us, it is literaly "breathed out" by God! Men wrote as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit! (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).

2 Peter 1:21 says For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. I am sad to see the Bible being attacked so much today by people who are biased. I have read much on both sides of the argument: both those who say the Bible is trustworthy and those who say it isn't. I fully believe that it is a trustworthy document. The amazing amount of manuscripts we have, the fact that they agree almost 100% and the dead-sea scrolls, which were hundreds of years older, almost 100% matching with the current manuscripts at that time, also add to the credibility. Look into it with an open heart and truly want to find the truth and be willing to accept it.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by tolovethetruth]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus

You lack something in your observation... In that version you read...

Is not "from" an indication that that something said, "Come up here!", is not heaven saying such? From heaven? If it is from heaven, then it aint heaven nor heavenly. And if it aint heaven, then it is hell or hellishly.

Now re-read Rev 11 with "the" insight I give you. And after doing so you should see that the II sure as hell dont do what that God say concerning go "to" heaven. Naw, the II are heaven, and will never come before heaven because that would mean being outside heaven.

Let me bring you up knowledge. at, to, by, beside, under, above, over, on, off, before, behind, in, as, like, of, and the alike imply not being it nor being the person, but outside it or outside the person.

But be clear that on and off can imply turned on or turned off also. It is only you who should read for seeing the layers.

Only words which do imply being it or being the person is "be", "am", "into", and "through".

The difference between "in" and "into" is "into" is as implying being 'outside outside' which implies just being it or the person. Think of a closed wooden box... outside the wooden box is outside and outside the wooden box is also inside, but the wood being the box itself, neither is outside nor inside where there is air, is 'outside outside' it (being the wooden box itself).

So the II "before" the Lord is implying the II arent the title nor in it (also implying not outside controlling it). Being the title or in the title shall damn any because it is the snare.

God? A title? A title with a voice? I sure wouldnt want being who the voice is, because if you're that title (God), then you are outside "the" Person. So do see the would-be foes have been assigned all titles because they are marked snared already. Read for the "I" saying, not for the names or titles saying when reading the bible. And be careful which "I" say you read.

Understand "a man" yet in Mark 13 and Matt 24 concerning who know? Is not "a man" also used in Rev 13 concerning who is 666? So indeed is the 2nd beast the last witness. And the last witness is mentioned in Matt 24 concerning being just before the end.

Sorry Mabus, you will never convince me that God's witnesses are the two beasts, never. The Bible does not say that and not one single Bible scholar says that. I find it hard to believe that you know something no one else knows. I will stick to what the book actually says and the conclusions of the scholars. I really don't know what you are talking about and you speak in confusing words on top of that. There is exactly zero chance that the BEASTS are God's witnesses and prophets, ZERO chance. If that's what you believe, that's your own business.
But it will never be what I believe because that's not what it says.

As a matter of fact, there is absolutely no doubt that one witness is Elijah.

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." Mal 4,5,6

The second witness is all but certainly Moses. Both Elijah and Moses are Jews. The olive tree represents the Jews or Isreal, NOT the beast. You really have no idea what you're talking about. It seems like you are twisting everything to fit where you want it to fit and completely abandon the truth of the word of God.

edit: typos and extra content

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Kratos1220]

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Kratos1220]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
guys, jesus never existed. plenty of evidence to support this, and atleast 25 past mythical deities with the same story as jesus, all existed before his time. maybe his story is based upon a true figure, and maybe some stories in the bible and other texts hold some sort of truth in regards to history, but its amazing to me how people hold onto mythical figures as if they're real.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Jesus comes back? Again?

How many UPs has this guy stored?

[edit on 9.10.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am curious as to how Mabus, with such atrocious grammatical sentence structure can go about analyzing biblical texts and devise these obscure conclusions based on his "understanding" of lexical semantics.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tolovethetruthSo you are following Nostradamus now? "The Son is the remote?" So are you saying that the "Son" is a general term for all things that we do not know? You are getting off into mysticism and new-age thinking, in my opinion.

Seeing what someone said is not following them. But if I follow a name, it means I am not the name nor in it.

Let me put it a context way:

Matt 24

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

^^Read it whole. You do see the Son having to do with DESTRUCTION implyied with the word carcase, do you not?

You also see "as" lightning does not imply lightning, but indeed implies what a remote control operation does. Think about the remote for your T.V... What comes when you press a button does come "as" lightning (implying not lightning since such would actually fry the T.V.).

So you should see the Son is the remote Destroyer.

What I get into is even what the bible makes clear. And "the" Person is so coming with modern terms revelant away from ancient terms, though the ancient terms still implies truth.

You seem not getting the seed thing mentioned with the bible? It grows into a tree. Such is how bible knowledge is meant for growing. The growing revealing things already more and more clear.

