It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abydos ancient Egyptian pictures of modern machines

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.enterprisemission.com...

Scroll down to see a picture of these objects on the above link.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
These pictures have been posted here before, and they are still a load of bunk.

As anyone with knowledge of Egyptian hieroglyphs will tell you, the "helicopter" and "flying saucer" or whatever are formed by 2 separate layers of carvings of which parts of the superimposed plaster layer have fallen away. It is strange that they resemble modern machines, but it is only a coincidence.

I'm open to the idea of ancient cultures possessing advanced technology, or possible contact with extraterrestrials. There is no proof that I have seen of either of these things, however. The so-called proof--like those pictures, or the deformed mummies that are the product of inbreeding--is usually suggested by people with little or no knowledge of Egyptian history. Instead of getting information from Richard Hoagland or Erich Von Daniken, try books with translated versions of ancient texts. There are plenty of ways to link the ancient Egyptians to the possibilities of lost technology or alien contact without having to resort to quoting people who have no idea what they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Are you an ancient Egyptian remembering a past life? If you are not then your own opinion is but a bias and since you cannot be 100% certain that your own opinions are true, i can say the same thing, you don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If you have not found any proof about ancient alien contacts with people on Earth, then you haven't researched enough. There is more than ample evidence of this.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As for proof that some ancient cultures had advanced technology the link below is a good example.

www.tmeg.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Maybe it was a bird or something, or indeed it could have been flying machines.

If it was a flying machine then it was proboly just what the ancient egyptians saw.

Maybe there was aliens and what not back then flying around and this made the egyptians write it down, in this case, on stone in the form of pictures.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just do a search on "Abydos". Use the search option above. We have discusse this subject numerous times already.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
To those that they support the '2-layer' story: why do you believe it ? what makes you think it is true ?

Don't you think that the probability of finding hieroglyphs that look like modern airplanes, submarines and helicopters and were constructed by sheer luck is something like 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001% ?

What else could someone say to make you forget the obvious ?

And even if the airplane, helicopter, submarine and flying disk is indeed the sum of two different layers of carvings, how come it is not obvious ?

And why has it been left in such a state by the one who originally carved it ?

I don't think that anyone believes that ancient Egyptians want the hieroglyphs this way. After all, according to the official history, those people back then could not have seen anything like an airplane or submarine or helicopter. So why the artists left it like this ?

Even if we believe the 2 layer story, how did these curvings end up in resembling modern vehicles ? by pure luck ?

What about the rest of the curvings nearby ? are they again made by chance ?

And all the other curvings on that wall...are they made to resemble humans and other drawings by chance ?

Or is it that this specific tablet was the only one to contain 2 layers ?

As you can see from the above questions, the 2-layer story is PURE BULL#.

They would like us to believe that nothing peculiar exists there. They want us to move along in our daily lives, without worrying about such petit details that TURN HISTORY UPSIDE DOWN.

The establishment wants you to be a sheep...not to use your brain at all. And they largely succeeded, since many people have believed the 2-layer story.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Are you an ancient Egyptian remembering a past life? If you are not then your own opinion is but a bias and since you cannot be 100% certain that your own opinions are true, i can say the same thing, you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm not claiming to be a reincarnated Egyptian, but I have studied ancient egyptian culture for years and have a bit of knowledge on the subject. Overlaid plaster fell away over the 3000+ years since it was first created, it wasn't left that way by the original artist. And if you are familiar with the hieroglyphic writing system, you can recognize the separate hieroglyphic characters. Some of the plaster from inside the cartouche next to it has also fallen away, but it doesn't look like anything so no one ever mentions that bit. There is a picture of that part and also a picture that shows the separate glyphs at the link below-

www.catchpenny.org...

Originally posted by masterp
The establishment wants you to be a sheep...not to use your brain at all. And they largely succeeded, since many people have believed the 2-layer story.

People that believe any conspiracy theory they read are sheep as well. Believing anything blindly without educating yourself on the subject only shows ignorance.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Egyptian artifact, found in a tomb at Saqquara, Egypt in 1898, is a six-inch wooden object that strongly resembles a model airplane, with fuselage, wings and tail. Experts believe the object is so aerodynamic that it is actually able to glide.

The small object discovered in Central America, and estimated to be 1,000 years old, is made of gold and could easily be mistaken for a model of a delta-wing aircraft - or even the Space Shuttle. It even features what looks like a pilot's seat

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The wooden Egyptian figure could be a bird or an airplane, but it surely shows that some of the ancient Egyptians were interested in flying.

