It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abydos ancient Egyptian pictures of modern machines

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Do I see Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If you are asking if I am this piccolo, no i am not.

Ok, back to the vedic scriptures.

In this part Drona's son seems to be pursued and him fearing he will die releases a Brahmastra (A weapon with makes light go in all directions, it was a circle of fire which burnt everything in its path. All the population of three worlds were burnt by two of these weapons. Whoever survived was burnt, full of pus, blood and stench) Arjuna decides to counterattack using the same weapon and the destruction becomes bigger. According to this text Drona's son was cursed to wander the lands for 3,000 years with his body full of pus, blood, burnt and stench.

Could it mean that those who survived this attack lived like this for 3,000 years? The other survivor, the son of Abhimanyu (the descendants?) were burnt but seemed to survive.

"Sauptika Parva

Chapter One

Ashvatthama Destroys the Pandava Army

After some time, when Drona's son saw that his horses were tired, he considered that there was no alternative for protection outside of his using the ultimate weapon, the Brahmastra. Since his life was in danger, he
touched water to sanctity himself and uttered the hymns for throwing the powerful weapon, although he did not know how to withdraw it. He then released
the weapon in the direction of Krishna and Arjuna. A glaring effulgent light then spread in all directions threatening the life of all creatures in the universe. It was so fierce that Arjuna knew his life to be in danger. He then prayed to and questioned Lord Sri Krishna, O my Lord Sri Krishna, You are the almighty Personality of Godhead. There is no limit to Your different energies.

Hearing this from the Personality of Godhead, Arjuna touched water for purification, and after circumambulating Lord Sri Krishna, he cast his Brahmastra weapon to counteract the other one. When the rays of the two Brahmastras combined, a great circle of fire, like the disc of the sun, covered all outer space and the whole firmament of planets. All the population of the three worlds was scorched by the combined heat of the weapons. Everyone was reminded of the samvartaka fire which takes place at the time of annihilation.
Thus seeing the disturbance of the general populace and the imminent destruction of the planets, Arjuna at once retracted both Brahmastra weapons, as Lord Sri Krishna desired. Arjuna's eyes were blazing like two red balls of copper. He immediately arrested the son of Kripi and bound him with ropes like an animal.

Now, having lost his jewel, he lost even more of his strength. Lord Krishna then cursed the son of Drona, You have engaged in the sinful act of killing children. For this reason you must bear the fruits of these sins. For
three thousand years you will have to roam the Earth without a companion. You will not even be able to talk to anyone. O wretched person, you will have no place in the midst of men. The stench of pus and blood shall emanate from your body, and dark and dreary forests shall be your abode. You shall wander over the earth covered with different kinds of diseases. The son of Abhimanyu, although burnt by your weapon, shall not die."

Excerpts taken from.
www.philosophy.ru...

Another source where they have a copy of the Ramayana. In this part there is mention of cities built by the Gods.

"The following morning, after crossing the Ganges in a boat provided by the ascetics, Vishvamitra and the princes came to a vast, desolate region. On all sides were huge trees stripped of their foliage. The ground was laid waste and a wind gusted, carrying sand and debris which lashed their faces. The cries of wild animals and vultures resounded there and even the sky above was dark and overcast.
Rama and Lakshmana looked around. What had happened? The land so far had been beautiful and verdant. Rama asked Vishvamitra, �This forest ahead appears inaccessible and foreboding. What is this land inhabited with fierce beasts of prey and presenting such a terrible aspect?�
Smiling even in the face of that fearful scene, Vishvamitra replied, �My dearest Rama, a long time ago this was the site of two prosperous kingdoms built by the gods."

Rama then showed his skill at archery. He released arrows capable of striking an invisible target by seeking out sound. Reciting mantras as he let them go, Rama covered Tataka in a network of arrows. Those arrows reduced the falling stones to powder. They pierced the Rakshasi and she screamed in pain. She quickly came down to earth again. Tataka then assumed a vast form and rushed with the force of a tempest towards the two brothers. Rama decided that she should be killed. He quickly fired an arrow imbued with the energy of a thunderbolt. It hit the Rakshasi full in the chest. Tataka�s heart was ripped apart and with a hideous cry she fell down dead.
Having watched Rama slay the demoness, the gods, headed by Indra, assembled in the skies and applauded. Celestial flowers rained down on the two princes. Acknowledging the gods� pleasure, Rama and Lakshmana modestly bowed their heads. The thousand-eyed Indra said to Vishvamitra, �All the gods are gratified with Rama�s feat. O holy brahmin, show Rama your affection by giving to him your knowledge of the celestial missiles. A great objective of the gods will soon be accomplished by Rama with the use of these weapons.�

Indra was considering Vishnu�s desire that Ravana and his Rakshasa hordes be annihilated. As he looked upon the mighty Rama he knew that the time for the destruction of the Rakshasas was imminent.
After Indra had spoken, the gods returned to the heavens and twilight fell. Embracing Rama and Lakshmana, Vishvamitra said, �Let us remain for the night in this forest. Freed from the curse of Tataka, it is now rendered so very peaceful and attractive. In the morning we shall continue on to my hermitage.�
The three of them rested for the night, praised by heavenly bards and singers who had assembled in the canopy of the sky.