Example: When you allow the apply concerning the seed growth into the modern:

DAN 12
10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked (awesome) shall do wickedly (awesomely): and none "of" the wicked (awesome) shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

^^"Of" implies not "the" awesome person. And so is implies "outside" which implies none outside the awesome shall understand just such.

I can reveal more with the same quote, but I'll hold off.

And I am the wicked. But through modern terms which are hip and slang 'figures of speeches', since I do do awesomely, which those outside me understand not till I make them wise with my awesome way in getting thinsg way understtod. Example: Yeah, do you see that car? It is wicked!

The whole figurative aspect the bible is meant for actualizing into modernly. The same with metaphoric aspect. The truth leaves no aspect dead. So it is how come knowledge shall increase through a simple small seed which grows enough for you each.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tolovethetruth

PEOPLE, BEWARE OF AND AVOID THESE TEACHINGS!!!

Look at what Paul says here, and please, don't disregard this or skim over this. This is from Scripture itself, plain and simple:

"But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. (Other translations: "the simplicity that is in Christ.")
4For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough."
-2 Corinthians 11. Paul says in another place that if someone preaches a gospel other than the one he delivered, that person should be eternally condemned!

First off, welcome to posting tolovethetruth and peace be to you.

Are you preaching the gospel Paul delivered to you? I'm not talking about the one above, as that wasn't delivered to you nor addressed to you. Did Paul preach to you Jesus?

So many people ignore the Bible and follow all kinds of other teachings, or else they follow the teachings of men who do not hold to the simple, clear teachings of Scripture.

"You search the scriptures, for in them you think you have life"
Jesus said this to the "separatists" (Pharisees), because they had a false understanding of the the truth, and this understanding is still alive today and being preached, even by yourself.

Isa 44:1 And now listen, My servant Jacob, and Israel whom I have elected.
Isa 44:2 So says Jehovah, who made you and formed you from the womb. He helps you. Do not fear, My servant Jacob; and you, Jeshurun whom I have elected.
Isa 44:3 For I will pour water on a thirsty place, and floods on the dry ground. I will pour My Spirit on your seed, and My blessing on your offspring.
Isa 44:4 And they shall sprout as among grass, as willows by streams of water.
Isa 44:5 This one shall say, I am Jehovah's; and this one will call himself by the name of Jacob; and this one shall write with his hand, For Jehovah, and be surnamed by the name of Israel.
Isa 44:6 So says Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of Hosts: I am the First, and I am the Last; and there is no God except Me.
Isa 44:7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare this, and set it in order before Me, since I placed the people of old? And as to things to come, even which shall come, let them declare concerning them.
Isa 44:8 Do not dread, nor be afraid. Have I not declared and made you hear since then? So you are My witnesses: Is there a God besides Me? Yea, there is none. I have not known a Rock.
Isa 44:9 Those who form a carved image are all of them vanity. And their delights do not profit; and they are their own witnesses. They do not see, nor know, that they may be ashamed.
Isa 44:10 Who has formed a god, or poured out an image to no profit?
Isa 44:11 Behold, all his companions shall be ashamed; and the craftsmen, they are from men. They shall assemble, all of them shall stand; they shall dread; they shall be shamed together.
Isa 44:12 He carves iron with a tool; he works in the coals and forms it with hammers, and works it with his powerful arm; then he is hungry, and has no strength; he drinks no water and is weary.
Isa 44:13 He fashions wood, and stretches a line; he marks it with a stylus; he shapes it with a carving tool, and he marks it with a compass. And he makes it according to the figure of a man, as the beauty of a man, to sit in the house.
Isa 44:14 He cuts down cedars and takes cypress and oak, and he makes the trees of the forest strong for him. He plants a tree, and rain makes it grow.
Isa 44:15 And it shall be for a man to burn; yea, he takes of them and is warmed; and he kindles it and bakes bread. Yea, he makes a god and worships; he makes a carved image and bows to it.
Isa 44:16 He burns half of it in the fire; he eats flesh on half of it; he roasts roast, and is satisfied. Then he warms himself and says, Ah, I am warm; I have seen the fire.
Isa 44:17 And he makes a god of the rest, his carved image; he bows to it and worships, and prays to it, and says, Deliver me, for you are my god.
Isa 44:18 They do not know nor discern; for He has smeared their eyes from seeing, their hearts from understanding.
Isa 44:19 And not one turns back to his heart, nor has knowledge nor discernment to say, I have burned half of it in the fire; and I also have baked bread on its coals. I have roasted flesh and have eaten it; and I have made the rest of it into an idol. Shall I bow to a product of a tree?
Isa 44:20 Feeding on ashes, a deceived heart turns him aside, and he does not deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?

