It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former British Government Official says UFOs are Real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
i was surfing youtube and i found this
i think this is more evidance of soon to be disclosure

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Nick Pope also worked with UFO Hunters. Interesting episode about ufo sighting in a military base with audiolog files.

Something is out there.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
You have to ask yourself how the PTB would benefit from releasing such information into the media - which is why the whole report reeks of Project Greenstar IMHO. In particular the part about the possibility of hostile intent.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
You have to love the BBC`s attempt at fear mongering in
big bold letters...UFO WARNING???Typical BBC ,an embarrassment
of an organisation.
As for Nick Pope,I wouldn`t trust this guy as far as I could throw
him,once an intelligence agent ,always an intelligence agent in
my book!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Nick Pope was not really an intelligence agent. His rank while he worked at Secretariate Air Staff (Britains UFO hotline) was that of a Captain. As a Captain he wouldn't have been allowed on the same floor as where the real interesting information on UFOs was stored never-mind be allowed into the same room. Pope doesn't know the real truth. All he used to do was answer the phone calls from concerned members of the public who had had a UFO sighting and pass on the details to various parts of the MOD. I don't know of a single serious UFO researcher who takes this guy seriously! In fact, most look on him as being part of the problem. . .

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is extremely old.

Use the search function.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I don't know of a single serious UFO researcher who takes this guy seriously! In fact, most look on him as being part of the problem. . .

I'm curious where you determine this? Anyone you can name?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I don't know of a single serious UFO researcher who takes this guy seriously! In fact, most look on him as being part of the problem. . .

I'm curious where you determine this? Anyone you can name?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by jritzmann]

I used to take the UFO subject very serious and investigated a few cases in the North West of England. During that time I met and spoke with many well known UFO investigators such as Jenny Randles who never really took him very seriously.She once said;
"I never thought I'd see the day when the man from the ministry of defence was less sceptical about aliens and UFOs than us UFO investigators!"
Don't take him seriously. He may even be a disinformation agent. . !

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Odd Synchronicity... I just read this and was only listening a few hours ago to an interview done with him on the Paracast. The episode is the August 24th interview and the mp3 can be heard here (or subscribe to their RSS feed and download it).

Make up your own mind about what he says after having a listen. Since I am only half way through the interview myself, I reserve the right to change my mind about Nick.

Having spent 15 years working in and with the military, to me he doesn't sound entirely loopy in some of his explanations of the MoD inner workings. For example: he declines to go into specifics on his clearances. It looks like he resigned about two years ago, and there are debriefs that he would of had that would state he should not be discussing compartmentalised information or even details of the compartment or clearance.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightlark
Odd Synchronicity... I just read this and was only listening a few hours ago to an interview done with him on the Paracast. The episode is the August 24th interview and the mp3 can be heard here (or subscribe to their RSS feed and download it).

Make up your own mind about what he says after having a listen. Since I am only half way through the interview myself, I reserve the right to change my mind about Nick.

Having spent 15 years working in and with the military, to me he doesn't sound entirely loopy in some of his explanations of the MoD inner workings. For example: he declines to go into specifics on his clearances. It looks like he resigned about two years ago, and there are debriefs that he would of had that would state he should not be discussing compartmentalised information or even details of the compartment or clearance.

I think he resigned more than two years ago as he has published several books about the subject since then. I always think of what Ralph Noyes, who used to be heavily involved in the Society for Psychical Research and who also worked for the MOD, said about Pope. He said that with Popes rank and experience he would never be allowed near the real evidence such as gun camera film taken of these unknowns. I think Pope may be a bit of a Walter Mitty!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What "former govenment official " HASN'T said UFOs are real...we know they're REAL...we just dont know WHAT they are.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Well, I don't particularly see her comments as a downer. I spent many hours with Nick not long ago and he seems to be very on top of his game. I think his track record pretty well bears that out. Disinfo agent? Mmmm...always a possibility, although in Nick's case I don't sense that. But who knows.

Is there anything you can point out that he's stated that was erroneous or outlandish? Because I don't see many top shelf researchers busting on Nick.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
ive listened to him countless times,, i almost just skipped this thread all together since im so used to hearing these guys talk about the cover up ALL THE TIME. but man its really interesting stuff, if wasnt a solid case why would these guys follow it for sooo many years. that is a tell tell sign.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In all fairness to Nick - he does all he can for ufology. I've met him, and talked to him, at length, and he didn't strike me as a disinformation agent. He started his MOD post looking at ufology as a sceptic, and came across a couple of cases which wowed him. He then put this forward to his bosses and no more came of it. As a true open minded soul which we, on ATS, all aspire to be. Looking at the evidence, examining the evidence, and saying' well, I don't know what it was, but it wasn't from here.' I don't think that he necessarily aspires to the ETH, but he certainly has an open mind, and thinks that the UK government are wrong in dismissing all UFO sightings as of 'no defence significance' when certain aforementioned UFOs (of unknown origin) seem to hover over military bases and leave UK air defences stumped.