The next morning Vishvamitra remembered Indra�s words. He sat the two princes down and faced them. �Steady your minds, O heroes, for I shall now tell you the knowledge of the gods� mystic weapons, including even those presided over by the invincible Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu. Equipped with this knowledge you will be able to forcibly bring under your control even the hosts of gods and demons, including the Gandharvas and Nagas, the powerful celestial serpents.�

Vishvamitra sat facing the rising sun and, after purifying himself by sipping water and intoning sacred hymns, he began to repeat to Rama a string of mantras capable of invoking the celestial weapons. Calling each weapon by the name of its presiding deity, Vishvamitra delivered to Rama all those divine missiles, thousands in number and difficult for even the gods to remember in their entirety. As they were called they came before Rama in their shining ethereal forms. Some appeared like glowing coal, others were smoky while others were brilliant like the sun or moon. Filled with joy at being called to Rama�s service, they stood before him with folded hands and asked for his command.
Rama accepted them with affection and asked them to personally appear within his mind whenever he thought of them. The personified missiles replied, �It shall be as you say.� Taking leave of Rama, the weapons circumambulated him with respect and returned to their own heavenly abodes.

After teaching the brothers the full knowledge of firing and recalling the weapons, Vishvamitra finally said, �The instruction is complete. O glorious princes, we should now continue towards our destination.�

Excerpts taken from.
www.ramayana.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Did the ancients in India and other parts of the world had knowledge which is supposed to only have been discovered in this past century?

Did the ancient Indians knew about the atom, the power of the atom, and how the planets orbit around the sun and around other worlds as atoms do?

For some reason it doesn't let me post the Sanskrit cantos, but i am posting the links where you can see them.

"TEXT 10

TEXT

TRANSLATION

O my Lord, You are all-powerful. A fiery iron arrow is coming towards me fast. My Lord, let it burn me personally, if You so desire, but please do not let it burn and abort my embryo. Please do me this favor, my Lord."

(Muaddib----Is this a prayer to be safe from a fiery iron arrow which burns, or that is capable of damaging and destroying an embryo if the pregnant woman survives?)

"TEXT 17

TEXT

TRANSLATION

Thus saved from the radiation of the brahmastra, Kunti, the chaste devotee of the Lord, and her five sons and Draupadi addressed Lord Krsna as He started for home."

(Muaddib----Saved from the radiation of a nuclear weapon?)

"TEXT 1

TRANSLATION

The material manifestation's ultimate particle, which is indivisible and not formed into a body, is called the atom. It exists always as an invisible identity, even after the dissolution of all forms. The material body is but a combination of such atoms, but it is misunderstood by the common man.

TEXT 2

TRANSLATION

Atoms are the ultimate state of the manifest universe. When they stay in their own forms without forming different bodies, they are called the unlimited oneness. There are certainly different bodies in physical forms, but the atoms themselves form the complete manifestation.

TEXT 12

TRANSLATION

Two solar movements make one day and night of the demigods, and that combination of day and night is one complete calendar year for the human being. The human being has a duration of life of one hundred years."

(Muaddib----Is this a mention that the demigods live 36,500 years? 365 days times 100 and that for the demigods two days in Earth is one day for them?)

"TEXT 13

TRANSLATION

Influential stars, planets, luminaries and atoms all over the universe are rotating in their respective orbits under the direction of the Supreme, represented by eternal kala.

TEXT 15

TRANSLATION

O Vidura, the sun enlivens all living entities with his unlimited heat and light. He diminishes the duration of life of all living entities in order to release them from their illusion of material attachment, and he enlarges the path of elevation to the heavenly kingdom. He thus moves in the firmament with great velocity, and therefore everyone should offer him respects once every five years with all ingredients of worship.

TEXT 16

TRANSLATION

Vidura said: I now understand the life durations of the residents of the Pita planets and heavenly planets as well as that of the human beings. Now kindly inform me of the durations of life of those greatly learned living entities who are beyond the range of a kalpa."

(Muaddib----is it possible they are describing here that there is sentient life in other planets?)

"TEXT 22

TRANSLATION

Outside of the three planetary systems [Svarga, Martya and Patala], the four yugas multiplied by one thousand comprise one day on the planet of Brahma. A similar period comprises a night of Brahma, in which the creator of the universe goes to sleep."

"TEXT 23

TRANSLATION

After the end of Brahma's night, the creation of the three worlds begins again in the daytime of Brahma, and they continue to exist through the life durations of fourteen consecutive Manus, or fathers of mankind."

(Muaddib---after 4,000,000 years the three worlds begin again for a daytime of Brahma which in this part instead of saying it lasts 4,000,000 years as it is said on the previous canto it lasts 3,976,000 years. 284,000 = 1 manus times 14. This is 24,000 years less than what it said on the previous canto. I could be wrong, I will check this again in the morning.)

Excerpts taken from. If you can, read all the texts.

www.srimadbhagavatam.org...

"TEXT 30

TEXT

TRANSLATION

Of course it is bewildering, O soul of the universe, that You work, though You are inactive, and that You take birth, though You are the vital force and the unborn. You Yourself descend amongst animals, men, sages and aquatics. Verily, this is bewildering."

Excerpts taken from
www.bvml.org...

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Muaddib]

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by Muaddib]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join