It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Suspends Trading "Until further notice".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Russia Suspends Trading "Until further notice".

www.foxbusiness.com

NEW YORK -- Russian equities went into free fall once again Wednesday, sending the benchmark RTS index down 11% and prompting the RTS exchange to suspend trading "until further notice." At Moscow's other exchange, the Micex stock index tumbled 14%. The latest steep losses come after the RTS and Micex indexes both fell 19% on Monday. Daily double-digit declines and frequent trading suspensions have become the norm lately on the Russian stock exchanges, as the global credit crisis, tumbling oil prices and heightened domestic political risks have battered investor confidence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.illuminati-news.com

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

In 1957, a 1,168 page book by Ayn Rand, called Atlas Shrugged, was published. According to one source, Rand was alleged to be a mistress to Philippe Rothschild, who instructed her to write the book in order to show that through the raising of oil prices, then destroying the oil fields and shutting down the coal mines, the Illuminati would take over the world. It also related how they would blow up grain mills, derail trains, bankrupt and destroy their own companies, till they had destroyed the economy of the entire world; and yet, they would be so wealthy, that it would not substantially affect their vast holdings.

Be prepared for global meltdown, cashless society, and microchips.

People need to start reading end time prophecy. The apostle John wrote about this time period in human history 2,000 years ago. Get ready for some VERY nasty times, and find the Lord Jesus Christ.

www.illuminati-news.com...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I spent years studying bible prophecy. The bible did not say anything about a global economic crisis.

Furthermore, how can you possibly know that that John was speaking about our period of time? There have been many times throughout history when religious fanatics cried wolf. They have all been wrong and so are you! If you actually knew what the bible says you wouldn't be making such statements since the scripture says that not even Christ himself knows when the end will occur.

Things are bad right now but they have been worse, much worse! Things will get better and life will return to normal. I'm a very statistical person. Statistics is on my side, not yours!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Russia has suspended trading several times in the last month. It's nothing special anymore - and it happens when the index hits a specific high or low. Several weeks ago Russia suspended trading when there was a rapid rise too.

Russian economy is not representative of the global economy or that of Europe. Russian index is known to be highly volatile, with exagerrated reaction to European/Asian markets and the oil/gas prices. The current decrease has as much to do with the financial crisis, as the dropping oil prices.

I wouldn't say there is a need for any alarm bells to go off. In fact if the trading wasn't suspended it's likely that it would have bounced up - but they did it as a precaution.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Despite the ramblings about the NWO and Jesus, this is an important story. I think Russia is just the first of many countries that will end up stopping trading. Was listening to the news this morning and heard that the Asian markets got completely hammered last night. Hopefully the Western markets can fair better today.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Microchips?

Really?

I just checked outside and the sun came up this morning, my bank is open and gas is cheaper than it has been in months.

I drove around to all the concentration camp sites and they still aren't there.

I still don't have Anthrax, even though it's Wednesday and there is no Galactic Federation ship over my house.

Jesus don't care about the Russian stock market, man, and Jesus ain't gonna let the 'man' microchip me.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Maybe Jesus is just in the bearish mood and dumping all of his stocks - and that's how the financial crisis and bible profecies tie into this. I heard Jesus owned shares of Gazprom. Does the bible have anything about the reasonable rate of return on equity? Maybe we should all use the bible as an investment analysis tool. Who knows - maybe thats Warren Buffett's secret.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I do not think that is what Atlas Shrugged is about at all. It is a book in stern defense of the capitalist system in its purest form, against government regulations and the prevailence of the human mind over any and all obstacles.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They are just stopping trading and short selling exploitation of staple Russian stocks.
Russians are still trading the usual junk through the USA.

Yes we all might end up poor and hungry.
But maybe it might make us be nicer to one another for a change.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
They are just stopping trading and short selling exploitation of staple Russian stocks.
Russians are still trading the usual junk through the USA.

Yes we all might end up poor and hungry.
But maybe it might make us be nicer to one another for a change.

For once I agree with everything you have to say.

We will probably end up poor but I ordered a bucket of goopy 'survival food' from some cult in Utah. Everybody is invited to my house for 'Blueberry Pancake Gruel' and a tube of 1960's era Spacelab 'veal paste'.

new topics

top topics

join