As I understand it, he left the MOD because he didn't really feel he had any more career there. The whole 'Nick thinks that aliens are coming to invade' thing was blown hugely out of proportion. It was a media thing. He got known as the 'British Fox Mulder' due to his involvement in UK UFO sightings.

Nick never actually discloses much during his lectures, and he certainly doesn't contravene the OSA. However, he does believe passionately in this subject, and proper scientific investigations therein, and does do a lot for proper scientific investigation of ufology. He spends his entire life in this stuff these days.

Much better than the whole Blossom Goodchild thing, I hope you agree. At least it's someone speaking up for ufology who actually was a government official and investigated the thing on behalf of a government, as opposed to a 'channeller'. No offence to BG, but I don't think that Nick is part of disinformation. He did strike me as a genuine guy who really cares about the subject. Someone who didn't care at all about the subject until he was unwillingly thrust into it, then REALLY looked at it, and came to some unusual conclusions......

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

"Is there anything you can point out that he's stated that was erroneous or outlandish? Because I don't see many top shelf researchers busting on Nick. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think everything he says is slightly outlandish. He appears to have made his mind up that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin because he doesn't believe we have advanced technology even though he wouldn't be told if we did have such things belonging to the military flying around in our skies. As for getting things wrong. He got the radioactivity readings at Rendlesham hopelessly and completely wrong, and even though he has been corrected by UFO researchers and debunkers alike, he still carries on making the same mistakes in the readings. He doesn't learn by his mistakes!!!
Saying that, I don't think it's entirely Popes fault. After all he was little more than a buffer zone for UFO sightings coming into the MOD. All he did was pass on the information to various departments. All this nonsense about him being Britains Fox Mulder is laughable. He tried to investigate UFO cases and hit the same wall of secrecy that we all do. The fact that he was working in Whitehall doesn't amount to a hill of beans. With his rank and security clearance he simply wouldn't have been told whats really going on and certainly wouldn't have been given access to the real hardcore data concerning UFOs.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I agree with you. I certainly don't think that he had full access to all the UFO stuff going on there. (See Nick Redfern's book on the subject)!

However, I don't think that he necessarily subscribes to the ETH either. He acknowledges (publicly) that 'something' is going on above the UK skies. Denied by the MOD as 'not of defence significance'. In all fairness to him, he deemed this as being of extreme defence significance. He never specifically subscribed to the ETH, just that something was going on.

What that is/was, well, that's what we all here on this forum to discuss, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by starmist

"However, I don't think that he necessarily subscribes to the ETH either."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard him say that there's good evidence that we are being visited by extraterrestrials! Its because of this and his connections to the MOD that some people get unduly excited without realising that he had access to exactly the same information as those on civy street. In his post as Secretariate Airstaff 2a he simply wouldn't have been privy to the real information.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I agree again, regarding his former post with the MOD. I don't think that he would have been privy to that either. Nick Redfern agrees on this one, as do I.

However, seeing as ufology is generally judged as a 'fringe' subject, viewed in the tabloids as nonsense and the preserve of nutters: oh and the Blossom Goodchild stuff, I think we should give Nick some credit. He has at least tried to give some credence to the subject as something beyond the tabloids which is worthy of a scientific standpoint. He did look at certain 'cases' which still, to this day, are worthy of further study. Not the 'oh I saw a vague light in the sky' stuff, but sightings worthy of further study, solid objects sighted by military and civilian trained personnel which can't be dismissed as easily. Do I think they're aliens? No idea. Do I think this subject is worthy of further study? Yep! Sure I do!!!

At least he tries to look into ufology as a genuine subject.

Sure, maybe, he's been tempted by the ETH the same as all of us. I still am.
That's not to say I don't think that's there's a vague, albeit, vague, possiblitly that that's the case, or another case, or another one, Actually, having talked to Nick, I think he'd agree on this one! What are these things? Well - who the heck knows? When they're tracked on radar and all? I don't know? And they're solid objects? I think that was probably a hypothesis. The same way it might be yours or mine. In no way a definitive answer. That's the real beauty of true ufology, noone knows......

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by starmist

I think were he really excels is when he starts talking about some of the military cases which crossed his desk during his time at the UFO desk. One he continually talks about is the time when RAF fighter planes were casually overtook by disk shaped UFOs. What you have to remember (and from what you have said previously I think we agree) is that the reports then disappeared somewhere upstairs where they were properly evaluated and then investigated. I await the day that one of these individuals break ranks and comes forward with what they know. It will be far more enlightening than anything that Nick Pope comes up with.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i read the title and KNEW it was gonna be Nick Poope.

google him
he now makes a living out of ufology

[edit on 9-10-2008 by dalek]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join