It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love watching the DOW drop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Every day I turn on CNBC just to have a real time update and here the talking heads talk about what to expect and what is going to happen. When at the same time, the DOW just keeps falling. I for one have been wait three years for this to happen. It has been too big for too long and needed to crash. The Fed had made it artificially high and has just made the crash that much bigger. Just for those out there who thinks that it can't get worse. It will.

I agree with Jim Kramer, he seems to be the only one who seems to know what he is talking about, that the DOW will bottom out at 8000 give or take a 100. But it is going to get worse before it gets better. Get ready for depression. Times are going to be hard and things will be tight and it will take about 5 - 10 years to recover, but America will carry on like we have in the past. Just some stock advice, when the market hits 8000. start to buy because that is when stocks will be at their lowest and will start to go up.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think some of the people who who have such a rosy outlook are just expressing wishful thinking. I can only guess that they are probably not conspiracy thinkers.
Most of us here think there's more to it than just a regular dip in the stock market. I suppose the economy COULD be "fixed" with the steps they're taking, but I have serious doubts.

I, too, agree that it's going to continue to fall the rest of this year. And I'm fine with that. We lost some money in the stock market, but it hadn't fully rebounded after 9/11, so we had already lost it. Fortunately, it was "gambling money".

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
After seeing it today, I'm not sure even 8000 would be a good place to start buying... I think it could easily go way lower.

I must admit to some pleasure at watching the house of cards collapse... it is too big, too fast, too corrupt.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

I am going to have to agree with you. I can't even fathom when it is going to stop. The world's economy is on life support. You look at Iceland where all the major banks are now owned by the government because they couldn't cover debts and liquidity. I believe each person there share of it's national debt is over 10,000 euros. Italy and other country are also on the brink. We are delving in to economic chaos. Which makes me happy because, we know who this is going to hurt as well as common folks, the Illuminati and the NWO bankers who have been getting rich off the backs of the poor for far too long. Now if we could only get rid of fractional banking and the FED

top topics

join