It could be very possible that those images which you just say are interposed hierogliphs were something they saw.

As for the central American golden figure, the tail does not resemble any bird, but it is the tail of an aircraft.

Bird's tails are horizontal to their bodies and not vertical like these two figurines.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The wooden Egyptian figure could be a bird or an airplane, but it surely shows that some of the ancient Egyptians were interested in flying.

It could be very possible that those images which you just say are interposed hierogliphs were something they saw.

As for the central American golden figure, the tail does not resemble any bird, but it is the tail of an aircraft.

Bird's tails are horizontal to their bodies and not vertical like these two figurines.

People can argue that the heiroglyphs are helicopters and flying saucers as much as they want but it doesn't change the reality that they're are superimposed characters.

As for the artifacts above, I agree that they resemble aircraft. They pose a much better argument for the possibility for ancient aircraft than the hieroglyphs, and are still in their original form unlike the inscriptions.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
i believe all these things in question have been debunked by the history channel or discovery channel. i've seen a show based on those hieroglyphs, it is said to be actual words that had been altered by erosion. because i gurantee you, that those hieroglyphs are not that clean looking. someone tried to clean it up, and in my point of view add a little detailing to it, not to much, but enough to make people question it. as for the winged objects, i don't quite remember what their explanation was for it. i'll have to look it up.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The wooden Egyptian artifact is a flying fish.
This would have been quite a mystical creature to the Egyptians as an animal that lives in water but then soars into the air.

The Egyptians were fascinated with astronomy. Any culture that looks to the stars is going to try to find a way to fly. In fact, the oldest legends speak of men who try to leave the Earth behind to fly in the air. It's little wonder that some remnants of Egyptian aspiration can still be found.

It should be remembered that Egyptian representations are pretty modern-looking too. They had a deep respect for mathematics and would have transferred this science over to their work - just as they did with the pyramids.

I've yet to see anything that will convince me that the Egyptians could fly or that they were in contact with ETs. But there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Universe played such a large part in their rituals and belief system (and because of this mathematics) that they were far in advance of their time than most give them credit for.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If there used to be flying fish in ancient Egypt, there should be some now too, so we could find that out. I have never heard of flying fish in Egypt, if you have please post a link.

As for the golden figurine. No bird or fish has a tail like that, only aircraft do, and its design is exactly the same as that of many modern aircraft.

We have ancient cultures saying that they saw Gods flying through the skies in charriots and vimanas, we have texts of these flying Gods in almost every culture on Earth, we have designs and pictures of these strange aircraft from ancient cultures, we have figurines. We even have modern day sightings by regular people in all walks of life witnessing strange aircraft.

I have not met any aliens, but i have seen strange aircraft in our skies, and I was in the military in aviation warfare, i know when i see one of our aircraft.

Even with all the evidence we have, there are still people out there that say these things can be explained easily.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If there used to be flying fish in ancient Egypt, there should be some now too, so we could find that out. I have never heard of flying fish in Egypt, if you have please post a link.

Why would they have to be in Egypt? The Egyptians had a very advanced navy for their time and would have travelled the seas.
But anyway, they are about in the Med.

www.ciesm.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Flying fish in the Mediterranean? Please if you have any links to this post it here. I never heard of any flying fish in the Mediterranean, present or past.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just noticed the link. It could be possible, but even if the Egyptians seemed to be interested in flying fish, by making a wooden replica that would be able to fly, it is also concievable that they would have tried to make larger models.

They bothered to make the wooden replica's wings bigger than those of a flying fish so that the replica would be able to glide a bit, that would be a pretty good step towards trying to make something bigger.

I am not saying that the wooden replica definetly tell us they did, but it is a possibility.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

We have ancient cultures saying that they saw Gods flying through the skies in charriots and vimanas, we have texts of these flying Gods in almost every culture on Earth, we have designs and pictures of these strange aircraft from ancient cultures, we have figurines.

That's true. Astronomy played an important role in the Egyptian religion. There are many references to flying, stars, etc. in other hieroglyphic texts, such as the Pyramid Texts. The link below shows the hieroglyphs and translations for different topics mentioned in the Pyramid Texts--

www.creatures-kbc.com...

The vimanas are well described in ancient Indian texts, and there were different types--not only flying vehicles but other machines like robots, which they called yantra-perusa (machine-men). Here's a link--

www.main.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join