It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to land an aeroplane in an emergency.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well ,you never know when you might need it

artofmanliness.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Great procedure, as a flight simulator user, I accept that all are correct, but are you sure that in case of the emergency, without the necessary experience of actually flying the aircraft we could not actually, try that.

Consider this fact, though I can fly the 737 in flight simulator, all I use is the keyboard and mouse to control the aircraft and we are not familiar with the life support system of the aircraft which entirely decides whether you are alive or not at the time.

So, though educative, dont try this on your commercial airline.

Dont take this serious, just wanted to add some humour.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Peacejet appreciate the reply

The page is listed on my phone just in case!
Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I fly the LearJet 45 in my MS Flight Sim X and 2004 Pro as well as the Boeing 747. Will have to try that procedure and see.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As a pilot, there is only one thing that I think is overlooked in the article: throttles contol lift, pitch (nose up/down) controls airspeed. When the article talks about target airspeeds (200kt cruise, 130kt approach) they neglect to mention this fact. Most people would intuitively reduce the throttles to slow the plane which is not correct. The key --- in the extraordinarily unlikely scenario depicted --- is to maintain straight-and-level and make radio contact. If someone can do that and follows the instructions given they will land the plane. It won't be pretty, but they will land.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
And also it must be noted that different aircraft have different landing speeds, for example, if a 737 with a rotational speed of 140 knots touches down at 130 knots airspeed, the aircraft will lose lift and will possibly stall, and if a 747 approaches at 130 knots then it will surely stall crashing the aricraft, and also the ils and navigation instruments are different for each aircraft, there is also this confusion to overcome.

[edit on 8/10/08 by peacejet]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Thanks for the replies-this landing a plane malarky is sounding more complicated by the minute
I suppose the linkpage gives you a broad view of how to do it but I think I´d prefer a parachute.
Cheers Karl

top topics

join