It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian Stocks Plunge on Credit Concern; Indonesia Halts Trading

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
ASIAN markets to open in 10 minutes....

www.nni.nikkei.co.jp...

Get your popcorn

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Down 45 points already.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I pulled out when for whatever reason (I am not kidding) my stock went up 18 dollars overnight...Right before the crash. I just had a feeling it was a blessing and I should get out. So I did. I had all my cards in that one too.
Heavily against my brokers wishes I might add. Now I get to try and hide it from Obama and his hug a thugs.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

In Deflation, only those who hold actual dollars, or have deposits in very secure investments will have money. A huge number of investments will die, and the money put into those investments will disappear. Of course, the super rich will still have money, but not nearly as much as they had before the collapse. They simply won't be able to pull their money out of the system fast enough, because their very effort to sell large amounts of stock will wipe out the value.

If the governments create massive inflation, than everyone loses. The whole system collapses if the money is hyperinflated. That would be even worse, and I suspect that the government will pull back trying to rescue the markets before that happens. In order for the system to work at all, wages and salaries must keep up in order for goods and services to move, at least that was the way things were done in Germany. In this hyper-inflation, debt holders lose the most. If wages and salaries do not increase with prices, then absolutely nothing sells because nobody can afford to buy anthing, and once again, deflation must set in.

How long do you think the markets could last if almost the entire population stopped buying stuff? With the fractional reserve system, if all that money stopped circulating for over a week, then the monetary system would dry up. How many people are stocked up to last a week. I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join