It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Multiple Moving Objects...UPHILL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Luminal

That image is inverted. Try flip it over and see what it looks like. I inverted mine to match the OP.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Here you go, Phage, this is the full image:

No, for this one you need the full, multi-hundred MB JP2 image to see what's really going on, if it's not already obvious.

And this is the thanks I get for taking the trouble to show what the crater looks like? Nohup, be nice now.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
No, for this one you need the full, multi-hundred MB JP2 image to see what's really going on, if it's not already obvious.

And this is the thanks I get for taking the trouble to show what the crater looks like? Nohup, be nice now.

I meant, "If it's not already obvious what's going on in the photo." Not that it's obvious a larger image is required. I found that out after poking around the HiRise site. You need the big guns for this one.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ohh, yeah it looks even more natural when its inverted 180*.

Jeezzz, this is confusing now...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I can not be sure about it, but I don't think that the dark spots are the objects that made the tracks, specially the one on the right, the track looks like it goes over the dark spot for some metres.

Also, the space between the places where the object touched the ground is getting bigger the more we move to the bottom of the image, like the object who made the track was getting faster and faster, making bigger jumps while it was gathering speed.

But it can be said that it could be slowing down because it was going up hill, in that case it was going up hill only because of the energy with which it was moving and decelerating while climbing the hill, so, either way, I don't see any sign of an anomalous movement.

PS: for those interested in looking at the original images, the one posted by super70 is from the non map-projected version.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join