It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maurice Cotterell is he right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

A few nights ago I heard Maurice Cottorell on Coast to Coast AM talking about Solar Cycles & Civilizations.

COAST 2 COAST LINK

He said 1 very important thing from my point of view and that is that humans can never leave the solar system because we need our sun.
Other suns will have different caracteristics.

He theorized that creatures evolved through DNA mutations brought about by solar wind radiation-- the radiation from the sun would arrive in narrow beams, so only certain members of a species would be affected

And about 2012 he said the following:

Ancient sun-worshipping civilizations were aware that the sun affects fertility and personality determination, and the Maya knew their civilization was going to die out because of the sun's upcoming magnetic changes, he noted. Regarding 2012, Cotterell believes the Mayan message has been misconstrued-- infertility, drought, and an eclipse for five days were what was predicted, not the end of civilization, he said.

His own website
WEB

As I never heard of him I am quite attracted to his ideas and claims can
anyone tell me anything about him?
Anyone read any of his books?
BR
PPL

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No I havent read his stuff but what could cause a 5 day eclipse of the sun? I don't think physics allows for such a possibility. I think the other stuff you mentioned are more plausible than Niburu but not by much.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well, if our understanding of stars is at all accurate, this is not really a problem. Stars have generic patterns of activity, sure, weaker and stronger stars emit different intensities of radiation, but it's not a radically different form of radiation.

Plus, both our planets atmosphere and electromagnetic field protect us from this radiation in much the same way that any other planet we could possibly colonize would have to do.

So to me it's more about what is defending us from the radiation than the radiation itself.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hi
Anyone else any thoughts on Maurice Cottorell?

top topics

join