It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG Execs party after bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What do you do after the government agrees to bail your company out for
85,000,000,000? Well AIG decided to blow another 500,000 on a week of relaxation for their execs at a swank California resort. Check it out at this link;
www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by u4itornot

It really is the modern day equivalent of "let them eat cake". Truly disgusting.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Fing Pigs..

this is truly disgusting.. im really tired of the government giving out MY MONEY..
to PIGS.. fat, bloated worthless pigs..

im ready to move to Australia..

well.. as long as I can still get onto ATS.. :-D

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Disgusting! Utterly disgusting! Guess we know now where their priorities are... ugh! I hope somebody torches any and all AIG businesses, lets see how well they do when they really loose EVERYTHING!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
there's only one thing you can do...put the spa out of business for dealing with such scum!

The more luxury resorts that are plagued by the masses howling for economic justice at the gates, the sooner they'll get the message that the 'big guys' cant live without the 'small guys' labours

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The New York Federal Reserve is lending up to $37.8 billion to American International Group to give the troubled insurer access to much-needed cash.

How can these people get away with this? First 85 bln now another 37.8 bln, this needs to stop.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If this is the real deal than we should write, call, fax msm, everybody you know about it, the people have obeyed enough of this bull$hit.

I expect the same thing happened at European countries

These people don't even belong behind bars but hanging from a tree.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It was not a monetary gift, it was a loan .. as in has to pay back .. in fact, AIG has to (try) and sell some of it's companies just to pay the Fed back ..

Sort of a last-resort-or-die type deals.. somewhat like a Death Spiral imo, though the Fed cannot gain control of the corp.

Anyways, I do agree however that when funds are tight, you don't blow 500k on a massive party... unless the CEO wants to pay for it himself. I know if I where a share holder (wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole) id be pretty po'd

new topics

top topics

join