It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin hack: Tenn. Democrat's son pleads not guilty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The son of a Democratic State Representative in Tennessee has been indicted on a felony charge related to the hacking of Sarah Palin's email account.

article

The son of a Democratic Tennessee state lawmaker charged with hacking the e-mail account of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has pleaded not guilty.

Trial is set for Dec. 16. Kernell faces a maximum of five years in prison, a $250,000 fine and a three-year term of supervised release.

The Smoking Gun article can also be found here

In the last few days we've had this and then the ACORN voter fraud issue surfaces. Interesting to note which side all the illegal activity is coming from.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yea but nobody cares unless there is a suspicion of republican involvement.

Yes that was a one-liner.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I actually agree with that.

This isn't news unless there is a Republican somewhere who had his hand in it. Nothing is.

Even if they do report on it mainstream, I'd be willing to bet you will never hear the word "democrat" spoken.

Just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
im interested to know how he plans to fight this. If they have his ip address it would seem an open & shut case. Maybe on a technicality of some sort?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Even if they do report on it mainstream, I'd be willing to bet you will never hear the word "democrat" spoken.

The link about this was on the front page on CNN, so you are patently wrong (unsurprisingly).

[edit on 8-10-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

The link about this was on the front page on CNN, so you are patently wrong (unsurprisingly).

[edit on 8-10-2008 by buddhasystem]

But back to the topic. What is your opinion on the hacking of Palin's email in the first place?

Was that wrong, as well?

Just curious ...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sure, hacking ANYONE's mail is totally wrong.

However, stating that, was not really the purpose of your thread, and you know it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I beg to differ.

The OP mentions at the end that it is interesting to note which side these illegal activities seemed to be coming form lately. Thus we had the discussion started about how generally issues with Democrats are ignored by the MSM.

In this case they are reporting the facts as they are, which is good. However, this seems to be the exception rather than the rule. The fact remains though, the OP has intended to discuss this issue, or would not have made that statement.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What "side" is this coming from? The kid's 20, right? I didn't vote the same as my father at that age. Still don't most of the time. My son gets to vote for the first time next week and he's not voting the same as I am. So, is this kid doing his daddy's work? I'd like to know that before commenting on this issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A good point intrepid.

I think this probably stems simply from the fact that this kid was hacking Palin's email account.

I think that only serves to suggest to people that this kid is in line with other Democrats and/or liberals like his father. This may or may not be true, but I believe that where this comes from.

Rest assured if this kid hacked Obama's account, he would be thrown in with that, "vast right-wing conspiracy".

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

intrepid this is about finding anything out about a democrat that looks bad, and somehow can be tied to the election of obama. in another words, just another swift boat moment.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Not true. This has nothing to do with Obama. As far as I'm concerned this kid acted alone.

As intrepid pointed out, we don't even know if this kid is a Democrat.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Not true. This has nothing to do with Obama. As far as I'm concerned this kid acted alone.

As intrepid pointed out, we don't even know if this kid is a Democrat.

i agree with that...sooo...why was he mentioned as being "THE SON OF A DEMOCRATIC REPRESENTATIVE FROM TENNESSEE" ?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
why was he mentioned as being "THE SON OF A DEMOCRATIC REPRESENTATIVE FROM TENNESSEE" ?

Oh...I don't know, maybe because he is the son of a democratic representative from Tennessee???

That's a fact. No bias there. No "swift boating" there. No attacks there.

It's fact.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by intrepid

intrepid this is about finding anything out about a democrat that looks bad, and somehow can be tied to the election of obama. in another words, just another swift boat moment.

I'd feel sorry about what you just said - if no one else was doing the same thing from the democrat side. Need I say more than "Palin"?

As for intrepid's comment on the son having his own mind and not necessarilly following in his father's footsteps, that would seem more plausible if the kid had done it to a democrat.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
that would seem more plausible if the kid had done it to a democrat.

Very true, that's why I made the comment that general consensus here would be that the kid was a democrat/liberal because of who's email he targeted.

It's hard to imagine someone who supported or agreed with Palin hacking her email account to expose some "dirt" on her.

Of course, this kid could be in that "anarchy is cool" stage some people go through and was trying to cause as much trouble as he could, to anyone he could.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Can I throw something else out there? The kid is 20, maybe he was looking for some private pics of the Govenor. Know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I suppose anything is possible intrepid, although I highly doubt it. Otherwise, why the interest in copying and posting emails specifically related to government and/or official matters?

There is just too much here for this to be some sort of "prank" or something. Whatever the motivation or political leanings of this kid, his intent was most definitely malicious in nature.

I just can't see anything else here.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Rest assured if this kid hacked Obama's account, he would be thrown in with that, "vast right-wing conspiracy".

Yes, that is true.

Except if he was hacking Obama's account...I bet it would be a GOVERNMENT email account. Therefore there would be federal implications.

If you noticed, the reason that is not the case.....is because Palin was using a (unapproved) Yahoo account to do political business. Not saying the kid's actions were warranted, but it was a PERSONAL email account and not a government one. Kinda reminds me of Cheney.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Yes, blame it all on the democrats. We all conspire and work together.

Hey man, whatever you need to think about us to make it through the day is fine with me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join