It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

During Debate McCain refers to Obama as.."THAT ONE"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Now, here is the REAL question.

Who is grunting at 0:19 secs, when McCain says: ""By the way, my friends, I know you grow a little weary of this back and forth..."???

THAT HRUMPH is clearly audible and could only have come from Obama or Brokaw. Either way, I think that's very funny!

[edit on 8-10-2008 by loam]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Reminds me of when i came home with a bad report card and my mother said to my father as i stood by: THAT ONE failed - do something about her.

It was just the three of us. You said it all HIFIGUY. Well put.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

also, the way he added the "some americans" part to the end, was so awkward, as though he realized how dumb it was to say that, he instantly tried to excuse it... ironically the "some americans" he was referring to are most likely his supporters.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah...lets make a huge deal about the phrase "That One" even though Obama was hanging out with Bill Ayers AFTER his comments on 9/11. McCain didn't bring this up first either, Hillary Clinton did. This whole thread is a waste. No wonder the country is going to hell with people making nonsense out of nonsense.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There was definatly lots to pick up on and dissect and go huh???!!

However, wow, the standards are real, and i mean real low now for debates, and wow! What the hell has happened?

Folksey????? That's another word for uneducated by my standards. I may not be a prolific writter, but jeeeeez, i betcha i can sound much more educated and presidential than any of them were i standing side to side with them!!!!!
Folksey has NO PLACE when you are standing in front of the world as a great nation.

Look at other leaders, hmmmm...calm collected, and at the same time cursing America, BUT being done in a way that is quiet and calm which indicates to me: EDUCATION.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
After everything that has happened with the economy lately, watching these two debate just looked like a pathetic sideshow to me. We have a real problem in America right now and I have come to the conclusion that no matter who wins in November, the tax payers in this country will lose and lose badly. Both candidates were spouting the same old crap that we've all heard before. It reminded me of bad remake of an even worse movie.

The biggest thing the American people have been shown in the past 2 weeks is that gaining or holding power is way more important than you and me but the masses still want to believe that one of these guys will fix everything for us.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think people are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Much like the pigs with lipstick of the past.

I thought the tone in which "that one" was used was more than appropriate. I am known around here for admitting faults and am a moderate despite showing strong support for McCain.

All bias aside, its stupid people worry about statements like this instead of the fact that neither Obama nor McCain have a solution to the economic crisis. People get caught up in the drama in politics and tend to not look at the real issues.

There's a book called "Entertaining Ourselves To Death". It brings up more or less the fact that people focus on the entertainment aspects of things because of television, instead of doing real research and looking at real issues.

It's fun to get into the glamour of politics. After all, this election probably has more "Hollywood movie star drama" feel to it than any other.

Our country is in mortal danger, and because of this the entire world is looking at backtracking many years of hard work and blood shed. Its not a party issue, its a people issue and the focus belongs here and nowhere else.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Whoever mentioned the "grunts" in the background.....

I heard that too and i can definatly tell you that came from Brokaw. I dont mean to throw names around but i have met him- at length one day in Hyannis.

He denied who he was, grunted, looked down at everyone and after an hour of people telling him he WAS Tom Brokaw, he admitted it. Again, this is not a very nice person. I know that first hand....and he grunts.

God love 'im.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Whoever mentioned the "grunts" in the background.....

I heard that too and i can definatly tell you that came from Brokaw. I dont mean to throw names around but i have met him- at length one day in Hyannis.

He denied who he was, grunted, looked down at everyone and after an hour of people telling him he WAS Tom Brokaw, he admitted it. Again, this is not a very nice person. I know that first hand....and he grunts.

God love 'im.

Ahahah I hate to agree with you but my friend had a very similar experience.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i'm sorry to bust the republicans bubble, but when obama was at ayers house for the meeting. high ranking republicans were also there to promote the charity and republicans also were in contact with ayers for discussions about the community charity. of course, that is not mentioned by palin. the secret service has now stepped in to see who is inciting violence against obama. this type of rhetoric by palin is very dangerous and i hope the secret service has a talk with the republican campaign about the criminal reprecussions this type of incitement could bring.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

unfortunately it works. Makes him feel more like us, and all that psychological nonensens.

Why do you think they gave GW a fake southern accent?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think the use of the term "that one" has a very specific group of supporters, I felt offended, unfortunally. I say this because in this day and age words should not offend us anymore; for a instant however, I felt sad that MCcain had to playing to a certain part of this country that wants to hear the term.
Is this the same group that Obama was trying to appeal when he feels the need to say " I will kill Osama"?. Thanks to the media bias and the current adm. millions of people in this country are in a permanent state of fear and anxiosness, it is sad situation and for those of us who believe this is not an accident, the question remains When will America wake up and relialize who the real culprit of the current state of the world?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I don't know if you are referring to me in your post, but if you are here is my reply. I'm not a republican. I would never associate myself with either political party. That is the problem with this country. So many decide their vote on Democrat/Republican by itself. That shows the intelligence of a large portion of our society that are completely in the tank for their so called political identity. Fact of the matter is, NO ONE agrees on everything and everyone has different beliefs.

Secondly, i don't really give a flying fart if there were high ranking republicans there. Why the hell do i care? How many republicans at that meeting are running for president??? Yep, it's zero. And if any of them were I would be asking them the same questions too.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It is being WAY over analyzed! He meant the guy over there... The only thing I can say is that he is very passive aggressive, but otherwise give it a rest people!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
... Just for the record I am so freakin undecided.. Dammit I haven't been this confused in a long time.

Same here. I finally submitted my absentee ballot today. I've chosen Ralph Nader/Matt Gonzalez (Peace and Freedom Party).

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
.... Fact is, he spoke extremely well without a teleprompter last night, and McCain didn't. How that makes Obama an "empty suit", is beyond me.

He is very good orator in front of large crowds, but when spoken in an one-on-one setting, he has a choppy delivery. He intersperses his words with "uh". I think he tried to let his thoughts catch up with his speech, when confronted with unscripted questions. Or he may be afraid of saying the wrong thing, so he tried to word things carefully. Either way his inexperience in the political arena is showing. Many people compared him to JFK, but JFK spent 14 years in Congress before running for President, while Oby serve only 2 years before he ran.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This comment ("THAT ONE") is a comment from the slave days and still in use in the south. It refers to someone who has no given name or status, are certainly no status to the individual making the remark.
Here is the test: Would he refer to a superior, true friend business contact or associate or another Senator as (That One)?...Obviously not.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Youknow, i , like Grover, have about given up

I did give up. I'm not voting for either a democrat or republican.
I'm voting for Baldwin - Constitution Party.
I know he cant' win. But my conscience will be clear.

The behavior of both Mccain and Obama is disgusting.
The baggage both bring to the table is frightening.

No thanks.

I didn't watch the debate.
It would have raised my blood pressure too much.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

You got it Loam..
It was all about context.

I listened to part of the debate on the radio.

My favorite part was hearing Tom Brokaw say "lower levels"
and that's about it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join