It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Multiple Moving Objects...UPHILL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I could be wrong here, but this clearly seems to be multiple objects traveling...UPHILL.
Hopefully a few of the resident ATS experts will chime in on this find.

All image location information listed below screen capture.

Original Mars HiRise image:
PSP_009393_1890_RED.NOMAP.JP2

Image coordinates:
X: 5057
Y: 36400

[edit on 8-10-2008 by super70]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There are certainly 2 objects that seem to have moved, leaving track or trail behind them.
Good find !

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Good find, Really seems like two objects moving uphill...

I can't wait to see MikeSingh's take on this.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yeah i think MikeSingh' opinion is really precious, but i want read the analisys of the best of the bests here....

INTERNOOOOOSSSS where are you?!?!? C'mon.....

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Stupid question. How do you know that they didn't roll down hill? Couldn't something snowballing down a hill create the same patterns?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
How do you know it's uphill ? Pictures are taken from above so it's hard to tell.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Demos]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It is certainly uphill, here is a larger image of the area in question.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by super70]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am not so sure about the two "objects". The dark spots could be small craters/holes left in the ground after a couple of rocks or boulders which rolled downhill.

Anyway, this is the direct link to the full image:
hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
With insane winds speeds during dust storms rocks may roll uphill. But there wouldn't be any tracks I guess. So... the general direction is probably downward.

[edit on 2008-10-8 by nablator]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Stupid question. How do you know that they didn't roll down hill? Couldn't something snowballing down a hill create the same patterns?

Not a stupid question at all. We've seen many objects, most likely rocks, that have rolled down the sides of large "dunes" on mars. This location is UPHILL though, I posted a photo of the area in question.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

But how can you be sure its uphill? There's nothing at the site indicating that the stones rolled uphill: what is clearly hills are next to the "rolling stones" and they obviously didnt went up them. The area indicated may just as well be sloping downwards in the direction the stones go.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure I get the point here. For the sake of argument, let's say that what we're seeing here not just an illusion caused by odd shadowing or a stray dust devil trail or something, what's it supposed to imply?

Is it that somebody (or something) moved these rocks uphill for some reason? They didn't apparently leave any tracks. And why would they move them? Are they better in this position than in their previous position?

Or is the point that Mars is just such a freaky, unusual place that the ordinary laws of physics don't apply? Because most people will agree that's not the case. It's far away, but most people would agree that rocks still roll downhill there.

I'm not sure what the implication is supposed to be here.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You're looking in the wrong place. The rocks that rolled downhill to make the tracks are outside of your frame. Sorry the image is so bad, don't have my proper tools available.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

you can not tell by either photo if its uphill.... there is a peak on the right side.. so it could be downhill ... were on earth.. there is no way of telling.. (grin)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

Actually you can. The full image is of a crater, it's pretty obvious which way the slope runs. I'd show it, but like I said, don't have my tools. Maybe in a few hours if anyone's still interested.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

ahhh.. well.. thats different if the whole image is a crater.... thanks.. I allways respect your opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here you go, Phage, this is the full image:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Here you go, Phage, this is the full image:

No, for this one you need the full, multi-hundred MB JP2 image to see what's really going on, if it's not already obvious.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It´s downhill. Natural flow of sand ect.. look at dark lines sliding out from the top of the ridge and down.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

No, for this one you need the full, multi-hundred MB JP2 image to see what's really going on, if it's not already obvious.

Almost.
1.47 Gb

<<   2 >>

join