It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial pedophile charged in abduction of Edmonton girl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Serial pedophile charged in abduction of Edmonton girl

www.nationalpost.com

EDMONTON -- A man who was declared a long-term offender and sent to prison in 2002 for molesting six children was charged Monday with drugging and sexually assaulting a seven-year-old girl abducted in Edmonton on the weekend.

Danial Todd Gratton, 44, was arrested early Monday morning in a house a few blocks from the Belmont Elementary School grounds where the girl was abducted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
calsun.canoe.ca
www.cbc.ca
edmonton.ctv.ca

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

This sick SOB was released from prison recently and just went back to doing what we was convicted for in the first place.

Another snippet from another article about another crime this scumbag committed also.

Edmonton police Chief Mike Boyd said when the long-term supervision order kicked in last March, corrections officials should have notified the Edmonton police so the high-risk offender unit could have studied Gratton's file to determine whether they should warn the public of his presence.

"That notification was never made," Boyd said, adding the federal department is investigating why that happened.

calsun.canoe.ca...

The parole board never even notified the Edmonton cops about this monster being in town when he was supposed to be on long term supervision!!!

You know, I'm not in favour of the death penalty but in cases such as these I'd make an exception. Better yet, lock him in a room with some parents for a day or two. If he comes out alive, put a bullet in the back of his head. If he doesn't, we saved the cost of the bullet.

Knowing that isn't how the canadian system works, they should at least put these things in the General Population when in prison and let the inmates deal with them for us.

www.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What is the problem with castrating these guys?? Repeat offender? Caught in the act?

I assure you, without the right "equipment", there would be less of these slap on the wrist repeat offenders. I volunteer to be the....eh....."executioner" of said bits and pieces. Let me know....

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Although it could be a possible solution to this kind of animal, I am not in favour of castration. Their impulses may turn more violent if there ability to act out their fantasies is taken away.

Death saves us taxpayers alot of money. We don't have to house them in their own private part of the prisons and feed them and clothe them, etc... One bullet is much cheaper than the money we spend on keeping these predators alive.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was under the opinion that the pictures of serious risk offenders were being published in the newspapers. Am I wrong or did someone seriously mess up?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
What is the problem with castrating these guys?? Repeat offender? Caught in the act?

I assure you, without the right "equipment", there would be less of these slap on the wrist repeat offenders. I volunteer to be the....eh....."executioner" of said bits and pieces. Let me know....

I agree, although I may sound kind of heartless by saying it, but by all stretches of fairness I think it should be 3 strikes and it's gone.

Re-Offend twice after the first time and you can kiss your dick goodbye (perhaps literally?)

Some people just don't learn quick enough ya'know?

It's difficult to be "the judge" and decide where to draw the line.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Problem is, from what I understand is that it's also a crime of psychosis or violence so that even if you use depo-provera (chemical) they still have obsessive thoughts, and will try to act them out.

So, IMO, it's just not safe to let them out of custody and back into the public.

Once identified they should go away for life or be sequestered and have to wear an ankle bracelet and report to a parole officer weekly.

They probably also need some kind of article of clothing that egregious recidivists have to wear out in public to warn us of their presence, say, in the malls or around schools.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
DEATH! to all those monsters that some warped minds can still accept as humans

unforgivable acts won't be forgiven.

No mercy

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Although it could be a possible solution to this kind of animal, I am not in favour of castration. Their impulses may turn more violent if there ability to act out their fantasies is taken away.

But at least the ability to penetrate is taken away (in case of males.)

Death could be dealt, but in my humble opinion a quick and clean death would be way more efficient.

Of course you could torture someone for what he did and whatnot, but when he's dead, he's dead. It's over. Might just as well just kill him without the pain.

Either he's going to hell for his deeds and suffer worse than you could make him suffer.

Or nothing's gonna happen and all memories or emotions will vanish after death.

In any case the only profit you gain with torture is your self-gratification for making him suffer. ("you" as in person X who wants to torture / let him get tortured.)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If you ask me there should never be a such thing as a serial pedophile. Why was this guy out where he could get to children again?

EDIT: Death is certainly not a valid punishment. A nice long sentence in a low-security prison would be fine, as long as the guy can't get to children. 50 years or so would suffice.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by drwizardphd]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Anyone who keeps shouting death is no better than a barbarian in my opinion. I'm all for making these monster's life a misery but killing them is not an option, it lowers you down to there level. It saddens me to see people hoping for some new age and moaning about conspiricies and yet they still want capital punishment, no wonder aliens dont talk to us.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would agree that a death penalty is not a valid option.

Consider, and it's not easy doing so, that many of these perpetrators have, themselves, been abused as children.

