It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Economic 9/11' Exacting Grim Psychological Toll In U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I have been suffering from "male" problems since this all began. I have those blue pills but they don't seem to work. To compensate for my personal inadequacy I have increased my alcohol and tobacco intake. My doctor informs me that I need a pint of cheap vodka and 50-100 unfiltered cigarettes a day. People call me for work, but I don't answer the phone. My shoes have holes in them, and I have been wearing the same shirt for at least two weeks.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Is the economy going to collapse? Is the great depression nigh? In the opinion of every informed economist (those with a track record of being right) - no. But that doesn't matter, because if you can spread fear and scare people into thinking the great depression has arrived, its all that easier to manipulate them.

I agree, we are supposed to be panicking. That's the irrational mindset required to assist the smooth passage of the power grab now taking place. Provided enough people, including politicians, believe the sky is falling, the transfer of money and power proceeds quickly and largely unopposed.

This is quite easy to achieve, while the controlled demolition of the economy is in full swing. Unlike LowLevelMason, I believe that if the measures now taken to prop it up were not instigated we would see a meltdown of the global financial system, the extent and full implications of which are hard to judge.

If the bailout and buyout tactics work, an even more iniquitous system will be set in place which will be far more catastrophic for almost everyone a bit further down the line. So the best we can hope for is that the demolition proves too chaotic to control.

The US government's debts have ballooned so badly the National Debt Clock in New York has run out of digits to record the spiralling figure.

The digital counter marks the national debt level, but when that passed the $10 trillion point last month, the sign could not display the full amount.

The board was erected to highlight the $2.7 trillion level of debt in 1989.

The clock's owners say two more zeros will be added, allowing the clock to record a quadrillion dollars of debt.

BBC News

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have said the below words in other threads and I will repeat them here, because I think they are so important, and are on topic with respect to what to do:

All systems in the past and present were based on the idea that one had to labor to support oneself. In turn, one had either things/skills to barter with, or one received a token of value that one could use to purchase things one needed (money).

Only now do we have the technology to change that. If all drudge jobs are given to robots, then human individuals are freed to follow their bliss.

If robots/computers are building, tilling, weeding, harvesting, packaging, accounting, transporting, distributing, manufacturing, cleaning, fixing (things and themselves), and so on... Not only will there be an abundance for all (there already is plenty for everyone, just VERY badly managed), there will be no need for money.

Greed is spawned out of a scarcity paradigm. If the paradigm is one of abundance, greed becomes meaningless.

And so... Humans are freed to do what they individually LOVE to do, with no worries about how they will acquire food, clothing, shelter, love, tools.

And so, we sit looking at a choice. Keep up with slaving and (imposed) scarcity, or focusing on automating everything no one wants to do. (Toilet-cleaning robots! Yay!)

We sit at a fork in the road. Which way will we choose?

See these related threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Evil has always existed, but the amount of evil today that the average citizen of the world allows, is far more exuberant now that it ever has been. It comes down to selfishness. Do unto me and screw you. Thats what I see everywhere I look.

See...you don't know that. You haven't lived through every generation. When I read things taking place in the medieval ages or hellinistic ages, I say, wow I am glad I live now. Those people were pretty evil and crazy. You are just over reacting and you look to a "leave it to beaver" age when everything was 'better'. But were they? Or do you just think so because you want them to be? Overall things have stayed constant with human consciousness, it is just with different surroundings.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

One of downsides of PC technology is that people just don't get together anymore. they don't really bond anymore. ironic, pcs have provided the research content for us to wake up but at the same time has kept us in a comfort zone.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
But we have to remember, mindless panic does nothing. Not for ourselves... Not for our family... Not for our country.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Reading all the post regarding how we are in own little world, meaning you dont know your neighbors like in the 70's. I live on Oahu and I feel lucky, its a small island but you still know a lot of people. I know all my neighbors to the left, right, front and back of my house. In Hawaii Ohana (family) is the most important than. I actually live with my father-in-law and my mom lives with us, not because I dont have money to live in another house but because we (the family) are there to take care of Father-in- Law. Its common here in Hawaii for generations to still live home to take care of the older generations, its actually expected of the children. We have been sheltered in Hawaii. But, I love it here. Family values are still important here as well as having the Aloha spirit.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Lots of Xanax and lots of ammo will see you through the worst of times.....Just don't run out of either

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Lots of Xanax and lots of ammo will see you through the worst of times.....Just don't run out of either

Mmmmm. What do ya do if it's chemtrail anthrax?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join