It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meltdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I keep hearing about the Oct 7th prediction that many have made... and although it may be too quick to judge, it didn't seem to happen..

however, as a matter of interest, the Dow is down 197 points in after market trading, and the Asian markets are down almost 5%.

I am thinking that we're looking at another huge loss on wall street tomorrow.

The question i'm wondering, is where is the threshold. I have believed for a while that when the stocks drop to a certain "threshold" level, panic (real panic, not media hyped panic) will overcome the investors, and stocks will plummet into a free-fall...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You are correct about the free fall.....and the Oct 7th prediction was indeed true.

The entire world market is in free fall. An ATSer even just reported that entire DOCKLOADS of grains are sitting without anyone able to buy it.

Great Depression take 2 has begun.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
what if we live in government owned and operated employment centers like in the grapes of wrath.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Back in the '80's and before, economists got worried if the DOW ever went above 800...that was inflation time...then one day it kept creeping upwards and upwards to where it hit 12,000!!! Maybe more, I really dont watch the stock markets these days except to see the panic on peoples faces when it does a free fall. The only ones who really need to worry are the ones who bought when it was really expensive, they will lose money, but, if I remember right, I think they can take a capital loss on it too. Provided they sell it of course, not if they hold onto it.
The big question is....will the stock market keep falling to the 800 levels or will it plateau somewhere in the thousands level????

top topics

join