It may be that this abuse which may have happened during those critical years caused them to have a paraphilia, attaching this strong biological drive to an inappropriate object.

It's not clear in every case what the roots are. Is it a crime of violence, of domination, or an irresistible urge, or are there volitional aspects?

It seems simplistic to just give them an injection and then turn them out and put society at risk.

Bear in mind that though I condemn the death penalty in general, I have the luxury of discussing this dispassionately. Having children, I have great empathy for the victims of this horrible crime.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Problem is, from what I understand is that it's also a crime of psychosis or violence so that even if you use depo-provera (chemical) they still have obsessive thoughts, and will try to act them out.

So, IMO, it's just not safe to let them out of custody and back into the public.

Once identified they should go away for life or be sequestered and have to wear an ankle bracelet and report to a parole officer weekly.

They probably also need some kind of article of clothing that egregious recidivists have to wear out in public to warn us of their presence, say, in the malls or around schools.

I agree with you badge01. Pedophiles seem more than willing to reoffend. So why even let them out? Being in prison for a while doesnt seem to deture them from doing it again, so why not just keep them there, away from children and away from society.

Not everybody looks at the sex offender registry online and less and less people are reading the newspaper as well. So why not make them wear something that identifies them as a convicted sex offender? It would make people aware of the danger that person causes and it might just deture them from going to places where children are for fear of getting beaten up or worse.

I have no respect what so ever for people who abuse children in any way.These people have no self control and no respect for anothers life. They dont care about the fact that they are hurting these kids not only physically but mentally as well. They only care about there sick need to fullfill the fantasies that they obsess over in there minds.

Its just wrong. So yes, I agree, Once we have identified someone as a pedophile why even let them back out? It seems as though we dont know how to rehabilitate someone like that and untill we do, assuming we are ever able to, we should keep them away from society.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
DAMN,My dad used to live RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD from that school...I live in BC,but i've been there many many times...#ed Up... His own Dick should be his last meal!...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I was sick when I heard about this. That school is only a few blocks where I used to live. We had thought about sending there this year but ended up moving instead.

There is no reason these people should be released...ever. What will it take to get the government to wise up and start treating criminals like criminals instead of this day-care system we seem to have now.

Guaranteed if it had been my kid and I actually fixed his problem, the public would be screaming for my head.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So if I don't want to pay taxes to keep those monsters locked up in a private prison complex, you will pay my piece?

you can say anything you want but there is NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THEIR ACTIONS!

They KNEW they were wrong, THEY HAD THE CHOICE TO BE BETTER.

The choice between human compassion and violence is what makes us humans.

Edited last sentence

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

You make some good points Badge. The root causes of their deviance is generally never known with the rare exception. I know that some of these animals have some sever traumas in their background but so do many others that never even consider such heinous acts.

They can't be reformed, imo. The sex drive is an innate human biological function. The fact that their's is deviant doesn't take away from that.

If they are to be housed in the prison population, they shouldn't have special rights. They took the right of innocence from children so they shouldn't be afforded the special right of protection for their own safety. They committed one of the most terrible acts imaginable.

I am also with you on the death penalty. I am not a big believer in the eye for an eye mantra but in rare cases, death would be justified.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

So if I don't want to pay taxes to keep those monsters locked up in a private prison complex, you will pay my piece?

you can say anything you want but there is NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THEIR ACTIONS!

They KNEW they were wrong, THEY HAD THE CHOICE TO BE BETTER.

The choice between human compassion and violence is what makes us humans.

Edited last sentence

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Grey Magic]

I agree, as long as there is sufficient evidence, I think child moestors and pedophiles should get the death penalty.

There is no excuse for this- even if they were abused first. Incidentally, a friend of mine's soon-to-be-ex-husband is currently in jail for molesting his stepdaughter from the age of 8-10. I thought about going to visit him just to say that I hope someone offs him while he is in there, but I lack the time to wait for visitation.

Cold? Perhaps. My "humanity" extends to those people who don't hurt innocent children.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I think the chemical castration has been subject to serious disinfo, as it steralises the patient permantly it does not make it shrivel up and fall off.

It is the Giverments fault this happend, and why it keeps happening.

Put them on a deserted island, for the rest of their lives.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Fair enough, but I'd even take exception on them not being housed separately.

When incarcerated, they are charges of the State and just as the State takes on the responsibility of feeding and clothing them, it also has the responsibility of seeing to their safety, up to a point.

It would be a failure of administration to house them with the general populace, knowing they're be harmed or killed.

Ideally, the nature of an inmate's crime would be classified, obviating the need for excessive security. Don't know how that works in real life.

2 cents.

To the poster above, treatment with depo-provera is not permanent. It's only functional for the half-life of the drug and must be re-administered by injection every three months.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by Badge01]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join