It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea "Building Atomic Warhead"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't know if this is propaganda or what, but if it isn't seems like the world is building up and bracing themselves for what is to come in the near future.....

North Korea is trying to develop a nuclear warhead that would fit on to a missile, South Korea's top military official has said. Gen Kim Tae-young told a parliamentary committee that the North was believed to have enough plutonium to make six or seven warheads. He said it was not clear if Pyongyang had succeeded in developing a warhead. North Korea recently back-tracked on an aid-for-disarmament deal, saying the US had not met its obligations. South Korean media have also reported that the North test-fired one or two short-range missiles into the sea off the west coast of the Korean peninsula on Tuesday. The North is also working on a long-range missile programme.

Source

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Old news...they have been trying to build a nuke for some time now. They already tested their delivery system now they just have to put something in it to deliver.

No worries...the missile defense system will take that sucker out before it has a chance to lift 5 feet off the lauch pad.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

haha i figured that people probably knew about it here, but just thought it was interesting how they're coming out and saying "they believe" that their building something

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Heh! Ya I think the first word of NK doing something was either in the late 90's or around 2002.

Its not something to be taken lightly, but they are surrounded by watchfull eyes and they would be foolish to try to launch a nuke at anyone. The act would only be their demise. NK is such a tiny country that just one return fire would wipe them out completely.

If they are smart enough to build one, they should also be smart enough to figure out the consequences they would face if they did such a dumb thing.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Your avatar breaks my heart.

Just thought you should know, if that was your objective, its working.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Kim Jong Il can be bought for a lamborghini / bentley and a couple
pieces of elvis memorabilia. He's a dick and I hope that it is only
one of his doubles we see at any time and that he's really somewhere
paralyzed and being probed by all sorts of black & decker gear, allowed
to heal and then probed again.

Did I mention I hate that man on a level no one else can?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Haven't they already built and tested a nuke under a mountain? news.bbc.co.uk...

I think they are just planning on testing an effective delivery system.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't get it.. They have 1 and we have 20,000.. We should just let em' have one and ask them what they even dare to use it for.. North Korea, Welcome to the 1940's, way to keep on top of the game. It's no wonder you've done all of these amazing things over the years, like going to the moon, building aircraft carriers, curing diseases.. Good job... Keep it up NK.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A friend of mine who is from South korea says they are very scared of their northern neighbor who is messing with these missiles and reactors.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Isolationism works! That's a good one!

new topics

top topics

join