Isa 44:21 Remember these, O Jacob, and Israel. For you are My servant; I have formed you; you are My servant, O Israel; you shall not forget Me.
Isa 44:22 I have blotted out your transgressions like a thick cloud; and your sins like a cloud. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.
Isa 44:23 Sing, O heavens, for Jehovah has done it. Shout, O lower parts of the earth; burst forth into praise, O mountains. O forest and every tree in it, sing praise, because Jehovah has redeemed Jacob, and He glorifies Himself in Israel.
Isa 44:24 So says Jehovah, your Redeemer and your Former from the womb; I am Jehovah who makes all things; stretching out the heavens, I alone spreading out the heavens. Who was with Me,
Isa 44:25 frustrating the signs of liars; yea, He makes divining ones mad, turning wise ones backward, and making their knowledge foolish.
Isa 44:26 He confirms the word of His servant, and completes the counsel of His messengers. He says to Jerusalem, You will be filled; and to the cities of Judah, You shall be built; and, I will raise up its ruins.

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

I saw Zeitguist also, some good info in there, but in all honesty it is just a movie.

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

The II witnesses are not God's.

Though, you may think such otherwise while not up with a knowledge increase.

The word "of" God? The word 'outside' God I get clear.

I make small words clear. That is why you can say you see confusion with the word play I use. Some times the smallest words have the biggest truth told and make mysteries no longer mysteries.

Example concerning seeing words more clear how the bible is intended read for:

If I put a gun "to" you. VS. If you go "to" heaven.

^^You'd indeed be what? Outside heaven just like outside the gun? Yes, and that is so implicating you are a hell that can be in hell, since outside heaven. It is clear enough now the word play I use? I can go in and out using the word play, but I mark the intent in which I want what I say read just so it is understood.

Anyway, any outside heaven are remotely damned when the Son actualize clear against those outside heaven.

I am being heaven though here on this planet while using this temporary flesh. I never left heaven. The worthy never left being heaven. So the whole worthy be "the" Person, not the name or the title no matter how significant those seem. Those are snares. And so the name I have to me is not me, but it "the" Person remotely control. All implying anything in my name are controlled into doing so because they are snared and shall take the remote order beating "the" Person left em.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tolovethetruth

I am not saying that Mabus and others are worshiping angels. I am saying they are departing from the simplicity that is in Christ. I would think that is evident.

This is where the "false humility" would come in and what should be evident is not, that is the simplicity of Christ.

Jesus said himself: Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. -John 14:21.

At what time ever has Jesus given you his commands? How have you loved him that he has become manifest to you?

In no way do I think you need "extra-knowledge" or anything to read and understand the Bible.

Indeed, but whatever the spirit gives to you in that hour speak it. Do not premeditate what you should say.

I am not saying there are no deep things in Scripture, because there are. I am saying that you can understand it's simple message by simply reading it. Millions upon millions have done so throughout the past centuries.

"To those on the inside is it given to know the mysteries of the kingdom, but to those on the outside everything must come in parable."

Millions upon millions have received the parable, even so, being an old testament and a New testament, yet to God who does not change, one word.

The Bible is so important because it reveals the truth to us, it is literaly "breathed out" by God! Men wrote as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit! (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).

Only if God would have spoken in English for you, but he did not, in regards to the bible. How much truth can be gathered in interpretation that isn't biased for one goal or another, seeing as how the original languages could actually give you the truth. For this you must "Ask, seek and Knock".

2 Peter 1:21 says For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. I am sad to see the Bible being attacked so much today by people who are biased. I have read much on both sides of the argument: both those who say the Bible is trustworthy and those who say it isn't. I fully believe that it is a trustworthy document. The amazing amount of manuscripts we have, the fact that they agree almost 100% and the dead-sea scrolls, which were hundreds of years older, almost 100% matching with the current manuscripts at that time, also add to the credibility. Look into it with an open heart and truly want to find the truth and be willing to accept it.

Please back up facts with evidence. I in no way desire negativity against you and hope to learn from you, but we must operate in truth and spirit. As your name says, so be. Truth can always be shown as God is True and dwells in the light.

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

At what time ever has Jesus given you his commands? How have you loved him that he has become manifest to you?

I believe Jesus was asked directly about the commandments and which He thought are the most important. Does this mean that He had “given” them to us? But, surely it means He would like us to follow them.

Mar 12:28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

Mar 12:29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.[fn5]

Mar 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[fn6]

Mar 12:31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[fn7]There is no commandment greater than these.”

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220As far as why he is called the Son of Man, all that really says is that he is a human being. He is actually the Son of God and is therefore fully God, but he is also a human being. When he calls himself the Son of Man, he is saying that he is the Messiah. Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.

God knew that by making his Son human, Jesus would suffer like the rest of us and therefore, he could help those who were suffering and relate to them in a way that they would understand. Jesus died so that we could live. He is our salvation. He is the Son of Man because he saved us. The holy trinity is a little confusing and this is of course, open to correction, but I think that is the gist of why he is called the Son of Man.

