I normally take a smaller interest in Aliens but I have read a lot of threads over the last few months and would like to state my beliefs with regards
to Alien life.
First off I believe that intelligent life does exist outside our planet and I always have as it seems that space is very large and until proven
otherwise I still will.
I have had a lot of thought on the options an alien species would have if they came across our planet and I will list them below.
Imagine you are hovering above our planet and trying to decide what to do, your options would be,
1) Invade the planet for resources and wipe out all life on the planet without a shred of emotion.
2) Invade the planet through means of deception and manipulation. Ultimately controlling the human race from behind a smokescreen without them ever
knowing your goal was resources. Ultimately kill all life on earth when you are finished be it through no resources or killings.
3) Visit the planet and help humans develop themselves to there full potential to create a valuable ally.
4) Visit the planet and do a deal with the government for resources in return for technological advances for humans.
5) Acknowledge that the earth is still primative in comparison to your technology, evolution and leave it alone but check back on it every now and
then to see how it is doing. Ultimately when it reaches an advanced period meet and greet with the objective of a valuable ally that you can provide
as much as they can in return to help each other progress further.
I have tried to think of logical reasons for each of these options and have not listed anything that I cannot think of a proper reason for so please
add any you feel have a valid reason.
For all of the options above. I believe that we would have nothing to worry about. If extra terrestrials were doing any of the first 4 options then
they would be completely flawed due to the facts that for each option
1) They have ruined there own planet through flawed means and seek resources from us which is a sign of weakness which presents an opportunity to
succeed against them from a human perspective.
2) Same reasons as (1) but with the added fact that they have fear from humans which is an even greater weakness and would eventually be found out.
3) This might seem like a very positive step but it is an entirely selfish step in that they would ultimately create a species in their own image with
the same technology and viewpoints which would defeat the purpose of the task.
4) Same as (3) only with the added part of fear of humans plus the fact that we have something much more valuable to them and this may work if we have
a government that is brain dead to say the least as it also indicates that they would be extremely weak that they are begging by offering technology.
It would also create a species in your their own image that would offer nothing in the future apart from the same problems of resource shortages.
My last point is that the only Intelligent choice would be the 5th and this is due to the fact that human beings would have advanced technology that
is different to theirs which might be able to coincide with theirs, we may develop different resources that one may lack which the other makes up for,
we would offer so many different possibilities to other species and in turn them.
I simply do not believe that aliens with any intelligence above ours are anywhere near the ground and I hope I have given a clear case for it.
If extra terrestrials are here and hostile then quite simply we could kick there ***es due to this.
[edit on 7-10-2008 by XXXN3O]