Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
reply to post by maybereal11
The sheriff was elected to enforce the law and uphold court orders.
It isnt a bad analogy, as the sheriff wouldnt be doing his job in the case of your stolen car. Just the same as he isnt doing his job now.
[edit on 9-10-2008 by Constitutional Scholar]
THE LAW IS THE LAW and it is the Sheriffs job to enforce it!
Would you feel adamantly that any Sheriff should enforce the law in the following cases....
No man is allowed to make love to his wife with the smell of garlic, onions, or sardines on his breath.
- In Cleveland, Ohio women are not allowed to wear patent-leather shoes.
- A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts.
- In Michigan, a woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.
- In Nevada sex without a condom is considered illegal.
- In Oxford, Ohio, it's illegal for a woman to strip off her clothing while standing in front of a man's picture.
- Places where oral s*x is illegal: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Georgia, North and
South Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia and Washington D.C
- In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally speaking,
are merely “pet minders”.
- In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- In Eureka, Nevada, USA, it is still illegal for men with moustaches to kiss women.
- In Logan County, Colorado, USA, it is still illegal to kiss a woman while she is asleep.
- In Providence, Rhode Island, USA, it is still illegal for shop owners to sell toothpaste and toothbrushes to the same customer on a Sunday.
- In St. Louis, Missouri, USA, it is still illegal for firemen to rescue women who are still in their nightdresses.
- In Ames, Iowa, USA, it is still illegal for men to have three sips of beer while they are in bed with their wives.
- In Maryland, USA, it is still illegal for radio stations to play Randy Newman's song 'Short people'.
- In Miami, Florida, USA, it is still illegal for anyone to imitate an animal.
- In Iowa, USA, it is against the law to kiss for more than five minutes.