It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the ways to make your poems spread to the audience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hi and my regards to everyone, poem is a way to express yourself and the surroundings that influence you in many ways. There have been poets that have touched either of us and on which I believe that we get inspired to write poetry. One of my favorites is Sir William Wordsworth of whose Daffodils was a great work. I have too some of written poems which I believe will be a pleasure to hear. What are the different ways that one can use to spread their works to the audience?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kabbio

Hi Kabbio. Do you live near a place where they have poetry readings by "amateurs"? I put amateurs in quotation marks since there are really few poets who can actually make a living from poetry. I would avoid poetry slams unless that's your style. They tend to engender "one-upsmanship" with verse, rather than on poetry itself.

For publication there are tons of little poetry journals looking for quality stuff. Go to your library or bookstore and look for The Writer's Market, which will tell you about all those journals and how to contact them. Also look for those who publish chapbooks of poetry. A chapbook is usually a collection of poems sold in a lesser quality binding than a book, but many well known poets still publish in chapbooks.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
HEy there,

Just in case, It's Cykotik40k (or Havoc40k, i have many many profiles all over the plase hee hee!). I'm too lazy to fish out my logins right now, hence the anonymous post...

In reply to your post of where to send poems, I find Deviant art is quite a good one.... have a look some time... it's a fantastic resource... I've put one of my poems up there. Do a search on the site for "Untitled Emptiness"...

Other than that, I'm not too sure myself... But i'm also looking for a place to submit my poetry...

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
In addition, if you live anywhere near a college or university, stop by their English department. Ask in their office about any poetry reading series they offer or promote. At the very least, there might be a bulletin board listing something local.

Like Toromos said, "poetry slams" tend to have a different feel and content. But hey, stop by a poetry reading one week and get a feel for the readers and audience before you decide.

top topics

join