I respect the Bible and all that, but claiming that God has a Son makes me a little sick, and reminds me as to why I left Christianity in the first place.

God is God. He is one. He doesn't need a son since he is eternal. God has always existed, he was never born, nor will he ever die. Jesus was just a prophet - A prophet with divine powers, but a simple man, and a prophet of God. Christians worship Jesus in the mistaken belief that they are worshipping God, when they're actually associating partners to God by worshipping Jesus, which is a very, very sinful act.

I'm not trying to offend Christians (Even though there shouldn't be a problem if I was. I actually used to be a devout Christian since I was born till last year), but at the same time, it is my duty to correct various views and acts being done that are contrary to what is written in my religion (Islam). The Bible was an interesting book to read and learn from until I came to the passages that contradicted others. Then, there's all that stuff about the Trinity, which really made me question Christianity as a whole (God is not three, he is One). I also couldn't understand the significance of Jesus being our salvation, since the whole thing just sounded silly if he died for the sins of humanity (What's the point of good and evil then? Where's the justice when evil acts are commited?)

In relation to the OP, in Islam anyway, it says that God is the only one who knows about the Hour, not any of the prophets, Jesus, the angels - No-one.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sigh. I feel very sorry for the OP, while he or she is waiting for their messiah to return, there's a beautiful world out there. Jesus, if he actually existed, isn't coming back. He's dead. Very dead, and what people don't seem to understand is that death is final - total non existence.

Anyway, come out of your fantasy religion and enjoy reality - it's much nicer than you think it is

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

-Jesus gave all of us his commands through the writings and teachings of the Disciples. HE SAID THAT HIMSELF. "19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." -Matthew 24

I disagree that Paul wasn't writing to me or you or anyone today. I believe in Christ as revealed in the Bible and "all scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness." -2 Timothy 3:16. Is that no longer true? In saying Paul was not addressing believers today, you are saying that the majority of the New Testament is not applicable to us today, because Paul wrote much of the New Testament. If you are claiming that, what basis do you have for that claim?

Paul said to the church in Philippi: Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. -Philippians 4:9. "The God of peace will be with you." That's a promise, something simply to accept by faith if we are following the teachings of Jesus given through Paul.

Jesus has manifested to me in many ways. I have felt His love overwhelmingly, seen incredible answers to prayer, heard the voice of the Holy Spirit in my heart, and felt the witness of the Holy Spirit in me as well. But it goes beyond that, to an assurance that I can't even explain fully. I think anyone who seeks with a truly open heart will find Him. ultimately he must reveal Himself, I cannot reveal Him to anyone.

Only if God would have spoken in English for you, but he did not, in regards to the bible. How much truth can be gathered in interpretation that isn't biased for one goal or another, seeing as how the original languages could actually give you the truth. For this you must "Ask, seek and Knock".

Ok this is important. Please relook at your belief here, because if we can't believe the Scripture means what it says we have no solid foundation for truth! We know the New Testament is originally in Greek. You question here how much truth can be gathered from an "interpretation" (I call it a translation) because of the language difference of Greek to English. Well let's say someone wrote a recipe in Greek. Let's say a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. Do you think someone who has studied Greek their whole life could take that and accurately translate it into English so that the meaning is the same? YES! Or even if someone wrote a story, if the translation is done correctly you can get essentially the exact same meaning. Exact! Asking, seeking, and knocking has nothing to do with trying to understand our Bible today that, because of being in English now, is unable to be understood by a plain reading. This is a whole other subject though.

As for evidence the Bible is true, I simply refer you to this: www.faithfacts.org...
I do ask you look at it, I just don't have time to basically retype many of the things there.

"You search the scriptures, for in them you think you have life." Jesus said this to the "separatists" (Pharisees), because they had a false understanding of the the truth, and this understanding is still alive today and being preached, even by yourself.

No. 1. I do not think I have life in the Scriptures, or the law. That was the Pharisees main fault. They also rejected the teachings of Jesus Christ and hated Him. I do neither of those things, I love and follow Jesus Christ. Am I perfect? No. That's exactly why Jesus Christ had to die, to bear the punishment for our sins and restore fellowship btw God and man

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked (awesome) shall do wickedly (awesomely): and none "of" the wicked (awesome) shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

What do you say about this, this is what the word translated as "wicked" there means: cf.blueletterbible.org... The finest scholars say it means "wicked," which is why they translated it that way. Just like "casa" means "house" from Spanish to English. It has nothing to do with meaning "awesome." You are getting into dangerous territory and reading many things into the Bible that it simply doesn't say. Please, just look at what it says, and trust it for what it says. Where do you get your basis for teaching this "seed-knowledge" stuff? I agree we can grow in knowing the truth and in learning more about it, but not in adding so much to it that the original message is completely changed!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join