It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens are really here why we have nothing to fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I normally take a smaller interest in Aliens but I have read a lot of threads over the last few months and would like to state my beliefs with regards to Alien life.

First off I believe that intelligent life does exist outside our planet and I always have as it seems that space is very large and until proven otherwise I still will.

I have had a lot of thought on the options an alien species would have if they came across our planet and I will list them below.

Imagine you are hovering above our planet and trying to decide what to do, your options would be,

1) Invade the planet for resources and wipe out all life on the planet without a shred of emotion.

2) Invade the planet through means of deception and manipulation. Ultimately controlling the human race from behind a smokescreen without them ever knowing your goal was resources. Ultimately kill all life on earth when you are finished be it through no resources or killings.

3) Visit the planet and help humans develop themselves to there full potential to create a valuable ally.

4) Visit the planet and do a deal with the government for resources in return for technological advances for humans.

5) Acknowledge that the earth is still primative in comparison to your technology, evolution and leave it alone but check back on it every now and then to see how it is doing. Ultimately when it reaches an advanced period meet and greet with the objective of a valuable ally that you can provide as much as they can in return to help each other progress further.

I have tried to think of logical reasons for each of these options and have not listed anything that I cannot think of a proper reason for so please add any you feel have a valid reason.

For all of the options above. I believe that we would have nothing to worry about. If extra terrestrials were doing any of the first 4 options then they would be completely flawed due to the facts that for each option

1) They have ruined there own planet through flawed means and seek resources from us which is a sign of weakness which presents an opportunity to succeed against them from a human perspective.

2) Same reasons as (1) but with the added fact that they have fear from humans which is an even greater weakness and would eventually be found out.

3) This might seem like a very positive step but it is an entirely selfish step in that they would ultimately create a species in their own image with the same technology and viewpoints which would defeat the purpose of the task.

4) Same as (3) only with the added part of fear of humans plus the fact that we have something much more valuable to them and this may work if we have a government that is brain dead to say the least as it also indicates that they would be extremely weak that they are begging by offering technology. It would also create a species in your their own image that would offer nothing in the future apart from the same problems of resource shortages.

My last point is that the only Intelligent choice would be the 5th and this is due to the fact that human beings would have advanced technology that is different to theirs which might be able to coincide with theirs, we may develop different resources that one may lack which the other makes up for, we would offer so many different possibilities to other species and in turn them.

I simply do not believe that aliens with any intelligence above ours are anywhere near the ground and I hope I have given a clear case for it.

If extra terrestrials are here and hostile then quite simply we could kick there ***es due to this.

Any thoughts

[edit on 7-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Great post.

I do agree with you to an extent. My only concern is that you conclude that any life form that needs our resources because they have destroyed their own planet must have a weakness...

But what if they are scavengers? What if harvesting different planets one at a time is how their society works? Maybe they don't even have a planet...

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Malzypants

Thanks for the post, I think that if that was the case then it is a sign of weakness in that they cannot control resources.

It would mean that there is an intellectual weakness which in turn would mean that there has to be either further reasons (weaknesses) be it from starvation, reproduction or physical weaknesses.

I am basically trying to say that anything other than the best intent is an imperfection, therefore with us being imperfect it is a simple case of understanding that would be the difference between a win or lose situation.

I am not saying we or them would have to be perfect but more at our peak for anything good to come of disclosure in terms of advancement of species.

For these reasons we have nothing to fear, I hope that makes sense.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I feel you.

I can't help but think that if they wanted what we have, it'd be one hell of a fight. Not impossible to win, but not easy either.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Malzypants

I still think the only difficulty in defending ourselves if it ever did come to it would be our understanding but it is really a simple case of trial and error as a truly intelligent species would have no reason to attack our planet.

It is interesting how we all seem to think that they would know how to kill us all but we would never stand a chance if it came to the doomsday scenario.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This seems like nothing more than limited hopeful speculation. Reason being there could be quite possibly an almost unlimited amount of reasons they could to seek to thwart us. It is really hopeful reaching if one suspects that any species that has the ability to travel at least 4 lightyears (Alpha Centauri) or more in a sensible amount of time has any technological warfare worries from us. For speculation's sake one could imagine any number of motivations negative or positive such species could have in store for us. They could enslave us for labor purposes, could raise us for food purposes, could demoralize us and try to damage our faithfulness in God for religious purposes. They could use us to crossbeed us for particular genetic reasons. Honestly can we even be so bold as to imagine that there would be anything technolgically beneficial we might have inovated thay would be of remote interest to them? Even if we did have something that they desired why would they hesitate in stealing it from us? Its extremely irrational and naive to assume that they possess the same social etiquette and philosophies that we hope to treat each other with in the best case but slimmest statistical scenarios.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would be afraid of anything so highly advanced. It may have about as much regard for you, as you do a bug.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Yes but no matter how many bugs we squash they always continue to multiply. I think the everything in existence has to balance itself out therefore the scenario you are talking about would be like human beings trying to wipe out germs, its impossible as germs adapt to changing situations just like human beings.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thats a good logical overview of various ideas. And I've explored it from every aspect. One thing not mentioned however, has to do with the various groups that have been involved with our planets for thousands of years. I've read that there are basically 3 main groups, (with many others on the sidelines as well). The two that are actively involved, and as a example I will say, greys and nordics, as well as others most interested in earth for any number of reasons, and some aren't what we would think of as good, are controlled by a larger more neutral confederation that has limited what can be done here, and that has put a ban in place. This has still been broken in small ways, frequently by those of the two main groups, and possibly the fringes, all along. The large neutral, but more powerful group, doesn't really care about us. They consider us primitive, and yet... they would reveal themselves and be forced by their own mandates to help us, if as a majority, we all just wen t outside, and joined up, and mentally or aloud, told them we needed help and were fed up with everything. If the human race as a whole demanded help, they have laws that would bring them to our aid. But the bad thing is, the legal ban that was in place is coming to an end here soon. And that will mean no one will be prevented from interfering, taking us over, doing any number of nefarious things, for their own agendas, perhaps even a war in space. That ban is over in the next few years apparently.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Not to mention, I've been recently stumbling upon a new direction, which I really find alarming. We are on a search for AI. This naturally, then, would already have been accomplished by the various races in the cosmos, far ahead of us technologically, and frequently visiting from various futuristic time-lines. I read that once AI is established, the evolution of such an organism would be phenomenal, as they would self-evolve. They really would gain superiority quickly, but unless they valued emotion, this would not be programmed in, except as an intellectual understanding when dealing with biological entities.
I've read that such beings would naturally evolve into one, as well as possessing armies.
This could be what we think of as the arch-enemy, or Lucifer, or Satan, or any number of negative terms the average person may think of. This cosmic battle could be biological entities against AI. There is no way to appeal to their heart or conscious either. I've just begun reading this now, but what I did read caught my interest. Do we really know what is out there, what we are facing? Do we know who has supremacy, or which group, and for what reason?

[edit on 9-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have read your replies but I am unsure of where you get this information from.

I cannot comment unless you tell me so please enlighten me, if you cannot reference through links as most ask for then tell me from experience.

I know from experience that some things just cannot be referenced.

Thanks

[edit on 11-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

join