It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a global suppression of knowledge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think they need to make the educational institution teach more knowledge to students so they can know more. I believe there is a conspiracy for a world wide suppression of knowledge.

I just recently borrowed two books from my school's library, I borrowed a book by Michio Haku called Physics of the Impossible which explains why concepts that are usually thought to be impossible are actually completely possible within the realms of possibilities... and I borrowed a book called Wizard: The life and times of Nikola Tesla which is a biography of Nikola Tesla, one of the greatest inventors of all time. I think that this knowledge is being suppressed from schools by the new world order and the US government and I think more people should know about these kinds of things. I think people should be aware that there is nothing that is impossible and that anything that is within the stretch of imagination can be done.

I don't see why there is a global suppression of knowledge. I think people should be taught these things, these concepts and these ideas while they are in school. I don't believe that just those of us who listen to people like Alex Jones or those of us that listen to radio shows like Coast to Coast or those of us who pay attention to alternative media types of things should have knowledge and or access to this type of information.

I strongly believe the government should allow the full release of all information regarding any kind of knowledge that is suppressed as long as it wouldn't infringe on our national security. I don't see why they are suppressing this knowledge. I don't like that.

What started this? Who started to dumb us down?

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Personally, those things aren't that important. Unless you're going to become a scientist in that field it doesn't matter a while lot, interesting material nevertheless.

I'd like to see them talk about the fed, economic trends (stagnant salaries, ect.), the BS that is the American political system, how money works, stuff like that. Everyone can participate in those kinds of things, just need to get people to waken a bit.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Knowledge is power. Those with power don't want others to take their share. So our educational system is just a conditioning of facts, norms, and standards. Not real knowledge. Keep reading what interests you. Unlearn from all of the nonsesne that is taught in school. Don't expect others to be as open as you are. It's a hard lesson that's taken me a long time to learn. Most people are not ready to accept that they are told what to think is real and acceptable, when in truth their is so much more going on under the surface that we have barely begun to scratch.

edited:misspell

[edit on 7-10-2008 by unityemissions]

[edit on 7-10-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Suppression of knowledge? You were able to access the books to the knowledge.

Perhaps knowledge isn't what people want. Perhaps they want to be entertained and could careless about acquiring knowledge other than the latest football scores.

Knowledge can't be forced into a sleeping pig.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Blame these guys.

What? One line post?

Not me!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Maybe too much knowledge of reality is a bad thing.

I often am conflicted with myself. I get angry that people are so ignorant and that others take advantage of ignorance for such evil purposes, but then I wonder sometimes if our desire for knowledge and freedom could be a dangerous thing if allowed to fully flourish. At what point would we come to know too much? At what point would existence become meaningless because you know too much about who and what you are? How could we fully experience this dualistic reality if hypothetically we came to find out that we were just one mind experiencing itself infinitely? If we figured out a way to literally create our reality instead of being victims of it, to travel through time, to live forever, I'm afraid that would drastically alter the way we perceive the solidity of the existence around us.

If God is infinite, wouldn't the opposite of God be the illusion of finite existence? Is existence "Lucifer"? Is this what these Occultists are doing? Preventing us from destroying existence by suppressing our knowledge of what we are stuck in?

If everything in the universe is a mathematically precise pattern, does this not mean that the pattern can be predicted and is therefore a program being played out in order?

What if we CAN figure out the truth, but we wouldn't like it if we did?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wish they could teach common sense. Or at least the ability to 'put the pieces together' to come up with rational conclusions.

Random knowledge is just gravy and there's SOO much of it, no one can know everything.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Agreed. Except although most people don't actively pursue knowledge on their own, I think this in part has to do with the ideas of what should and should not be pursed, conditioned from an early age from t.v. and teachers etc.. Most teachers I knew didn't take it too kindly to have knowledge on subjects outside of their curricular scope and share it with the class. It was down right frowned upon and riddiculed.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
I wish they could teach common sense. Or at least the ability to 'put the pieces together' to come up with rational conclusions.

Random knowledge is just gravy and there's SOO much of it, no one can know everything.

I have to agree.

Throughout my life, those who I remember as being the smartest in terms of IQ or SAT scores or whatever also tended to be the absolute stupidest when it came to common sense or emotional intellegence.

new topics

top topics

join