It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo on bbc news RIGHT NOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
i have not laughed so hard in ages.

this has got to be the funniest thread on ats lol

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

One of those " America's Funniest Videos" moments, and no way to record it...
Can't get them all.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by elliotalien

elliotalien, please don't be disappointed now: if it's the building you are referring to, then you should know that many people make misinterpretations everyday: its shape is actually misleading, and the support pole has the same apparent color of the background, so the mistake was really easy to do. We have almost everyday dozens of pictures of birds, streetlamps, sky lanterns, planes helicopters etc ....: misinterpretations cover a HUGE percentage of the reports: i myself have misinterpreted many times what i saw: besides, you may have a monitor that actually impeeds you from seeing the support pole: its RGB value is extremely close to the one of the background, just the shadow makes it (barely) visible. We are here to share, and by the way so far i havent seen a photo showing a confirmed alien spacecraft

[edit on 8/10/2008 by internos]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

elliotalien, please don't be disappointed now: if it's the building you are referring to, then you should know that many people make misinterpretations everyday: its shape is actually mischieving, and the support pole has the same apparent color of the background, so the mistake was really easy to do. We have almost everyday dozens of pictures of birds, streetlamps, sky lanterns, planes helicopters: misinterpretations cover a HUGE percentage of the reports: i myself have misinterpreted many times what i saw: besides, you may have a monitor that actually impeeds you from seeing the support pole: its RGB value is extremely close to the one of the background, just the shadow makes it more visible. We are here to share, and by the way so far i havent seen a photo showing a confirmed alien spacecraft

[edit on 7/10/2008 by internos]

your right
well all i know is im watching the news
and i see an object which looks reasonably close and doesnt appear to be attached to any of the buildings and resembling that of a traditional `flying saucer`
what am i suposed to think if i cant physically see at first glance any trace of it being connected to a building
however if it is indeed a backdrop then it has been tampered with significantly as it appears to have the needle building the whitehouse and even the wailing wall all in one picture plus the sky looks rather fake too

so yes i am probably going to have to conclusion that its part of that needle building even though it did appear at first to be something seperate
thanks and take care

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
All the BBC news background sets are green screened to save money I think most news shows do that now but BBC definitely do because they themselves reported on it when they started it.

I have to be honest though that is 100% a building in the background not a UFO.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Teknikal]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Unless the Space Needle is actually functional, that is definitely not a UFO.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
my bad but

if you didnt know about the space neeedle buildings and trust me theres none in the uk....
then you would see where im coming from as its difficult to spot the connection to a building

okay this thread has run its course
close it
thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
well its good of you to admit you were wrong and not go on

so i applaud you

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Mondax]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Reminded me of the UFO in Men in Black hidden at the worlds fair.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
No offense meant man, just havin' a little fun. Just for the record though it looks like a collection of random images. Maybe there is another structure similar to the space needle that I am not aware of...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Good for you, we all make mistakes, and we can see how you could mistake it for a UFO, that's because it actually looks like one! But it's just a very strange building. haha.

I'm also happy now that I don't have to eat my keyboard

Peace.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
To all who think this is such a joke !
I recieved the photos and you can see an object in the air with what appears to be portholes. The pixelated television screen causes distortion as you should all well know........ It's there.
I only had my windows gallery to work with ,but I enlarged it and adjusted it as much as my program would let me.
I will get help to try to clean it up better. If I can, I will post it here.

Please try to be a little kinder.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by azureskys]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

We have all been wrong before, even if we have a hard time admitting it. And in your defense, Seattle Washington is one of those cities where it rains most of the year. The skies NEVER look "right" there, so I'm sure the picture they used to make the composite wasn't the greatest.

I think the designer wanted it to look like a UFO from a distance too

no harm, no foul

Thanks for the giggles

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
I recieved the photos and you can see an object in the air with what appears to be portholes. The pixelated television screen causes distortion as you should all well know........ It's there.
I only had my windows gallery to work with ,but I enlarged it and adjusted it as much as my program would let me.

Even if there was a obvious UFO, the picture is not REAL!

Have a nice day

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

they cleaned it..even animated it once....still not gonna make that space needle into a real space ship

and op im not laughing at you..
it's the fact they posted picture after picture and showing you in detail..it's a collage of famous building used as a back drop....
and still people like the guy i am replying to is still not convinced.

that's why this is funny..in retrospect of course

[edit on 8-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
wait so that isnt' a window, that means...the ufo is.. IN THE NEWS STUDIO!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
For second And last time the space needle 'Is Not' the object in question !

'Go all the way back,Tooo the very first Post... and try looking at the snaps again. His Curser... is... 'Not pointing' at the "needle Thing !

If.. You May have been wrong, and missed the actual area pointed to,
then, Please apologies To the OP.

Many news Stations that I watch, are groung floor and have live people, moving around waveing,holding a sign, or some that are near a Freeway OR what ever...I Know the places 'It's Not' cardboard.
Why.. Is it not possible that his real--with heavy pixelation.

Seems like a conspiracy. Ha! You did all conspire. But I didn't see any Proof that It wasen't there.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

But hasn't the OP agreed, albiet a bit reluctantly, that what he thought was a UFO is probably the space needle building?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by podizzle
wait so that isnt' a window, that means...the ufo is.. IN THE NEWS STUDIO!!!!!

It could be a mini one a la Batteries Not Included~

[edit on 8-10-2008 by bseven]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The building is called the BT Tower!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join