It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The need for disaster.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for years now, and the latest October 7th prediction from our friendly "web-bot" really brought it full circle.

Is it an inherent human nature to secretly want or desire upheaval and catastrophe?

If you spend even 10 minutes on the ATS website, one would certainly think so.

Now before you flame me, let me explain a bit.

I'm not trying to say that we humans like to see suffering. But we are obviously attracted to the extremes. You can easily find proof of this by watching 5 minutes of television. Violence, gore, blood, and horror are consumed and in rampant demand. With every new generation comes an even more fervent quest to find it.

Just as a person has the desire to ride a roller coaster, or jump out of a plane - I believe that same adrenaline rush applies to others in secretly, or unconsciously wanting disaster to happen.

Our Government has happily pumped fear into our hearts and minds ever since Wednesday September 12, 2001. For as many on this board that trumpet it and shame it - there are just as many if not more that eagerly anticipate the next possible attack, or earthquake or depression.

October 7th has come and gone with little fanfare -yet uncertainty definitely looms.

I'm not trying to say everyone has this nature. What I am trying to do is start a discussion, and see if people are willing to admit to it - or even consider if perhaps you do seek out the worst and never thought you did before. Are you the next person to pen the "what if" thread? Or simply the one that can't get enough of reading it? Or perhaps the reason we're all here is because like with Aliens and Ghosts and shadow governments - we just want to believe things are not as they seem and never will be regardless of disclosure or proof.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by slicely]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't think most people yearn for disaster. I know that with all of the predicitions that were being made for October 7th I was definately anticipating something. If even a hint of "Hope" came it was not for the disaster but the possibility that a disaster had been predicted.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd have to say I agree with this. I don't know how anyone else feels but man I'm tired of this roller coaster. Up and down, up and down. Are we going to get attacked or are we not???

I've been paying attention ever since 9/11 and I've heard about a lot of things that have scared the crap out of me but none of them have ever occurred. Not to say they might have, maybe they were just prevented. But the back and forth really starts putting a toll on you. I for one wish Bush would just hurry up and decide if he is going to bomb the crap out of us and stay in office or leave quietly.

I don't really wish for violence and for America to fall or the people I care about to be put in harms way but on the flip side, I really think America needs to change and change BIG. Not Obama change, like Ron Paul change. But that's getting into Politics.

Anyway, good post.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Common sense, reason and history tells us what is coming as far as disasters are concerned. Even the Mayans had a circular calendar that showed repeating futures. I don't think people want them to happen whether it is a Natural Disaster or some sort of shadow government false flag operation. But they know inherently and historically what is probable.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Please research the matters you bring up.

Pay heed to such documentaries as "Manufacturing Consent" and "Politics of Fear."

There is an elite subculture that truly wholeheartedly believes they should be in charge and nothing less will be satisfactory.

They derive their power from keeping the people feeling helpless. The keep us feeling helpless by using the media to both overwhelm us with data, and frighten us with their 'talking heads' - who somehow we are told are 'experts', or who get brought on air, and into our living rooms, with official sounding music and great graphics.

For your viewing pleasure:

Manufacturing Consent

Google Video Link

Politics of Fear - Part 1 of 3

Google Video Link

There are two other parts..., if you like what you see - they are easy to find...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Maxmars -

I am not denying that such a force exists, that really isn't the point of this thread. I will watch the videos you posted however.

My point is that I think there are a lot of people that WANT to see disaster strike. Maybe only subconsciously - but there is an excitement, a fear, that is exciting and interesting.

I do follow a lot of conspiracy, but even if there was no "elite subculture" that you speak of, I still think there is something about fear that people are drawn to.

new topics

top topics

join