It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hidden Messages in Water'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have just finished reading 'The Hidden Messages in Water' by Masaru Emoto

Big thumbs up from me
and I highly recommend it.

I am interested to hear from others who have read this book or Emoto's research?

I am very impressed with the formation of the water crystals and water particles when exposed to a variety of music and emotions.

Understanding the fact we are essentially water is the key to uncovering mysteries of the universe (Emoto, 2001, 1)

Water is fascinating, well the more I learn about it anyway. The research and findings are absolutely intriguing and I don't think anyone could write them off as absurd.

For those who have not seen the research, below is some information

Dr Masaru Emoto

Wiki-Emoto

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have not read the book but is this the same person who says to write positive messages on your water bottles that you drink? I had heard about that on a radio show so I started doing it for a while. Not sure it worked but it put me personally in a more positive mood. I will have to start up with that again.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

oh thanks for your response!

I just logged back on as I had managed to find some images of the crystal formations.

It really is intriguing. Water gives us life, our physical bodies are 90% - 50% (depending on our age) made up of water.

Since reading the book, I have made a definite change to the amount of water I drink.

Here are some images:
external image

external image

There are quite a lot of images on google. They are so beautiful to look at.

There is also some music with the crystal formations on utube but I cannot upload them as I am at work (bugger)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

yes Emoto does that but also does other things with the water, placing the water into tense/calm environments... very interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I saw this book at Border's once, I looked at it for about 30 mins... it was amazing, i didn't really read it, but i've heard lots about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Emoto's water crystal experiments consist of exposing water in glasses to different words, pictures, or music, and then freezing and examining the aesthetics of the resulting crystals with microscopic photography. [2]

Commentators have criticized Emoto for insufficient experimental controls,[3] and for not sharing enough details of his approach with the scientific community. [4] In addition, Emoto has been criticized for designing his experiments in ways that leave them open to human error influencing his findings. [5]

In the day-to-day work of his group, the creativity of the photographers rather than the rigor of the experiment is an explicit policy of Emoto.[6] Emoto freely acknowledges that he is not a scientist,[7] and that photographers are instructed to select the most pleasing photographs.[8]

In 2006, Emoto published a paper together with Dean Radin and others in the peer-reviewed Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing, in which they describe that in a double blind test approximately 2000 people in Tokyo could increase the aesthetic appeal of water stored in a room in California, compared to water in another room, solely through their positive intentions.[9]

James Randi, founder of the James Randi Educational Foundation, has publicly offered Emoto one million dollars if his results can be reproduced in a double-blind study.[10] Randi has also stated that he does not expect to ever have to pay the million dollars.

Kristopher Setchfield, (BA, Health Science) from Castleton State College (Natural Science Department) in Vermont has made a paper called "Review and analysis of Dr. Masaru Emoto’s published work on the effects of external stimuli on the structural formation of ice crystals"[11].

He concludes the following:

It is this crucial lack of scientific foundation that prevents Dr. Emoto’s work from attracting interest by widely accepted and respected scientists at long-standing research institutions. This is unfortunate for the world if there is, after all, truth to his claims--as reproduction of his results by any scientist would lend much credence to his work. A little change in Emoto’s experimental design would do great things for the credibility of his claims. I recommend the following to ground his work in sound scientific principle:

Eliminate the possibility of the scientist’s bias affecting the experiment’s results by implementing double blind procedures.
Publish the entire collection of photos for all water sample tests that he has performed, not just the ones that support his claim.
Minimize the sources of possible error in his procedures, such as variation in temperature and humidity between sample.
Pay more attention to the time-tested methods of the scientific community rather than disregarding them. Emoto’s research could go much farther if he could interest scientists around the world in testing his hypothesis.
After the lengthy review of Emoto’s research methods and results, I have come to believe that Dr. Emoto is offering pseudoscience to the masses in the guise of defensible research. Only time and review by others will tell if there is any truth at the heart of Mr. Emoto’s claims, as Emoto himself thoroughly believes in his findings but does not value the scientific method or community. What is truly fearsome is the great numbers of people that accept his words as proven facts without looking deeper to find out if his claims are truly justified. While I respect Dr. Emoto’s desire to save the Earth’s water from contamination and pollution, unless he can produce a scientific paper and get it published in a scientific journal, I believe that he will continue to be ignored by the scientific community, and his claims will never be soundly proved or disproved

—Kristopher Setchfield[11]

This right here raises a huge red flag. This was taken from the wikipedia link.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Syntax123]

top topics

join